Diamondized Precious Velium Ore (type 19 aug raid drop)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kontra, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Triconix Augur

Clearly you never played during the introduction of raid TS augs. They were no drop raid items. See Discordant Stone, Bazu Stone, and Last Blood.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

That wasn't the intro to raid TS. Go back to EP planes of PoP if you want to see the original trade skill drops from raid zones. Yes they were groupable areas but if you weren't a raider you couldn't get into those zones.

You also needed a trade skill made item to make all the raid armor as well but you didn't have to do it yourself you could just buy it from others.

They completely reversed it now so that the TS augs. They should change the aug ore drop to something you just combine in a TS aug container that others have made (even if they still had to learn the recipes from TS earring).
  3. Triconix Augur

Augs didnt exist during POP. I'm referring specifically to augs. And which EP armor you thinking about? All the elemental molds were raid no trade drops. They were a no fail combine, but you still couldnt just purchase raid gear.
  4. Cloud the Third Augur

Every EP had a set of really good gear for the time that you could make with trade skill. Some of the zones you could get the drops from grouping once flagged but some of the zones noone single grouped due to the difficulty of them. There were tons of weapons etc as well including some of the best bows. All the best group gear was made by raiders who farmed those zones and sold it.
  5. Triconix Augur

So you're comparing the actual group gear to modern day raid gear and wanting it to be the same. Got it.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

You clearly never played back than you can't get into EPs without beating all but the last 5 raid zones in PoP (which was like 80% of the raids) so it is in no way groupable gear. The difference is raid people could make and sell that gear to anyone because it was dropable. The modern 19 augs are completely groupable gear alot easier to get than a group geared person trying to get into the EPs.
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

The TS bows in PoP were the best in the game... so there was that.
  8. Beonono Journeyman

I don't post often on here but feel I have to on this one. This seems greatly out of whack. I have 395 with trophy on all tradeskills and have not only failed my last 3 augment combines (1 precious and 2 diamondized) but have also lost the ore each time. Extremely annoying to say the least. Can this be looked at? I understand the RNG but it certainly seems like the chance is not small.
    Xyphen, Sancus and Duder like this.
  9. Paradisic_parasite Elder

I've made 13 augs without a single fail. Maybe it's too easy?
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  10. Xyphen Maximum Augur

This was my experience as well. I failed 4 in a row with 395 JC, then succeeded 2 in a row. It's definitely not the low fail rate people are implying.
  11. Cloud the Third Augur

4 fails in a row sounds crazy, Same JC here and I have made 5 with no failures so far.
  12. Beonono Journeyman

Failures are fine, I don't mind that. It is the "small chance" of losing the ore that I am questioning.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I made 7 augs this weekend with only one fail, and in that fail I salvaged the raid aug and got to try again. Easy peasy.

This was with JC at 331-ish and max trophy.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

4 augs made.. jc at 300 flat (with trophy in) and a potion going.. and have not failed and lost a single item.

I failed a couple times.. but 100% always got every thing back.