Do Wizard Mercs burn past yellow con 101 + yet?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IDotPeople, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Mykaylla Augur

I would make one slight adjustment to that- Sometimes it's not that they're assisting on the wrong mob.
    Wizard mercenaries are using targetted AEs when in both single target burn mode, and when in balanced mode.

Combined: A tortured soul on 6/07/2014

Dilenae - 478
    --- Concussive Salvo Rk. II - 87
    --- Ethereal Incandescence Rk. II - 25
    --- Flamelocked Pillar Rk. II - 18
    --- Hoarfrost Cascade Rk. II - 122
    --- Pure Wildether II - 225
    --- Tamagrist Torrent Rk. II - 1

Produced by GamParse v1.0.5

This is a wizard mercenary in balanced mode. Tamagrist Torrent is a rain and Flamelocked Pillar is a targetted AE.

Combined: A forgotten prisoner on 8/01/2014

Kela - 547
    --- Bucolic Harvest Rk. II - 7
    --- Ethereal Incandescence Rk. II - 289
    --- Flamelocked Pillar Rk. II - 3
    --- Hoarfrost Cascade Rk. II - 3
    --- Pure Wildether II - 238
    --- Tamagrist Torrent Rk. II - 7

Produced by GamParse v1.0.5

This is a mercenary on burn. Again, there are pillars and rains. *Even* if one could make an argument for mercenaries using rains (since an attentive player can use rains safely and to good effect) despite the fact that they do not respond intelligently to CC or aggro, using pillars in any kind of single target DPS mode makes no sense at all.

In burn mode, they should be using Ethereal Hoarfrost instead of Flamelocked Pillar, and even if the development decision is to not give mercenaries the spells that have beneficial recourses like Claws and Vortices (which I completely understand, not only for the complexity of dealing with it on mercenaries, who aren't really like player characters, but also because I do think that real players should have a more robust skilllset than mercenaries if the same class), there's still spells like Gosik's Fire, Lightning Squall, Chaos Incandescence, or using the third ethereal, Ethereal Salvo instead of Tamagrist Torrent. I can understand not giving them Cloudburst Thunderbolt, since mercs are dumb and would likely nuke themselves to death a lot with it. All of these are non-recourse single target nukes, and while I may have opinions about which would be best, all of them would be better than a mercenary casting AEs in single target mode.
    Zentara and Mary Poppins like this.
  2. fortuneteller Augur

Are you REALLY sure you wanna release the universal beast that even CT fears ? Its also known as "Gimme gimme gimme". There once was a GM in another game that released it, and he was sent to the deepest abyss where he has yet to see light Again. Another GM in a third game was asked by the High GM, what would you do, release the GGG monster or open the Pandoras box... He opened the box.

GGG is a bit like Suarez, hand it the outer of a nail, and you can be sure, it will grab all your arm up to the shoulder.

Just see
  3. Mary Poppins Augur

Well, I could demand it now if it'd make you feel better.

I'll send Roshen a PM - I know he loves those.
  4. Uxtalzon Augur

Man, all this time I thought the way caster mercs didn't burn on certain mobs and named was an anti-bot mechanic that SOE just couldn't admit to (cull botting, keep players = more money etc.), but instead they've been broken all this time? Jeez. Imagine if they did break or whatever, would we have waited all these years for a fix? o_O

I've also noticed constantly now that my caster merc's aggro is wildly unpredictable. 95% of the time I can hold aggro and he wobbles and shakes (it's a scarecrow) and nukes the mob down, aggro kept on average mid-70's. Then there are sometimes when he casts and gets 1 point of aggro and I haven't done anything to get the mob's attention, like he's silent casting. Other times his aggro is so insane I need to switch to passive for a moment. It keeps me on my toes, so I'm not too worried about it. Maxed all caster merc AAs too.
  5. shiftie Augur

I highly doubt it is quote unquote broken... Likely the hp cap was put into place upon release in the millions of hp range to prevent mercs from being used on open zone raid mob encounters... Now trash has broken into that threshold range and they don't work for their intended audience of grouping.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It would be nice if the wizard mercs would cast their own self buffs like the cleric mercs do:

-Shield of Fate
    -Shield of the Dauntless
    -Armor of the Stonescale
    Lisandra and Leerah like this.
  7. IDotPeople Augur

Saw no mention of these getting fixed in the test update notes, and they are as screwy as ever over in MM. They will happily burn for a few nukes on a named, then go dormant again until the named is at 20 or 30 %.

Can we get an update on this please?
  8. Elegist Elder

I've been looking into it, but it looks like it might need some code changes and isn't as simple as I had hoped. It's still on my radar, though!
    Lisandra, Edrick, feiddan and 2 others like this.
  9. Axxius Augur

And I don't know how many times it was reported that Pure Wildether is not a castable spell. Mercs using it just because it's flagged as WIZ is cheating. They should not be using that spell.
  10. IDotPeople Augur

Thank you very much for the response here, it is much appreciated. Here is hoping to hear something in the next test patch notes! :)
  11. Weebaaa Augur

While we are at it, do Wizard mercs have to completely stop moving alltogether when a mob is engaged and they are set to anything besides passive?

I know that my healer merc will slow to a walk if a mob is engaged(Why does this behaviour even exist at all?), but Wizard mercs stop moving. If they are out of nuke range, they will stand there and wait for you to kill it all by yourself, and then run up and high five you after it is dead
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It doesn't matter that it isn't a castable spell by players. It was reported a long time ago and the answer was "It doesn't matter what spell they cast as long as the dps is where we want it" I don't think that answer has changed.
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Angahran Augur

Any chance of getting mercs to NOT stand next to rooted mobs and get beaten to death ?
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. IDotPeople Augur

Hi Elegist, didn't see any mention of mercs getting fixed in the patch notes, can we get an update on this please? Thank you.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. IDotPeople Augur

Are mercs simply deemed as good as they are going to get? Really dissapointing if this is true, no response for quite awhile now.
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Edrick Augur

Considering beta is still being worked on it's probably not a priority at this time.
    Beimeith likes this.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

This
  18. IDotPeople Augur

Considering the problem was deemed to be the HPs being too high, and expansions absolutely always increase mob HP, be nice if it was more of a priority. But that much is probably true, just hope none of their named end up having a time limit before dting the entire group or anything if I am to kill them all slowly yet again.
  19. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The problem with answers like that, that we seem too often to get, is that:
    • Too busy now, in beta for new expansion.
    • Too busy now, expansion just released, fixing bugs, etc.
    • Too busy now, end of year / Christmas
    • Too busy now, new year - new content, people on vacation now that expansion released, etc.
    • Too busy now, planning and working on next expansion
    • Too busy now, SOE Live upcoming
    • Too busy now, in beta for new expansion...
    Mysl likes this.
  20. Redrum_Redrum Augur

You forgot
    To busy now, reading responding and moderating forum posts.
    Elricvonclief likes this.