disable veteran rewards on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AgentOfRage, Mar 26, 2017.

1. -wycca Augur

Apparently the OP and some other's don't realize that when Vet Rewards went live, it didn't go live 1 year at a time. Aside from perhaps armor of exp, the latter ones are pretty much utility (banker, merchant, pok gate), so your request won't actually do much of anything.
  2. Rhodz Augur

Meh some folks will beech about anything.
  3. Auedar Elder

Stupid question, since I never played Everquest after they implemented the Veteran rewards.....but what exactly in the Veteran rewards that makes things OP? No one is listing these items/bonuses so it's hard to say one way or the other if these things bring an unfair out of era advantage to things like racing for server firsts.
  4. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Agree with original poster. Remove all veteran rewards that affect your toon's in-game performance.
  5. Guzzle Augur

7Th Year Vet Reward:

"Surrounded by a glow of energy this greatly increases the power of the player’s melee abilities, spells and heals for 1 minute. This handy ability is especially useful for tough situations requiring your best and is usable once every 4 hours."

So for one minute every 4 hours people get a free disc. This is what OP is crying about. I presume he won't have access to it, hence his crying post.

@OP, terrible idea. Please don't submit further ideas. It's a rather insignificant change, and I really want my Lesson of the Devoted.
  6. Trevalon Augur

I could be wrong, but on Vulak/Fippy I thought Vet Rewards were flagged based on the expansion? DId they change that? Like in GoD you could claim lesson but nothing else, then OOW you could claim year 2 and so on and so forth. They were tied to the expansion they would have released with.

Maybe im crazy though and am remembering it wrong.
  7. Trevalon Augur

I could be wrong, but on Vulak/Fippy I thought Vet Rewards were flagged based on the expansion? DId they change that? Like in GoD you could claim lesson but nothing else, then OOW you could claim year 2 and so on and so forth. They were tied to the expansion they would have released with.

Maybe im crazy though and am remembering it wrong.
  8. Zanarnar Augur

Agree that it should be what Trevalon described; open them as the expansions unlock. That most fits with the theme of a progression server.
  9. Trevalon Augur

Like I said, im pretty sure its already setup that way. I distinctly remember a thread during the PoP era of Vulak/Fippy when they released Vet rewards where Prathun changed all Vet rewards to correspond with the expansion they would have released with (Much like spells). Though I also kinda remember that Vet rewards were actually time based as well - Where At PoP we got Lessons then 1 year later we got year 2, then 1 year later we got year 3, etc.

I am nearly 100% sure we did not get all Vet rewards in 1 big lump as I very much remember only having Lesson for quite a long time

I dont know how many of you were around back then but does anyone else remember this? Machen might remember he was around back then.
  10. Machentoo Augur

You are misremembering. It is not set up this way. Once they are in, they are all in. We had access to 7th in Tacvi on Fippy/Vulak.
  11. Ultrazen Augur

What your suffering from is called victim mentality. It's quite common among MMO players. In reality, a 1 minute boost, on a 4 hour timer, has so little effect on actual gameplay, that from a percentage standpoint you are complaining about something that is almost immeasurable. The fact that you are so vehement about it, in the face of what the reality of the advantage is, is where the victim mentality part comes in.

If we start making lists of all of the "out of era" things that are on TLPs, we are going to write a novel. Your issue isn't with out of era, it's with some other kid having a cookie, and you not having one. In this case it's not even a cookie. It's some other kid that found a crumb of a cookie on the floor, because he's been looking at that floor for 10 years.

DBGs could award long time players with a +1 hit points at creation, and this forum would explode in a never ending whine about how unfair it was.

Me personally? I could care less whether they remove it or not, it would make literally zero difference to me, but you couching your argument in the old "out of era" chestnut, is really pretty funny.
    MaxTheLion likes this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I'll use the banker and merchant more than 7th year. Lesson of the Devoted every day, of course.
  13. Chatoyan Elder

Lesson of the devoted was the only one I used at all regularly. Banker and merchant on occasion. That little buff bot imp now and then, when I was really desperate for crack.
  14. AgentofChange Augur

Someone say corpse banking?
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

The imp has the annoying habit of casting an illusion on you of any mob in the current zone. Plus he spams you with food and water. Too annoying to use.
  16. Chatoyan Elder

Didn't food and drink come from the other one? Jester of some sort? The one I mentioned would give you low level buffs, even cast heal over time if you were fighting.
  17. Claritydealer Journeyman

No.

Because people switching servers never had to go back to having no Vet AAs. When they initially pushed them out they shoved out like what 5 or 6 at once giving people who had bought a whole year sub at once an extra year of credit at the time or something.

Besides most of them are utilitarian... Only ones with any real combat potential are 7th and Armor of Experience.
  18. Seraphix Elder

Thought this thread was going to be about adding rewards for disabled veterans. I am disappoint.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Oh, yeah. You're right.

The jester might fill your health or mana bar randomly, too.
  20. TarewMarrForever Augur

No.

Half tongue-in-cheek smarter solution: DBG, add a new Marketplace item:

1-Year Tenure : 2500 DBC
    Purchasing this item adds 1-year of tenure to your account, making it appear older than it is. This can be used to unlock Veteran Rewards early.

Problem solved. If people *really* feel bent of out shape and *really* feel that they can't compete, then they can Pay To Win. Everybody wins. Daybreak gets some extra $$$. People who feel butt-hurt over not having this can pay up, because the rest of us who actually have these Rewards already have.

You want to flag up as a 7 year old account? Plunk down $175 (2500 DBC * 7 years), and there ya go mate.

Problem solved.
  21. AgentOfRage New Member

I love this thread! A string of posts attacking the OP and saying vet rewards should stay, but without even trying to explain how they're in era. They are out of era. This is a no brainer. The only people who disagree are those with a vested interest. Classic!!!!
    CatOnTheKeyboard likes this.