Devs, unroot zerkers, please!

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Denhbers, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Velora Journeyman

So, you're blaming the disc and not your pc? If you lag on any class you will lose dps, not just berserker.
  2. Denhbers Elder

Yes I'm blaming the disc, a little lag never messed me up until frenzied resolve came around.
  3. Velora Journeyman

I find that highly doubtful.
  4. Denhbers Elder

Well, sorry you don't believe me. Also, keep in mind that a small lag spike can blow a zerker's parse a lot easier than other classes. Not to mention, servers have lag.
  5. Velora Journeyman

I used to play on a very old computer, then switched to a newer laptop. The laptop isn't amazing by any means, but my dps went up for every class I play. As a berserker it went up noticeably. Maybe if you had less lag you would be able to adjust better to utilizing root, but regardless I'm certain your dps would go up without the lag. The lag seems to be the problem, not resolve. And you can opt not to use resolve and still smash every other class on burn.
  6. Denhbers Elder

Resolve is still the problem. Honestly, I dealt with blind and snare and all that no problem on an older PC. I can hear the game's sound effects. My lag is usually tolerable, so I try my best to move around well, strafe, arc-strafe, etc. Moving is not the problem. If I mess up and get turned around because of a lag spike, so be it. It happens.

The problem is developers went too far down the detrimental effects path with us.

I know i"m not alone here when I say I hate being rooted. It affects your mouse-look and I'm driven crazy when I can't mouse-look. Mobs rooting me is acceptable because it's their job to want to kill me lol

It's irritating enough having to be at 90% hp, then you get rewarded with the most maddening detrimental effect possible. So don't use it, you say? Concede that I should be happy with not being able to perform at my best? I raided for 4 good years as a zerk only to come back to a class that defines greatness by tolerance of being rooted.

If you say we can still outparse everyone without it, and it's a spell from way back in VoA, why even bother keeping it in game?
  7. Velora Journeyman

We should be thankful we got furious ramp so that we can still be on top without being rooted/blind. I don't know the exact intent on why we got furious, but i can say it is a tool that allows us to top parses without using root/blind, which I am thankful for. It does suck not being able to use root every time, but I think with practice you could use it (though the computer might be an issue still).
  8. Largehits New Member

please comment on the rogue thread. from everything you write its pretty obvious you are not main berserker. there is no "we" there is you a rogue, and there is us the berserker community.

We want to not be rooted and blind and you can go to the rogue forum and talk about how the rear arc is causing you trouble
  9. Phrett Augur

I'm not...

I was just giving an example of a type of situation. :rolleyes:
  10. Slasher Augur

That is why I said we need to stop being dishonest. You can't complain about not being able to use a disc you would NEVER use in that situation anyway.

Also Denhbers I have an I7 but its a 1st generation I7 (4 years old) I would lag on raids all the time especially when parsing and furious rampage would cause me to lag even more.

Come to find out once I added the eq folder to my antivirus exception list the lag was completely gone even the lag i was getting when not parsing was gone. Try that if you have an antivirus. I can't imagine even an avg PC lagging in EQ. Not when you can fix that problem for what $150 ? Microcenter has the AMD Bundles for cheap they're not top end Processors but they're more then enough for EQ.
  11. Harabakc Augur

Keeping log files as small as possible, keeping max frame rate at a lower than unlimited rate, and a few other small tweaks can help lag immeasurably.
  12. Denhbers Elder

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll try that. My wife's laptop runs EQ better, although for some reason I zone faster than she does.

Honestly though, I still hate being rooted so much it's going to force me to quit/switch classes. I've been frustrated instead of having fun for a year because of this. If I want to play EQ, I want to play a class that I enjoy + can perform my best at. Root takes all the joy away.

Our weapons were temporarily nerfed in RoF because of root. Our Brutal discipline had its min. damage nerfed because of root. Root is getting us nerfed to be even more front-loaded. So from my perspective, root is constantly hindering us. You can also blame the BST buff for this, but since there's no way I can sit here and say nerf BSTS, the other option is get rid of frenzied resolve.

Being rooted simply does something to my brain, as I've said before.

(You want honesty lol)
  13. Slasher Augur

If you don't have your EQ folder in the exception list for your Anti Virus anytime you write something to your log it scans it which eats up your CPU fast even an I7 gets put to its knees from it.
    Velora likes this.
  14. Velora Journeyman

Completely agree. On an older computer letting it bypass the virus scan was a miracle. Hopefully, Denhbers, when the lag goes down your dps will go up quite a bit. I remember lagging so bad I would almost have to look at the ground so my frames didn't stutter, that was not a fun time.
  15. Velora Journeyman

No one wants the ability to be rooted and blinded, but if we have them I would like favorable raids so that we can use them. All most the berserker community does is complain instead of working with what we have. Yeah, we want change, but working with what you have makes the best of the situation.
  16. Harabakc Augur

Who's to say they're not? I mean are people just not using it at all? We have a couple berserkers that raid with my group that do great dps, 2-3 others that get beat by warriors some times. I won't profess to know much about why one is succeeding or others are failing, but people are dealing with in game. Here, they're complaining because they'd like to see it changed. I'm a rogue and I think it's pretty ridiculous at the normal crap both classes are dealing with and on top of that zerkers are dealing with the root/blind.
  17. Phrett Augur

I'm not being dishonest... I'm talking about a mechanic that doesn't exist in the game and was proposed by someone on the forum... along with an example of why it wouldn't be an ideal alternative. Stop dissecting my reply so much.
  18. Velora Journeyman

A lot of berserkers don't even attempt to use root, even in higher end guilds. It can be due to push or other variable, but I know of more that don't use it than do. Doesn't mean my sample size is perfect, but just my experience.
  19. hakmer Augur

here is the thing.. the disc is not a "raid" disc.. it's not meant to only be handled by the 1 percent of the 1 percent. The use of this disc in a group setting is not sustainable with mob movement.. we already lack in group dps from the changing nature of groups. root only puts us further behind in the one job we do in a group setting.no other class has to stand in one place for the duration to achieve not even top dps, but respectable dps in a group setting on an on going basis. u hit frenzied resolve and then hit furious rampage your are sitting there going i sure hope something runs by me so i can hit it... it's like telling someone.. hey.. go run into that grenade..of course me being a redneck.. i'd be like.. watch this..

but really.. for those who do not raid . this disc more often than not is not even used because the detriment outweighs the reward for most groupers. for a class that typically cannot achieve anywhere close to what other classes can of their potential in a group setting..this disc having root removed would be a nice addition to a lot of line ups, and pull us closer to being in that same percentile as other group playing classes.
  20. Brogett Augur

Are you saying that mobs move less in raids than in groups? Seems unlikely to me.