Doing the typical comeback

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Took2summmit, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Took2summmit Elder

Been playing EQ on and off since the beginning. Played characters up to 100-105 cant remember. Main goal will be group content with maybe the occasional raid if there even if such a thing.

2 questions:

1) what live server has the best population? I dont care if its FV or normal server or whatever.

2) what 2box would be the strongest for group content currently? I am pretty skill at playing any class and find enjoyment in them all.

Thanks!
  2. Gnomereaper Augur

Bristlebane, Xegony, and Firiona Vie are the top three choices for "normal" servers.

Coirinav is the highest population, but is a time locked progression server.

Shadowknights are a very strong class to play with a shaman as one of the most classic combos. That would give you access to slows, healing, buffs, tanking and pulling.

Mage, Shadowknight, and rangers are the "top flavor" classes right now. I feel an SK+Shaman could go anywhere fairly much. Rangers right now are a dime a dozen, because of Headshot. Mage pets can tank well, but the higher tiers you go the problems come into play.

Xegony has a few guilds:

Realm of Insanity
    Machin Shin
    Iratus Lupis
    Lions of the Heart (really big casual guild)

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...rgest-casual-guild-est-cst-pst-xegony.219910/

Bristlebane I don't know much about, but they do have a high end raid scene and middle end raid scene.

Firiona Vie has a good culture and a few good raiding guilds, but really strange market place as it's the most open. You also can't transfer off of FV. And STAY OFF OF BREXT, it's a ghost town without FV's population.
  3. Took2summmit Elder

Thank you for the reply I do appreciate it. I was thinking could a paladin+necro work with 2 dps merc..the pal self healing? Use 1 healer merc 1 dps merc for the occasional named?