DPS Checks are costing you money.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ratbo Peep, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Bigstomp Augur

I'd like to see the reverse dps checks removed. There's no reason prince should take as long as it does to kill due to hp locks as we wait around.
    svann likes this.
  2. Funnonry Lorekeeper

/assist raid
    /assist off
    /pet taunt off
    /pet attack

solved every raid leader's problem in 10 seconds
  3. svann Augur

Is this just fantasy?
  4. Vlerg Augur

Slightly related note...

but Skyfire DPS check appear kinda impressive for a T1 event, and Crypt Robber (first T2) will be a brick wall
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Caught in a landslide...

also, nice 5 week thread necro ;)
  6. dedab3 New Member

You Speak The Truth Sir,
  7. dedab3 New Member

Oh they have cheaters , just not any that raid .......
  8. Ratbo Peep Augur

It's important to remember that (despite my failings in being perfectly clear) this thread was not meant to be about raids that are new or current content it was meant to be about "expired raids". Where the guild rankings are forever set in stone, and it's time for the "also-rans" that are always an expansion or more behind to finish the content also. So while being hesitant to respond to issues about a current "brick wall" I retain my position that EQ has always been more about "grinding it out" and "way cool DPS" just made things "a bit less of a grind". Say what you will about older veterans on the staff, but something or someone "new" came to the team a few years ago. Which is when massive DPS penalies started to appear.
    -R
  9. Brohg Augur

Current harsh penalties for events going long is a direct response to guilds abusing invulnerability mechanics to beat Arx 1.5 Tita's Ghost event.
    Maedhros likes this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

I think they're trying to make the whole raid do something. Not making the healers/tanks carry the raid.
    As for the DA thing on tita's ghost. We didn't use it, it sounded exploity. Then again, nobody got punished that I heard of so I don't know what to read into that. Acceptable? DA potions for sale?
  11. Ratbo Peep Augur

Then as a result of a knee jerk reaction so some people cheating on one event.........
    (sigh)