Druid’s Healing Disadvantages

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Jack, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Allayna Augur

As you haven't raided in years. Don't play a druid at all and play a shaman poorly, maybe refrain from contributing to the thread about druid healing improvements.
    Desanctified and Cadira like this.
  2. Dre. Altoholic

Let's not forget the lower levels either, where:
    • Player healers have to med but mercenaries don't
    • Players need heals but mercenaries (even wizards/healers) don't
    • Early heals so bad they can be outpaced by OOC regeneration
    • Salve/renewal spells are... meh... compared to Greater/Superior Heal
    • No Heal/Time spells to avoid healer getting swarmed and dying
    • No revive tools before Incarnate....this one is really bad
    • Group heals where?
    • Complete Heal...
    fransisco, Jack and Allayna like this.
  3. Tamarea New Member

Sadly, and it has been pointed out in comments after the roadmap was published, there appeared to be a void of epic propositions around class balance which is disheartening. I play a Cleric as a main and usually refrain from posting on other classes raising concerns about the state of their chosen toon on these forums, as I generally have limited knowledge due to severe limitations on my time (RL is a bugger sometimes!) so I don't get the time to explore more classes.

However, I understand the frustrations of my Druid colleagues and I whole heartedly agree with a majority of Jack's post. Druids should have similar tools to the other priests but done differently as they are nature based. For sure, they should have their heal timer locks reviewed and abolished, they should have access to a form of splash and HoT - the other priests have them, why not? It just doesn't make sense in this day and age.

Also, their ability to recoup mana is woeful and does need looking at urgently - some nature based ability to recoup mana should be feasible on a timer - dev's come on?

@Jack, thank you for the sentiment of undead DPS for Cleric's. We have no adps to offer like the other priests in game and the tools we have for DPS are poor at best and not worth the effort a lot of the time even on a full burn. I would hate to see the cleric class further reduced to be just being able to do some damage to undead mobs when you look at the odd zone/s which have some undead mobs. Cleric's need a significant (DPS & ADPS) boost with more tools to use that we don't continue stare at a wall hitting a few buttons for hours on end :p.

What I hate to see on these forums is other classes trying to bring down others - I celebrate the Shaman's and what they can do and long may that continue, the focus should be turned away from the classes and focused upon who can actually do something and lobby them to actually listen and do something (wishful thinking!) and p.s Druids to blow Merc's out of the water :).
  4. Missiny Journeyman

Your assumptions are partially wrong.
    I do play a druid and you have no insights in how I play a shaman.
    If your “analyses” about the druid class are as good as your assumptions, there is no need to care about your arguments.

What I don’t like is people argumenting how much better other classes may or may not be compared to the class they attempt to get improved. If those arguments are made up without examples of ingame-situations which back up those arguments but only picking some abilities of other classes, my feeling is, the likehood that the other mentioned classes get served a nerf is much higher, than the likehood that an improvement for the supported class occur.
  5. Allayna Augur

You don't raid...haven't in years according to your own admission. And you use mending on your shaman. Which is all the insight I need into how you play.

I main a paladin currently, but have > 15 years main experience on a druid and keep my knowledge base current and often raid with him.

Not sure how else to provide "ingame situations" for you, I gave you a breakdown of 10 minutes worth of dotting and the mana consumption and ability of 2 classes to regain mana during those times. You keep trying to detract from that and talk about wiz/mages? Druids are priests, much like shaman, the difference is vast between the two in abilities, pets, slows, chain vs leather, double attack, heal over time, splash ( the best one in the game ), I could go on...

But the point of this thread is to point out the lack of healing for a priest class. Someone seems a lil about splash changes though. As if the 5 druids left in game had anything to do with that.
    Barton-Vox, Sprooce and NatazzEvoli like this.
  6. Missiny Journeyman

I am not against any improvements for druid.
    As one may figure, druid is not my main class.
    In the early game, as far as I remember, no priest had a splash-heal at hand.
    My feeling is, that there is no argument, why druids should not have also a form of splash-heal.
    My concerns are only that some kind of arguing for it may lead to nerfs to other classes rather than getting the druids their splash-heal or any other desired improvement.
  7. Missiny Journeyman

As far as I remember, nowhere I stated that I use mending on my shaman. Again misassumption on your side.
    I used the druids heal Vivavida for comparion because this heal was mentioned earlier in this thread by a poster which I understood plays a druid. So my conclusion was, this is one of the heals druids may use.
    The shamans heal which is the closest to that one is mending.
    My suggestion is to stop to fight each other and try to find arguments for improvements for the druids without missleading comparisions.

I don’t like any nerf for any class.
    I am happy with any improvement any class gets.

I play still amlost any day of the year with my ingame friends to have fun.

Any nerf may be the last one, someone is willing to swallow and may force ppl to quit.
    Any class improvement for my feeling may help to keep eq alive for another 10 years.
  8. Allayna Augur

I give facts and figures, you come back with "feelings".
  9. Missiny Journeyman

”All three other Priests ….” have been mentioned more than once in the first post of the thread.
    I have the feeling, I really missed something.
    Mind to name these 3 other priests out of the priest archetype?
  10. fransisco Augur

wow, please try harder when making stuff up. The key to lying is to insert bits of truth to make it sound believable.
    1/10
    Allayna likes this.
  11. Alkyvret Nature's Boiling Wrath Enthusiast

Mana regen compared to shamans canni? Are you joking?
    Druids get, like, 20k mana off of bear. This was going to be buffed this patch, and now hasn't happened, for reasons I won't understand.
    I'm not even going to look UP canni. It's... three times as powerful? At least? And can be cast... at least twice as often? And you have spell canni? And you have spiritual channeling?

And, they aren't nerfing shaman rain by 50%. By game data, yes, but it already overhealed so massively there will NOT be a significant reduction in the EFFECT of the heals.

After this patch, shamans will be able to DPS as well as druids and heal... 5x as well? With better mana consumption. It's not remotely comparable.
  12. Alkyvret Nature's Boiling Wrath Enthusiast

Respectfully, if you haven't raided in years, you shouldn't be providing opinions on druids in raiding. You aren't qualified to talk about it. Classes change dramatically over the course of "years".

If you had fun, great! But you clearly didn't want to know if what you were doing was significant. Plenty of us want to know that for a number of reasons.
    - I think competition is innately fun, and so I want to see where I stack up
    - I enjoy seeing where I kept people alive, or had big hits, or made clutch plays.
    - I'm in a racing guild. If I suck, they're going to replace me.
    The parser isn't everything, you're right, many values cannot show up in a parse, especially for druid. But we're talking about those too, we're using tangible numbers and reason to prove intangibles.

ABSOLUTELY. Most events actually. If no shamans splashed I would be constantly rezzing. We get one "spammable" group heal every, like, 8 seconds, that can't keep up with raid AE DoTs.
    Anytime the raid is scattered or shamans die, there is a noticeable lack of heals, and my healing abilities have to be put to full use just to cover the gaps.
  13. Jack Elder

You really need me to name the other priest classes in the priest archetype? Seriously? Ok:
    Cleric
    Paladin
    Shaman
    Druid

As mentioned, by class, in my OP
  14. Xandos New Member

Well i can understand if theres some Confusion as a Paladin, atleast in my Book, isnt counted as a Priest but as a Tank/Knight. But i understand from where you are coming from, as Paladins can basscily replace the Tank and Healer of a Group, in Group Content that is, hence the Double Role of Tank and Priest :)
    alanus, fransisco and NatazzEvoli like this.
  15. Cadira Augur

Paladin, a tank, is more of a priest than a druid, an actual priest.
    alanus, Allayna, Barton-Vox and 3 others like this.
  16. Missiny Journeyman

Wasn’t me starting to be picky about priest archetype
    If you count paladin to the priest archetype, why not someone else may count druid to the nuker archetyp?
  17. fransisco Augur

Because you cannot slot a druid in to replace a mage or a wizard and do the same damage
  18. Szilent Augur

I bet you wouldn't have to fish real hard around here to find someone that'd tell you paladins aren't the strongest tanks, either. And yet there's presently good ones tearing it up in good guilds. Similarly, there's druids top5'ing events that suit them, on top of rosters that include the best necromancers, wizards, and magicians in EverQuest.
    Missiny likes this.
  19. Allayna Augur

Kneecapping an entire class because a top 1% can perform exceptionally well is a woefully broken mindset.

I topped the tanking, dps and healing parse on an undead fight this week. Does that mean paladins don't have issues in dps vs live mobs? Or in AE aggro? It's a microcosm or a one off.
    alanus likes this.
  20. Szilent Augur

Ah there it is. Not fishing hard for it, indeed; thanks for backing me up on that prediction. And while any sort of position on ranking may be supported by various perspectives, that's a far cry from claiming paladins aren't a tank class, right? Druids are a dps class in the same fashion. Paladins = tanks, druids = dps, both are one of the four healing classes in Everquest, each contesting third place clearly separated by the breadth of their tool boxes from #5 & 6, rangers & beastlords. And separated by the power of those tools from #s 1 & 2.