Druid’s ability to recoup mana

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Jack, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Madinye New Member

Im over my head in this conversation as I dont know how to play my Druid as well as most, but it seems like its on purpose. My SK got a weapon in the new expansion, it procs 9100dmg and gives 7500 of that back as a heal, Why does my Druid 1hs of perpetual reverie return 750 mana? I mean 7500 is a SK lifetap amount, no druid spell can be cast for 750m.
    DruidCT and Jack like this.
  2. Stinkur New Member

Been thinking about this.Maybe simple as double or triple mana regen effect on our self "mask" ability and same with our group buff that provides AC/HP mana regen buff, double or triple this. At very least if it is doubled it goes a ways to helping out the mana issues and makes druid class little more group/raid attractive.
    Plus this is probably a simple code fix on the spell lines we have that exist already.

side note, I think our HP regen line needs a regen endurance factor added to it, nothing huge but just that little umph to make us more attractive to groups/tanks/melee but this would require more coding.
  3. fransisco Augur

best not to compare to SKs - they are the most OP favored class in the game, and have been so for well over 15 years. To say everything about them is brokenly OP would be .... correct
    Annastasya likes this.
  4. Rolaque Ancient

Do four things. First, get your heals set up so you feel comfortable and are able to react quickly, if not instantly. In other words, practice practice practice.
    Second, work on your dps setups so you can be seamless in moving back and forth between heals and dps. Learn about multi-binding, so you can decide if that technique helps you.
    Third, use a 2-hander weapon with Arms of Holy Wrath. It returns more mana than your scimitar. The utility of getting a portion of your mana back means your mana decline is slowed.
    And finally, recognize the importance of the new (lore-equipped) line of Gems of Proficiency Type 3 augments (Topaz of Evocation, or Citrine of Conjuration). And consider going back to Ethernere Tainted West Karana to pick up the similar type 7,8 versions of these augments (Splinter of Potency, and Bixie's Summoner's Stone).
  5. fransisco Augur

I think the new type 3s are lore grouped, so you can use one of the new ones (Evoc or conj) but will need to use the cotf one for the other skill. Or if your really old school, there was also 15% augs that dropped in LDON raids too.
    The cotf evoc augs were so painfully rare
  6. Stinkur New Member

Think we need to get them to at least double our mana regen on our spell buffs, self and group lines. Would go long ways in helping us out without going overboard. Like necro mana regen buff that trades slowly their HP for mana is very nice and offset with a good HP regen buff, not looking for as much as they get but something with a little more oomph, also make druids little more attractive if they more mana efficient and provide group with little bit more mana regen. Not hard to code into existing spell lines to boot.
  7. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

After spending more time than I care to thinking on this subject.. I propose increasing mask (we'll go off rk2 current xpac) to 200 mana regen making it 33.3 mana per second from the current 16.6 mana regen. Also increasing Growing Exuberance per spell level (96/106/111, etc) to have the current value be 2400 instead of 823.

Changing the Growing Exuberance to 2400 puts the mana return on the bear (rk3) to 147 mana per second. This puts it a little better than the Rod of Heroic Modulation mage's get (self only) which is 129.63 mana per second. Currently this value sits at 78.71 mana per second at 823 mana on the Exuberance.

So if druids are intended to be in a mana hole, as they currently are, this makes them a bit more stomachable for people who are not geared. It also promotes an active and thoughtful playstyle as druids currently are.

leaves druids nowhere near Shaman, which is as intended.
  8. Allayna Augur

I agree with you Toni, but had some more to add.

LS has launched and this thread needs an update and some history:

The druid growth line is level 96, 106, 111, 116, and 121. Personally I think there's one level missing in there at 101.

The growing exuberance part of the spell has remained unchanged since level 96, a flat 823 mana every 5 seconds for 13 or 14 iterations followed by the part of the spell that does change, the replenishment.

The newest one is Emboldened Replenishment and does roughly 23,615 (12,916 + 10,699) mana return at the end of the first minute of the cast of Emboldened Growth Rank 3.

I think several things are wrong with this spell line, one being that it only gives you a very small portion of mana back in the first 1 minute of the spell. The second is that the per growing exuberance amount remains unchanged per new spell iteration...The third being that it requires constant spell gem flipping to remain competitive.

I think there are several ways in which to address druid mana return and they may vary person to person, but I like spreading the mana abilities around and my suggestions are keeping in mind that boosting any ability that can be cast on others could be considered OP. There is already some merit in my suggestions as they are already different between group version and solo version for instance.

The first is adding mana / tick to all spell versions of the growth pet line. Toni had some numbers in his post that showed some consideration of other classes basic abilities and broke it down into MPS (mana per second).

The second would be to boost the solo wolf abilities for mana recouperation.

Currently the Group Wolf AA has 80 m/tick and reduces the mana cost by 12-15%. It has a 4 min duration and the recast is 7.5 minutes.
    The solo version of this has 140 m/tick and reduces the mana cost by 14-25%. It has the same duration and recast time of 4 min and 7.5 minutes, respectively.
    Leave the group wolf how it is, but tweak the solo wolf to a much better mana preservation value and a higher mana/tick return. Something more like 25-30% for that 4 minute duration.

The third would be to boost the mask line mana return.

The mana return on the Mask of the Ferntender varies from 95-105 m/tick depending on if it is rank 1 or rank 3. So we're talking 4,750 - 5,250 mana return in a 5 minute period. Addressing this low mana return number would be one way that could help both druids and rangers regain mana. I like Toni's suggestion for increasing the mask values.

Even doing those 3 things to spread the increases to mana for a druid, you would still be hard pressed to maintain mana while trying to DoT or multi-dot and do DPS. You would still be wearing CoTF level specialization augments, brell's augment and other accoutrements. But I think spreading the mana return around the different abilities still requires you to put effort into playing the class well, still keeps class balance in mind.

As a final notation as this is an LS update from the OP thread, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the sweeping upgrades to mana return for another class as a comparison.

Canni has improved from 92K mana return every 2 minutes to 119K mana every 2 minutes on the AA and 78,900 mana return in that same 2 minutes casting the spell Traumatic Exchange rank 3 on cooldown.

Without diving into spiritual channeling (duration 6 minutes every 20), or any other class abilities, there's a clear choice in what class to play as a priest right now and it isn't druid or cleric.
    Sprooce and Jack like this.
  9. Stinkur New Member

10. Stinkur New Member

Don't forget all the TLP's that are out or coming out were is an issue as well, around Kunark with the mask line and group protection, these could use a mana boost big time to help druids and make them desired in groups a little more.
  11. Cuuthbert Augur

Make the mana bear and AA!!!
    Metanis likes this.
  12. Stinkur New Member

Could ask for mana cost reduction across all spells to 10-15%, still think 50-100% more mana regen on buffs we do the simplest way to address mana issues.