Devs, unroot zerkers, please!

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Denhbers, Feb 22, 2014.

1. fransisco Augur

Outta curiosity, when berzerkers first got it, was it kinda overpowered compared to similar lvl disciplines of other classes? Just wondering if it root or blind were balance things in the original incarnation, but it has since fallen in line with everything else power wise.
  2. Phrett Augur

OP? Not really... it still equated to what we basically see now: The potential for a big burn which is balanced out by our drop-off over time into sustained. It basically comes down to how many hoops we have to jump through to truly maximize our potential, and the root and blind just happen to be two really big hoops.
  3. fransisco Augur

Ah, so root/blind was more flavor stuff than balance?
  4. Phrett Augur

More like somewhere in between... it was their attempt to throw us a bone in terms of increasing our dps, but tie into some of the lore of the class. The problem is the flavor part is pretty annoying when you stack it on top of all the other things that we have to get aligned for a proper burn. Stacking over a half dozen discs/aa's at once, spamming a dozen abilities, praying that our bard/shaman/beastlord do their jobs properly, trying to anticipate mob push (due to the latency of when the game actually visually moves the mob on your screen versus when you start missing swings), surviving a combination of rampage and AEs, etc. Stuff like that.

I can manage doing all that but it can be annoying I won't lie. I'm pretty happy with the class... but if they were going to adjust the blind and root while keeping the 'flavor' as you put it... then it could easily be swapped to a snare and a moderate drunken effect... something like that.
    Harabakc likes this.