DoT overhaul info?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nekris, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Larsen Augur

Necros can't be given the same DoT overhaul as shamans and druids without becoming a broken class on TLPs. It works for the other two classes because they have only two DoT lines, so the DPS potential for them is limited. Ideally there would be different versions of the spells for TLP and regular servers, but as long as DBG don't want to do that, it's sort of irresponsible to give necros a gigantic DPS boost since it's actually a DPS class and can utilize it better than shm/dru can. The fact of the matter is that necros are still a decent DPS class even without this overhaul, and if they got the shaman treatment, it would be come #1 DPS while also being immaculate soloers, viable pullers, unreliant on KEI and without concerns for aggro.
  2. Hadesborne Augur

Actually it would allow necros to ramp up their DPS faster. It would only mean a slight upgrade in DPS to the class that originally was head and shoulders above the rest in DPS. The reason necros were best DPS originally on large single targets is because they take it in the shorts on group viability. Also necros require a great bit of skill and effort in order to obtain said massive DPS. You can't go afk on a Necro and expect to do any reasonable dps. remember, there are tradeoffs, and necros are already at a disadvantage in grouping, to leave them without the advantage they originally had in raiding DPS is a disservice.
  3. Ryak Augur

They are already a broken class on TLPs starting from Luclin or so. Just not in the sense you meant.

Even if you get a perfect situation, with perfect play (which is extremely difficult to achieve), by the time you get to PoR we're still behind even non-primary DPS classes like beastlords at this point.

I'm personally aware of 2 necros who have quit the class or the game due to the situation. I'm lucky i don't mind not making any parses anymore and i'm also lucky i'm not in the kind of guild that would try to replace me with another berserker.
  4. Juzam Djinn Elder

But its ok to have monks parsing crazy stupid #'s while they are viable pullers unreliant on KEI and can fd off aggro & can SOLO nameds pretty damn good :p
    Hadesborne likes this.
  5. Hadesborne Augur

Yes, that is what a necro can and should do. They take it in the shorts in the grouping portion of EQ, which basically is everything but raiding or soloing smaller targets. There already were drawbacks put in place to balance the crazy DPS a necro could do in a raid situation. We still have the drawbacks, we want the payoff.