disable veteran rewards on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AgentOfRage, Mar 26, 2017.

1. AgentOfRage New Member

Dear daybreak, Some veteran's rewards give major combat advantages. They have no place on a time-locked progression server. You need to disable them on phinigel. this should not be a difficult decision. Especially for Veteran's Rewards for anniversaries beyond the year when GoD went live, which obviously were not available during the GoD era. you removed out of era tomes (even though some of them were made available retroactively to lower levels) and disabled refer a friend benefits.

many people returned to Everquest or created new accounts to play on TLP servers. If you make us second class citizens in GoD because of Veteran's rewards, you are hurting the exact consumer base who returned for this server. I would probably unsub multiple accounts if I'm at a combat disadvantage because of vet rewards.

Disable the veteran's rewards on Phinigel.
    Kanuvan likes this.
  2. PixelQuest Journeyman

3. TPSTEEPS Journeyman

You aren't at a disadvantage. Raid wise people are using their vet aas to HELP you kill something for a drop you might want and win. Oh you mean you won't be AS competitive on parses...this isn't parse quest and it'll only be on one mob per raid night. I'd hope you can handle not winning a parse on one burn mob, which is what everyone saves 7th for.

If you mean on a grouping level...I can't take you seriously as it would happen probably once a day at most. If you lose a dps race chalk it up to a lost dps race which by the sound of your post you're used to.
  4. AgentofChange Augur

Reward people who have been dedicated subscribers for many years or remove that feature to cater to new players. Hmm tough decision, really tough one.
  5. AgentOfRage New Member

not going to respond to the uninformed personal attack. but can you explain how a 7th-anniversary reward is IN ERA in gates of discord? yeeaa....
  6. AgentOfRage New Member

none of them have been dedicated subscribers on phinigel for 14 or whatever years. with that logic, why not give them all defiant gear too. why not give them mercs and heroic characters too! there is no logic to your post, you just want an advantage on phinigel.
  7. Sigismund New Member

No.... im all for keeping Vet Rewards on progression servers.
  8. Tinytinker Augur

If you feel you are at a combat disadvantage, you should ask your class leader how to boost your dps. Are you using the right discs, do you have the right buffs, and are you getting the correct support from other classes? That'll help you out far more than disabling vet awards on a TLP server.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I got a 15 year old account that says no.
  10. AgentOfRage New Member

you guys are hilarious. with no basis, you assume I have trouble parsing. then you say that, if i'm having trouble parsing, I should learn to play, not worry about other people getting combat advantages. but look at what you're doing! you're all playing forum quest to try to get your OWN combat advantage, so that you can do better on the parse or tanking or whatever. that is some GOOD hypocrisy right there.

let's be real. these veteran rewards are NOT IN ERA for GoD. you are here fighting for them because you have old accounts and you WANT THE ADVANTAGE. so maybe you should turn some of your criticism back on yourselves. learn to play. ask your class leader how to play. then you won't need your veteran's rewards to compete.

the rewards have no place on a TLP. or they should be staged into the game according to the proper era. only the veteran account people will argue against this, and they'll do so (like you all) without any rationale, just pure self interest.
  11. Tinytinker Augur

No, we don't think you suck or have trouble parsing. You're probably a good player but any good player always can find stuff to improve their character.

I've played my characters for a long time and seek out advice when I want to do better.. I asked a friend on Live servers how I could improve my play and I went from doing good dps to great dps.

I have no interest in this. It would be cool to help you, but when you post snippy replies to people, it doesn't make them want to help you.
  12. snailish Augur

Probably makes more $ logic for Daybreak to provide single character "flag as 10 year veteran" item in the marketplace. The character wouldn't get 11-14 (current max iirc) until the account rolls past 10 years paid... but if you wanted to pay for 10 of these unlocks then they'd all roll past at the same time.
  13. Hateseeker Augur

Phinigel is instanced, instead of a content blocking/indirect-PVP-TLP server. Where then does this advantage come into play?
  14. Prowlar New Member

NO! that is stupid. Why must people cry about every little thing in this game? Just play the game and have fun, and don't worry about what other people are doing. I have a 16 year account, but made a new account for phinny, so no veteran rewards for me.

There is no reason for people to whine about every little thing. These TLP servers are not classic EQ, just progression servers. There are a lot of out of era things on these servers so just get over it already. If you are going to unsub over some veteran rewards which have a long reuse time, I think you were already on the way out. Bye Felicia!
  15. Kolosuss New Member

Ok am I missing something here? I have 37.4 years on /played (Legends account) and I cannot claim Vet rewards on Phinigel.
  16. Mwapo Augur

They unlock in GoD.
  17. Kolosuss New Member

Ahh okay. Thanks
  18. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I'm all for letting people buy vet rewards at this point. really 7th is the only one people care about anyways, the rest are fluff. 3500 station cash for the first 7 vets on a single char.
  19. AgentofChange Augur

ok gimme those too
  20. Hinastorm86 Augur

Has anyone thought about vet rewards being prorated based on how much you've been subbed to phinny?

For example, phinny has been out for what, 15 months? something like that. Say you get first year for 2 months of sub, 2nd year for 4 months of sub, etc (numbers subject to change of course.)

Personally, I dont think vet rewards being based on account creation day makes a whole lot of sense, i'd like something like this better.

Either way, I dont see them as a huge deal though.