DPS war for angarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Eyepk, May 5, 2017.

1. Eyepk Lorekeeper

I just really want to play the game and have fun and not worry about spells etc. I mistakenly made an ogre war on phinigel which forced me to tank in raids. I am not hardcore enough to keep up with what's needed I tanked everything up to Trakanon but trak ate me because I couldn't keep up with resists. before I had to quit due to rl circumstances. I get it a warrior I will have to tank in groups is fine but as raids go would you roll the warrior with the highest starting base DEX to increase damage because of weapon procs? Just some food for thought I really want to play a monk but I cannot stand pulling hence my warriors name was Bashdem Nopulldem lol.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

What are you actually asking here. Are you asking if it's ok for you to play a warrior but not tank in raids? Most guilds would not be thrilled with that. Rogues do exist btw.
  3. Malokhan Elder

IMO
    DPS Warrior = no go

Warriors do not have the abilities to be a good DPS class, even when geared for it. If you want to tank some times, but can also DPS pretty well, look to the Shadow Knight. Can FD, can tank, can DPS better than the other plate tank classes. Is not a monk. Make it a fatty Ogre for non stun from the front, helps with casting. Or a Troll for slightly boosted regen.
    Accipiter likes this.
  4. Trevalon Augur

If you roll a warrior your job is to tank on raids and pretty much every guild is going to expect that, even the smaller ones. If you want to do DPS on raids and tank in groups then roll a SK as you probably won't be asked to do a lot of tanking outside of some off tanking but you can actually do some respectable DPS numbers.

If you don't wanna worry about spells then go Monk or if you don't wanna pull, go Rogue.

If someone actually posted an app as a DPS warrior we would all laugh about in TS and promptly delete your application.
    Ming Tee likes this.
  5. Misaligned Augur

I feel where you're coming from and would like if this were a thing too but I think it's been appropriately addressed by the previous posters. Sorry mang and good luck with whatever you roll.
  6. Eyepk Lorekeeper

Very true thanks for all the fast and honest responses just theory crafting still don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the ogre warrior and had a great time but never realized that how playtime heavy you need to be as a warrior espically towards the end of Kunark. Maybe I will go with a female erudite SK since I have never played a female character in eq and lots recommend the overpopulated SK.
    jeskola likes this.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Play what you want, you'll find folks who don't min/max in this 20 year old game.

Heck I got a group that does 5 enchanters + 1 cleric it's a riot when we are online, sometimes it's effective, other times it's crazy, in the end it's fun.

We are going to be locked so enjoy it.
  8. Aaramis Augur

Find a friend to group with as a Pal or SK.
    They tank; you stay below 40% hps and zerk dps. Solved.

If you're on a raid, though, you're going to be tanking.

PS don't worry about dex. It'll come with gear and/or shaman buffs. Stats are only really an issue for the first few expansions.
    Ming Tee likes this.
  9. Lumiens Augur

You have inspired me to live out my dream of being a Wizard tank on Agnarr.
    DariyaVika likes this.
  10. Raewhen Journeyman

This isnt WoW. Classes have defined roles.
  11. Ultrazen Augur

Go run some parses on longer fights. Warriors are far from the worst DPS in several of those expansions.

Warrior in PoH when the mobs are red vs a wiz? You'll probably do 10x the damage over the course of a night.

Play what you want, try it out, if it doesn't work, do something else. You'll certainly be up against peoples ideas about what you should and shouldn't do though.
  12. malaki Augur

Already do this on Phinigel, it's a perfectly valid way to go about wizardry.
  13. Raewhen Journeyman

Spam click the wizard epic. There is plenty you can live through. And i guarantee you will have agro.
  14. Ming Tee Augur

Unlock berserkers early on agnarr for guys like this dbg!
    Misaligned likes this.
  15. Kahna Augur

Monk would be a perfectly fine class for this guy. The whole "monks should be pulling" thing is pretty outdated. Especially in raids. We have 4-6 monks on raids, they are the best dps class in these eras. We sure as hell don't have all of them pulling. We have monks who never pull. And in groups? Why would you want your highest DPS class spending 50% of their time not in camp grabbing mobs? Seems inefficient to me. No one splits group mobs these days. Just bring them all into camp and kill them.
  16. PlumbGame New Member

They do in WoW also lawls.
  17. Eyepk Lorekeeper

I made a monk when I just started back playing gave the little lizard a fungi and some good gear. Can solo yellow without a problem at level 32 but when I join a LDoN group even though I am matching dps of the entire group combined I am still expected to chain pull and the ONE time I did get an invite when I said outright I didn't want to pull the response I got was this.

I would advise you to change your class because when people find out you don't know how to play your role the word will get out and no one will group with you.

So probably best to just avoid it alltogether and roll a shaman play buffbot for 4 to 5 months make some friends join a guild then just overly gear a iksar box him up to get ready for velious and already have friends established who understand. I just plan on taking it on the slower side this TLP so I will most likely be dealing with pugs this time around which is cause for the concern.
  18. Kahna Augur

You were in a bad group, unfortunately there are a lot of those. I mean, who pulls in an LDoN. You just charge each room.
  19. Silinius Augur

As a main Warrior who also runs a box Wizard on raids (on Lockjaw), Warrior is not going to be a valid DPS class. Sure, you can put out marginal DPS but your role is to tank... period. If you want to play a melee DPS class, your best bet is Monk or Rogue in early expansions or Ranger (ranged DPS) post Luclin. As someone else mentioned, if you want versatility of tanking in groups or DPS in raids, then go SK. If you want pure damage though, you're better off playing a necromancer, wizard, mage, monk (you don't have to pull) or rogue early on.
  20. DariyaVika Augur

One thing I've learned from playing a bard on Phinny, is that most of the people you'll group with are incredibly lazy. They basically want to sit in one spot half-afk watching TV while you go pull everything for them and they hit a couple of buttons when the mobs get to camp. On one hand they want you to chain pull, and on the other they complain when they don't have mana song going on them.