Diamondized Precious Velium Ore (type 19 aug raid drop)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kontra, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Words matter. The description CLEARLY says that the $25.00 potion gives 100% chance to salvage items for 2 hours.

DPG... time to own up to YOUR mistake. Oh, and also return the components that people lost AND return the $25.00 because that's a bunch of crap.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  2. feeltheburn Augur

THAT is DBG and their legion out to screw people, it CLEARLY states 100% return, not 100% increase or whatever bull story they are trying to sell on that petition answer. That is clearly criminal, wow would not have believed that bull story if I didnt see it myself. DBG, people can read really.
  3. Zamiam Augur

i guarantee this should have a 100% chance that they will see a drought of their sales on this item :p
  4. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Also, DPG is full of crap. In the past, I've purposefully purchased one of these potions on a toon with 0 skill in tradeskill AND no or low AA's (i.e. not max salvage) expressly with the intention of attempting some insane 450+ trivial combine knowing full well I wouldn't succeed. I wanted to spam up skills while not using too many TS components along the way.

Guess what. It was 100% salvage back on all my components, unless I somehow broke the RNG and actually successfully made one of the items.

The fact that DPG/DBG is changing their story now is a load of crap and they should be called out for it.
    kizant likes this.
  5. Cloud the Third Augur

I would contact the credit card company and talk to them and not pay it. I guess part of the problem is when I got one I only paid based on the credit I get from just monthly fee so I couldn't not pay it but I would be royally pissed that they are not being honest. Class action lawsuit incoming! They are based in California right? I bet you could take them to court and win easy for false advertisement.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Interesting you would mention this today of all days.

It is going to be a popcorn day for sure.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

A charge-back is an insta-ban.
  8. Cloud the Third Augur

I would completely do that because if they were to do that I would take them to court for pain and suffering and make bank. They would completely lose on not providing what they said they were going to. My cousin is a lawyer so anyone want to let me know I can contact him to work with you.
  9. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I mean, that's a risk I think I'd take if I was DPG. Is this REALLY going to blow up into a class action lawsuit? Come on.

Best we can hope for is an acknowledgement from DPG.
    Sancus likes this.
  10. Cicelee Augur

The petition was not answered by a developer, but by a GM I would guess. And while you would want your customer service GM to be all knowing in the game, my guess is they made a mistake.

Now if Ngreth or a developer said that, then there would be halfling to pay...
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I'd petition again and request it be elevated (in the petition) AND make a post in the bug forum here.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The answer on the petition is wrong. But the potion works as it is supposed to.

We went through this during the crestas earring combines and ngreth answered it back then.

From the salvage AA, you have X% chance to recover items on failures. The TS potion moves that to 100%.

The problem, is that some combines return things on failure. That is NOT a salvage, that is a combine return, that just failed to give you the item you were trying to make.

For example, files, pots, any other tool you use that is returned on success or failure. You don't salvage it on failure, its hard coded.

These combines have a very high chance of returning the item on failure, but if you roll the non-return, you get something ELSE back on the failed combine, for example:

You may recover the Pear Cut Velium Diamond instead of the Diamondized Precious Velium Ore on a failed attempt.

from the Rallos Zek Devotee's Assault aug combine.

There is NO CHANCE TO SALVAGE ANYTHING, it is an alternate combine results. The potions works as advertised. Your knowledge of how tradeskills in EQ work is what is incorrect. No one scammed anyone. You simply bought something without proper knowledge of the game.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not their fault you or someone else doesn't understand the game.

Might as well throw a fit after buying exp potions, using them while in a raid format, and complaining they stole from you.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

As I'm discovering on a different, Dispute/Arbitration/Court issue with Daybreak Game Company LLC, you can't seek class action as your 'loss' of $25 is far below the limit for anything but small claims court.

You don't have to pay a lawyer in small claims and can represent yourself. There is probably a minimum of a $20 filing fee. And even if you win, most likely the court can't even force them to pay you.

So no. There won't be any class actions here today over this or my issue either.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Jalelorf Augur

I would not do a charge back if you want to continue playing EQ. They will instantly ban you for a charge back.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  16. svann Augur

o_O
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

18. feeltheburn Augur

As a representative for DBG, then you should advise them to change the verbage of that item, that is NOT what is stated, nor implied. IF what you or DBG is selling is correct, and ok lets play devil's advocate and say it is, then THAT is not what the item is stating. I don't have a dog in the race, I didn't fail a combine or buy a potion, but I can feel the pain of people who failed using one and the diction used there needs to be corrected.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  19. Axxius Augur

This is false advertisement. The language is 100% clear, and the price has a real money equivalent. It's goods, not some vague 'services'. Of all the 'lawler' cases, this is the first time I see something that can actually qualify for a legal action. IMO Daybreak/Darkpaw need to fix this, and fast.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Don't be stupid.

It is very clear.

Salvage is a specific AA with a specific function. The potion makes that affect work 100%. The fact that some combines have PARTIAL FAILURES (this the only way to get some items, for example) that result in a DIFFERENT RESULT, is NOT the same thing as a "salvage" means that it is irrelevant to the potion.

There are something like, what? 10,000? combines. There are like 50? 100? with this kind of secondary result. Are they supposed to note every single combine that if you fail it, that it doesn't work on?

It does exactly what it says it does. If someone doesn't understand what it does, don't buy it.

Just because you ASSUME something doesn't make them liable for your error. Just like it doesn't make them liable for any other mistakes me, you, or anyone else makes.

I was doing the 3rd floor key in ToFS the other day. I was in a pick. I was about to turn in the boots to the guy at the very end for the key, and all the sudden I zoned on 4 accounts. Then was right back to where I was, turned them in, no key. Figured out that the pick zone collapsed (they have a time limit). Is it their fault I didn't do /up and notice the pick time was going down? No. Stuff happens. You make mistakes. But going berserk on the forums bringing up lawsuits, fraud, charge backs, etc, because of your own error due to assuming how something worked is absurd.