Does vaniki even have a queue?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 25, 2022.

1. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

I said it was DOA months ago and got torched but it is in fact DOA as predicted.

DPG took the ideas many wanted and implemented them in the most horrific and least appealing way possible.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Strange, I am reading other threads that seem to think it is doing just fine. A queue or lack of a queue doesn't tell the entire picture about a server.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
    Zrender likes this.
  4. Triconix Augur

The only thing DOA are your takes. How many Ls can you take before you realize you should stop?
  5. Larsen Augur

I certainly gave Vaniki a wide berth. Far too experimental for me. It's like one of those weird custom private servers.
  6. code-zero Augur

Meanwhile on Vaniki people are playing and having a good time
    Yinla, Zrender and Skuz like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Early days on Vaniki yet it is miles away from the abject failure so many hoped or expected it to be.

So far it's certainly not stacked with players like a normal TLP launch but its still looking pretty active, far healthier than I expected myself tbh.

Seems like interest in even this wacky a ruleset is actually decent right now.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

This is the ONLY new TLP I've ever rolled a character on and NOT had a queue time, even during peak hours.
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  9. Zrender Augur

I'm loving it. New challenges, loads of places to go. Economy isn't trashed from dupes and exploits, good amounts of people and tons of open content. I could probably enjoy Vaniki as a single player game so don't really care if it's uber populated.

Would add, though, that they don't do the queue the way they used to. There was a queue initially and iirc they increase the amount of allowed players as people spread out. Also this is 64-bit land so who knows how that works. I know there were up to 150 people in a single pick of the tutorial and there were multiple picks so...
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Stymie Pendragon

I found this statement somewhat odd, given the fact that they've had a forum account for 10 years and yours is only 1 month old. I'm not saying that you haven't played for far longer than they have because I don't know, but it made me scratch my head a little.

Please feel free to correct me if I misunderstood your statement, or if I took it out of the context it was intended.
  11. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

My forum account is new. It's that simple.
  12. mikey87 New Member

there he is, the guy that always has an excuse
  13. Shakara Augur

Um Vaniki did not start in Kunark or Prophacy of Ro.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Best expansion - Everyone has a personal choice

Worst expansion - Everyone has a personal choice

GoD was perhaps the worst launch for anyone who forgot how bad Luclin was.