Dev's, please do not go beyond Luclin Expansion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SonOfZeus, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Aaramis Augur

They'll never lock it at a certain expansion, unfortunately, because the population is so divided on when to stop it would be unfair to a large amount of players to choose a particular expansion that may not agree with them.

Some would choose Velious; some Luclin; some PoP; some OOW (for epics 2.0). And some others would be random other expansions.

Best you can do is stop at a certain expansion for a good amount of time, by voting to do so, but then most of the playerbase has to be on board for that.
  2. Mashef_8013 Elder

Actually POP was the pinnacle of the game. It had a good blend of raid and group content. Meanwhile SOL was almost entirely raid content. Don't get me wrong I love Luclin but it was not the peak of the game. The population did not drop until Gates/OOW as EQ2 and other companies games were released.
  3. gander Augur

OP go away. I'm only here for PoP and beyond. These early expacs I am merely tolerating.
    Warlorf and Nolrog like this.
  4. Studdmuffin New Member

Go play on P1999.
    Nolrog likes this.
  5. Nolrog Augur

Once they sorted the zone requirements, PoP turned to be a fantastic expansion for both groupers and raiders.
    Warlorf likes this.
  6. SonOfZeus New Member

For those troll bait posters who say i don't speak for them.

That is fine, i may not speak for you the 3 of you who disagree. But I have already had many more people agree with my opinion in game, and they agree that anything beyond Luclin destroys the social interaction of the game. The reason why Project 1999 has 2,000+ steady players on the server is because it maintains the best parts of EQ according to a large number of players that play there. Also the fact that these new servers filled up is a testament to the loyalty EQ players have with the Classic content.

You think that the progression servers just decided to fill up with subs because people are looking to play all the expansions from the beginning? It makes no sense to start over just to wait longer to play the content they can play now. They can do that already without needing to subscribe and there are already plenty of other servers offering the content to play today. Most are here because they are supporting the games' "classic" content and the nostalgia of Norrath when they first loaded the game.

Saying that DAoC and WoW took away from EQ is fair, but why are you not asking what brought them back? The simple answer is "CLASSIC" content.

Two valid points below is something i am sure there is not much to debate on because these were the main focus points of the complaints that a huge part of the classic community had when SOE went expansion crazy and started messing with the mechanics of the game.

#1. Bazaar ( SoL ) - Takes a large chunk out of the social interaction of the game. What made EQ great was how everyone was always communicating. Agree or not, most of you who probably didn't even start with EQ vanilla will disagree because you are used to casual features and are more than likely anti-social.

#2. Portal Stones ( PoP ) - Yet another thing that destroy's a part of the social interaction as well as making Druids and Wizard less unique.

The only way you will get proof is IF and WHEN the servers start going beyond Luclin. When all of a sudden you see the zones empty and chat quite, don't say we didn't discuss things to avoid the game from going ghost town again.

Again, you can disagree all you like, but can't deny the FACTS and EVIDENCE that the Classic locked content brought back the subscriptions and community.
  7. Tarrin Augur

I like your "no true scotsman" fallacy being the cornerstone of your argument.

I like how you belittle people who disagree with your point.

I like how you can't fathom someone disagreeing with you unless they are some how messed up.
  8. SonOfZeus New Member

So you posting ABSOLUTELY NOTHING constructive and acting like i belittled someone just to start an argument that has nothing to do with the topic makes you what exactly? Oh yea, a troll.
  9. Wayylon Augur

A locked server at PoP, I think it will happen at some point. It would be cool if they left in Berserkers and current race/class combos though, cause more choices is more betterer.
  10. Nolrog Augur

So locked at PoP only not locked.
  11. Warlorf Augur

Man im really looking forward to PoP and experiencing the flagging again. Miss that xpac a ton
  12. Wayylon Augur

No... locked at PoP, the second part was just what I personally think would be cool.
  13. Tarrin Augur

Its hard to take someone serious and post a constructive reply..when the person in question does nothing but start belittling everyone who might possibly disagree with him.

Stop pretending like you have any high ground in this.
  14. SonOfZeus New Member

You might want to take a step back dude. Look at how pretentious you sound. No one belittled anyone except for maybe you as of right now. No one has to agree with me and nowhere in the topic does it say that anyone has to. If anything, you're the one with the problem of having a difference of opinion with.

And i do have the high ground here over you because i am not the one initiating a pointless argument because you don't agree with my opinion.
  15. SonOfZeus New Member

As long as they take away the Port Stones and Bazaar, then i think i would want the extra content. But i would not want it at the expense of ruining the social interaction that comes with face to face trading and unique class abilities that the public seeks.
  16. Tarrin Augur

Well I like the bazaar over commonlands. And you already called me anti social about it. I started in old EQ as well.
  17. Warlorf Augur

I want PoP the way its meant to be not filtered
  18. Fiyero Augur

No, Berserkers should have never been added in the first place.
  19. LittleBrumski Augur

Can't get the bazaar soon enough, imo. That "face-to-face" you enjoy is a pita that a lot of people don't want to deal with. Bring on the 800 offline traders selling everything under the sun for competitive prices.
  20. SonOfZeus New Member

But the social interaction keeps the game more alive rather than just join to a NPC to buy everything. bartering and trading. And please don't tell me you like the Port Stones in PoP?