DoT overhaul info?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nekris, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Hadesborne Augur

I actually pay Daybreak every month to be competent. hmm rethinking strategies
  2. Hadesborne Augur

Also Kahna, you know nothing about what you speak. Play a necro on live then talk.
  3. Hadesborne Augur

So you know, necros were always more powerful than almost any class in classic (chanters cough). That IS the classic experience people remember
  4. EnchFWO Augur

^Just want to reinforce this point. The DOT revamps are independent of TLP. IF the effects carry over early then prepare for the Necro vs. Monk DPS threads :rolleyes:

Continuing to talk about this in regards to TLP is pointless as it's already been ignored 2+ years for Live. And if you want to throw in Shm/Dru DOTs in era... well, those got nerfed last patch. If they can't balance DOTs for the main classes on Live over two years I doubt you'll get the TLP TLC in this instance.

If you really wanna stir the pot then PLEASE PM the spell dev - Aristo - on these forums. :)
    Machentoo likes this.
  5. Kahna Augur

Why are you talking about live necros?

I am talking about TLP necros, because this is the TLP forums.

If I did go play a live necro, I wouldn't come to the TLP forums to complain about the class.
  6. Machentoo Augur

Did they actually ever promise a necro revamp? I know we all assumed one would come since they did all the other dot classes.... Maybe necros ultimately didn't need one? (Again, speaking of live necros, as the revamps were never intended to address balance issues on TLP's.)
  7. Machentoo Augur

We are talking about live necros, because despite where this thread happens to be located, the dot revamps were 100% aimed at live rebalancing and had nothing to do with the TLP's.
  8. Kahna Augur

If the OP is talking about live necros why would he put the post in the TLP section. He never actually specified that he was talking about live necros. As a TLP necro I would be interested in the dot revamp too, I would imagine he is also a TLP necro who is interested in the changes. It's only later folks who came in here ranting about live necros. It certainly will effect TLP necros in addition to impacting live necros.

Discuss these things on the TLP forum and you will get TLP focused responses. Big shocker there.
  9. Brumans Augur

It's like you quoted Machen's post but didn't bother to even try to understand it.

Yes, this is a TLP subforum, and we're all mainly interested in how it would affect TLPs, but the entire start of this discussion has nothing to do with TLP. The DoT revamps were aimed at Live servers, so naturally any discussion about the DoT revamp - in regards to when it's happening and how it's happening (if at all!) - will be around how it affects Live servers.

You can't just put your head in the sand and pretend that Live servers don't exist because you don't care about them.
  10. Guzzle Augur

Nuking and doing mana battery stuff are two pretty easy choices. Get in there and do some melee with a proc weapon?

There are tons of useful things a necro can do besides just DoT and sit on their hands if they are well played.
  11. Ryak Augur

Except they utterly failed at their stated goal. Failed so substantially, that they actually made the problem worse.

The stated purpose of DoT reform was to fix NPCs' debuff cap issues (People were stacking so many DoT/debuffs that this cap was being reached regularly)

However, by making changes to non-necromancer DoTs which made previously unviable spells worth casting, they made the problem WORSE because now these other classes are casting DoTs too. (And the necromancer stacking his significantly weaker DoTs gets yelled at for wasting slots that a shaman/druid could be using!)

Ironically, as far as necromancers (on live) are concerned, they would be better off reverting all the DoT changes to other classes and at least the situation would be back to being bad instead of even worse.
  12. DarkerArts Lorekeeper

Well they can fix necros in live with new expansions, right? Any revamp should look at where the problem started and that is Luclin.

The utility spells that necros get in Luclin simply don't add much and the class AA are not good. They either need a new class dot crit aa or their damage spells starting in that expansion cost more mana but do more damage.
  13. Machentoo Augur

If only they had created such a thing.
  14. Hadesborne Augur

I am wondering if the people who are on here giving justifications and championing DBG truly understand what they are saying. Are you saying that because you support DBG, that you support taking over two years to revamp the ONE class that uses DOTs as a main source of damage, when this was promised to all classes and therefore support piss poor customer service? Are you really that kind of people? Do you actually enjoy calling up customer service for whatever service you pay for to be treated like a child? Do you enjoy when you pay money to companies that fail to provide services that they promised would be upcoming? I am trying to wrap my head around this. In the immortal words of Mugatu.

[IMG]

Thank you, someone actually gets it. Whew!
  15. Hadesborne Augur

Here Machen.

16. Kahna Augur

I pay for the game I play today, not for the game that may or may not be revamped around the corner. I don't really care how long they take to revamp something. I support them taking the time they need to do it correctly, I understand that they are short staffed and have other priorities that take away from the time they have to work on certain issues. I understand that sometimes other things pop up and become a priority. I understand that they have to keep the game financially successful to keep it running.

I enjoy playing the game as it is today, so perhaps I am more forgiving when it comes to these things. I don't want to see them sunset the game. I don't want to be stuck with my only EQ option being the horror that is P99. It's not like they were sitting on their hands doing nothing for those two years. They built Phinny in those two years, all the AoCs, all the instancing and adjusting picks and ups and downs. If I had to choose between Phinny and a necro dot revamp for them to focus on I would have picked Phinny. Phinny was the more fiscally responsible choice. Does it suck that the revamp has been delayed, sure, but I am still enjoying my play time. That is what I am paying for.
  17. Ryak Augur

Uh huh.

The problem is they did this entirely backwards. They shouldn't have revamped DoTs for the other classes until after they found a solution for necromancers that they were happy with.

Effectively, they have singled out the class most reliant on DoTs to have objectively worse DoTs than classes which only dabble in DoTting and left it that way for an extended period. Not only that, but they haven't even had the decency to do anything other than pointedly ignore any questions on the matter.

Is the plan to leave necromancers having the worst DoTs forever? Is there a plan to make specific changes but they don't have the resources to do it? Is there a plan to come up with a new plan because they suddenly realized their previous approach isn't going to work?

Who the heck knows because they wont say anything and it is garbage treatment.
  18. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I think it's long past time that they said something about it. Even if it's just to say that the effort was cancelled. They will catch some flak on the forums, but it's better than angering people with silence.
  19. Machentoo Augur

This falls quite a bit short of a promise. But I do appreciate the general sentiment. A necro dot revamp is long overdue, certainly. I think we are purely speculating if we try to figure out why it hasn't already happened though. Maybe they have been studying it and haven't found a good solution yet. Maybe they are gun shy after several others of the revamps went so poorly and had to be redone. I don't know.

I don't think that because it hasn't happened yet, that means Daybreak must be either incompetent or somehow have broken their word.
    Kahna likes this.
  20. Hadesborne Augur

So here is where you have failed in your evaluation. This is purely your opinion.

Making that statement and then NOT giving their player-base any info as to why it is taking longer than a FEW months is where they have failed. This process started back in Feb of 2016. We were all SUPER patient up to about a year after that. This past year of waiting has been one of getting our hopes up each month that THIS will be the month that it may happen, only to be dashed when DBG put their efforts into things like nerfing the XP in AoC instances, that was never a problem and nobody gave a crap about.

This is inherently the crux of the issue I think. Daybreak's priority list vastly differs from it's customer's priority list. In most successful companies, priorities are more aligned with their customers' needs. That is what, as paying customers, we expect. We also expect that in certain situations where things take longer than usual because there may be different priorities, that we get a heads-up from those companies. The complete LACK of word from DBG has led us to believe that, on their priority list, customers needs seem to be near the bottom.

Not many of us would be as upset as we are about the situation if they would only give us some information. An update, a heads-up, anything would be better than silence.