Dev's Treating players with distain or avoiding comments on player issues concerns please talk to us

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by flash000, Oct 2, 2015.

1. flash000 Augur

I really wish the Dev team would be a little more reactive and give us a direct explanation of the recent changes and not ignore us. Their is alot of feedback on the boards on these changes and very little in the way to support them.

The players here really care about the game yet you dont seem to care about the players.

The lackluster expansion discussion.
    The recent sweeping changes
    it seems the dev team and dbg is all about tlp only

I feel like we are being extorted to buy the next expansion or if the sales dont go well we will see a sunset and whats worse. I feel and im sure im not the only one but we get the feeling the Dev team doesnt care enough either about the players or the game to give us the responses we want.

Id be happy if we got a response that your reviewing the changes and reconsidering what was done.

Please communicate with us
    Hiladdar, Santonin, DebonAir and 2 others like this.
  2. Picaresque Augur

I do not understand why the developers would reconsider the changes until they had enough play data to make an informed decision as to whether or not the changes reflect their intentions. I run a business. If the business changes a procedure, it is for a reason and often, but not always, the reason is communicated to the customer. Push back is part of the process. Then it is time to collect data and see if the change is having the intended effect. If it does not or if it leads to a worsening situation, then it is rolled back or eliminated. Think New Coke.

Take the situation with pulling. There is little doubt that the reason for the change was already communicated. They want to reintroduce the "art" of pulling to the game. Those with more experience and understanding of their character's abilities will do better. They have essentially stated that and it reminds me of the game back in 2000-2003.

In other words, it is early. Give it some time.
  3. flash000 Augur

All im asking is that this is going to be reviewed if i wanted 2000-2003 i would have done tlp tbh
    its why we are on live. The problem i have is the dev's makes a change and typically ignore the community. till we eat the change
    Hiladdar and Motherlee like this.
  4. Picaresque Augur

OK, logical fallacy coming: you went from saying what you wanted to what we want on live. Actually, I don't want TLP. The leveling is way too slow for the number of levels and I absolutely love PoK and the spells, etc. They are not on TLP. I do miss the ability to pull and to group because of pulling ability. Too many classes have pulling and splitting ability in my opinion. I used to read extensively on Monkly Business and EQDiva on how to split and pull. It was an art and I felt good about being accomplished at it. Now my cleric can pull just fine. /off soapbox

Anecdotal evidence goes only so far as does one's preferences. DBG is rightly concerned with a larger sample size and that will take some time, data and feedback. I see nothing in what they have done to believe that they are not reading what is being written. But they will also likely monitor class discussions to see what is being said about effects and changes in tactics.

Anyway, that is my opinion. YMMV.
  5. Vetplayer Elder

I feel they should have done some more ' testing ' on the Test Server before putting it out live.
    I feel they should have heard comments on these tests before Live introduction and taken consideration to not be so harsh on some of the changes.
    These class changes really upset a lot of players such as flash000, and myself :)
    I am not sure where this direction is heading.
  6. TibalMurphy Elder

The only thing I can think of are 2 senarios.

1. They are prepping for PoHate/Fear raid pulling like old style or somehow it's linked to future TLP cause we all already know how toxic they are and flings would just cause riots.

2. Columbus Nova wants them to change any aspect of the game making it detrimental to players and slowly the population deminishes while sucking every penny out of the game while they tell the team to show us Shiney stuff to take our focus from the bad things.

But that's just me....
    Hiladdar likes this.
  7. Motherlee Augur

I agree. It seems illogical but your observations are accurate.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  8. Reval Augur

I don't think the devs are bad people. If anything, the issue is elsewhere. These are some of the same devs that have been creating this game for us for years. I would assume that they are just a bit understaffed.

Is there a way that we can perhaps ask for more devs? It seems like that's the real issue to me. I bet if people got behind that, it would be easy for many more people to follow suit, and maybe it would influence some positive change. It doesn't have to be rude or demeaning. You could just ask if there's a reasonable way to get more devs. I mean in some way or another, it's probably pretty possible. Who would be the person to address in that sort of request? I mean there's got to be some way, right?
    Hiladdar and Motherlee like this.
  9. Vetplayer Elder

I think at this point.. they just want to try to keep on trucking.
  10. Cicelee Augur

It is extremely challenging and painful to read some posts from some posters. Really really painful.
  11. Tyraxor Augur

It's not really complicated, i mean when an investment group buys something they look for profit.
    When SoE was sold, they saw a good opportunity to get in because Sony probably did ask for much less money than they would have asked for years ago...

Now they want something back.
    The people at top of DBG do not care about the players in any of "their" games.
    They care about getting their investment back, and then they want to start making profit right?

And what about the Eq1 team, well mostly they are probably just happy that they survived the layoffs.
    They also might know what the real plans of DBG are (remember, it's not Holly who decides anything here but Columbus Nova). They might be just as frustrated as you are, and they can do absoluetely nothing but following orders. Do people in that state love coming to forums after work? I guess they rather go relax with their family or whatever.

You simply have to understand that if Columbus Nova wants to milk & dump this game, nothing will change their plans. Even if you support them with money (just think about it...you are not supporting the Eq team here, you support Columbus Nova), they might ultimately dump it anyway in the not so far future. That is reality, and obviously it hurts for people who played this game for a long time.
    But all the begging and stuff, it just won't change anything - sorry.
  12. Vetplayer Elder

I know for a fact, that there are those that silently moderate the forums.( OR want to be !! )
    They try to set the mode straight.
    As soon as you post, they put in there two cents to point the car in there direction that THEY want.
    And if you get through that, then they bash you with rude comments.

Because of this, chatting in these forums is really a waste of time.
    You don't have a hope in hell having your issues addressed individually.

You have to be a part of a team or large group of players to bash EQ or forget it. ( Have the same complaint and not pay!)

Then and only then will you be heard.
    AND if that doesn't happen.. like recently.. then you just learn.

Don't play or don't pay. Period.

It isn't hard to figure out, simply spend time to click the posters name and figure out what they have done in the past.. Read there comments on certain threads and how they tried to grab a hold of the wheel to make that direction of the thread to THERE way.

Just like Cicelee posts, it is pointless .. I think there is a word for that. oh yah.. derailing.
    Do your own testings;) You will see what I mean.

Don't forget to look at the ones that Like this thread too..( Click the like button )
    See what THEY have done as well.

Because, the OP is right!

So, to recap, Ciclee, I am calling you a ' thread derailer' and a ' silent mod ' that want to grab a hold and derail a thread.

AND

Yes, the original post of this thread is correct... During the Live Stream Roshen was TRYING to get some questions answered but it got shot down by stating ' this is a live stream about the new expansion'.

There are a lot of need for things and changes that players are upset on.

If I decided to go to Disneyland with the $140 expansion money, and I had a concern, you can bet they would address it right away.

Does Daybreak/aka SOE ? I don't mean a 'lost corpse' or 'missing item' petition from a player with gold status.

I'm taking about the class changes.. why so harsh of a change on some classes and I cant find an answer by a developer.

This is why I feel the OP is right in the asking .
    GoneFission and Motherlee like this.
  13. Zarakii Augur

Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. Bobsmith Augur

Please stop crying.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

And then he types 10 more paragraphs.

LOL!
  16. Vetplayer Elder

Yah lets keep the thread on the topic..
    /snicker./ROFL /em was proven right once again.
  17. Motherlee Augur

See, THAT is what's not making any sense. Things were working pretty well and they could have milked EQ for years with minimal intervention. Instead they take things that were working for decades and break them! The person who wrote the merc code was a genius. DBG breaks it. Pulling was fine. Mezzing was fine. Agro was fine. And DBG broke it.

What kind of company buys a property and then takes a sledge hammer to it? It just doesn't make any sense unless it owns another game it's trying to funnel us into.
    GoneFission and Hiladdar like this.
  18. Lily Augur

One that wants a tax write off?
    Hiladdar likes this.
  19. Tyraxor Augur

A lot of things are not making any sense :(
    Imagine what the Vanguard players thought, when that game was sunset.
    It still had a loyal fanbase as well who played regularly, i ran into people there all the time...
    so much that some got together and try reviving it as now.
    How did any of that makes sense? Shows that managers often have a really short sight of view, very much to the distress of the players in their games.

Good point by Virinda actually, i'm not even sure it's all Columbus fault.
    They might just have lost it over the years, another possibility...
    Motherlee likes this.
  20. Vrinda Augur

I think you're attributing to Columbus Nova a malice that isn't deserved. Sony needed to shore up their bottom line, and selling off some game franchises was the way they chose to do it. Columbus Nova picked the games up for what was probably a good price. They're an investment company. It's what they do.

Thirteen or fourteen months ago, the devs (the same devs we have today, only there were more at that time and Columbus Nova hadn't yet bought EQ) took a sledge hammer to some aspects of the game (pets, merc AC, etc.) in preparation for the TDS expansion. Now, in preparation for the new expansion, they've taken a sledge hammer to other aspects of the game. Like last year's nerfs, these nerfs don't affect just the future expansion, but current content, as well. No one at Columbus Nova is micromanaging the changes, telling the devs what to nerf - or even to nerf at all. They just want a return on their investment.

Over the years, SOE siphoned millions of dollars from EQ into other (many of them failed) game projects. It would be nice if the person running DBG now that Smedley is gone would put the revenues from EQ back into EQ development instead of continuing to siphon it off to other projects.