Dev's Treating players with distain or avoiding comments on player issues concerns please talk to us

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by flash000, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Rhodz Augur

Its an odd but all too common situation here and in so far all MMOs.
    Camps form and the longer the game runs the more entrenched those camps become, it can be lessened only by managing the game well.

Obviously it is easier to go to the moon than manage a MMO with any consistent vision since men have been to the moon many times but we have yet to see a well run MMO as only flashes, there and then gone.

These change cycles of nerf-xpak-buff are caused when no one knows what direction the game is headed and thus fairly redesign the wheel every xpak. No it aint a good thing and people are right to point out the short comings of the method. Its not false entitlement when one is paying for it.

People generally dont mind, in fact look forward to adapting to new environments as long as they are thought out well enough, they generally very much mind doing so because of random dev changes for the reason of "because".

For whatever reason we continue to play and invest in this game, this and this alone is why the game still exists. Why that remains the case I will leave to the imagination due to not being able to put a finger on it myself.
    HalasRadar and Motherlee like this.
  2. Keise Elder

Sony destroyed this game a couple years ago, when they started handing out abilities to every class like candy, making certain tank classes able to tank 15 mobs at a time, there isn't any role playing in this game anymore its just start a class and pull/fade/tank/heal/blah blah blah
    Some classes got screwed some made out like gods, maybe this new company is trying to fix the moronic mistakes
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Most of the time we don't get treated with disdain. Maybe irritation with how whiny we can be. Disdain of casuals over raiders seen that a tiny bit.

Overall the devs do the best job then can. Communicate as much as they are allowed given their busy schedules. Nowadays very few companies staff at levels that actually allow much in the way of slow or down time. We also have no idea what constrictions the devs are under about when they can talk to us.

And having seen some major communication mess ups by higher ups they may feel or been told that keeping quiet is a good thing. (not including the Smed thing I still think he was justified in what he said and support him on it). But casuals dont deserve to try certain raids on TLP or we are making a deal with the Monkey Qrack peeps the new TLP server ...... those we big mistakes.

Sure more Dev communication would be nice but I can understand not hearing a lot from them.

That isn't even mentioning them trying to get TBM ready for launch.... sorta sad how I remember the letters TBM. But I have one every morning and one in the evening :)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Keise Elder

Believe it or not 3 years ago there was a thought process in putting a group together, you couldn't just grab any 6 classes and destroy a zone in 1 pull
  5. Motherlee Augur

BA is speaking of giving feedback in exit surveys. AFTER someone has canceled his subscription is too late.

Change for the sake of change, or worse, breaking mechanics that have been in the game for 13 years, is bad.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Battleaxe Augur

I'm pretty sure I haven't spent 10 years doing exit surveys. In fact I'm certain that I've consistently provided feedback with no intention and no threat to exit.

1. Sometimes design error creeps into a product. Remember those emblems that made it so you had to upgrade 90% of your armor all at once or the new armor wasn't an upgrade?

2. Sometimes a long standing situation gets adjusted. There is no fix it within x years or it stays rule.

3. Sometimes we disagree.

Heaven knows I've expressed disagreement 50-100 times. On occasion with excruciatingly thorough explanation of my position and effort to rebut contrary views. But you know what? The person who sits in front of the products assets and can change them - they win. Thank you so much for considering my opinion (if you did).

I can always walk? Yep. I'm still here. Further I'd venture to guess major population reductions have been far more due to problems like GoD, competing products, changing life situations, etc. than rage quiting because devs stopped producing Warrior weapons that procced Invoke Fear (Polished Obsidean Great Axe) or even put an end to green pet pulling.

It's a problem when every time you do something that you believe needs doing and is your responsibility 10 people say "If you won't discuss X (translation - if you won't argue with me/explain yourself/give in) I'll leave and take the kids with me."

Stating your opinion (providing feedback) is perfectly fine. Demanding discussion or a rollback from a position taken is not. BTW, the more heated and argumentative you are the less likely a dev will find what you are saying and how you are saying it worthy of a response - IMO.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The nerfing of those abilities in no way at all made pulling harder. Pulling died years before Fling type abilities were even an idea in someone's head as well as several years before Fade was handed out to all classes.
    The Fling nerf greatly affected the ability for tanks to position mobs; the affect on pulling was limited to tanks grabbing a mob faster from someone who was kiting several or a monk shortening the time it takes to separate a split. It doesn't made it any easier.
    Fade was used far far more for its permanent no buff invis that stacked with everything and getting out of combat to use OoC only abilities, than it was to directly help with pulling. Fades use in pulling in the modern day is again down to speed; using Fade made pulling faster not easier because the puller could get mobs single or into smaller groups and then drop agro to bring that one or small group to the group or raid. As it is now, fade doesn't work reliably even when you are supposed to be at 100%, more than 30 units away, and using it on LB mobs. Also, the Fade changes that they have made have completely destroyed the primary reason why they gave it to all of the non-FD and pulling classes; which was for expediency of travel and the elimination of trains during such. Fade now being able to fail for most classes and having level limits as well as no longer having the permanent invis that stacks with everything has made the travel portion unrealistic.
  8. segap Augur

And ease of travel had gotten ridiculous. They might as well as just provided a UI that listed every mob in a zone and let you pick one to instant gate to (the third party software defenders will probably argue that's an "enhancement" that should exist). Some things should require some effort and challenge.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I honestly, cannot think of anyplace that deserved to be challenging to get to that isn't. I'm sorry but going from one zone to another zone to join a group should not be challenging. Going to special places within those zones is what should be challenging.
  10. Karthos Augur

11. Motherlee Augur

This is what I was talking about for exit surveys.