Dev's, please do not go beyond Luclin Expansion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SonOfZeus, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Tarrin Augur

Why would they ever allow a lock when there is already a mechanic in place that allows the server to stay at luclin or continue on based on what the majority of the server wants?
  2. Katmandu26 Augur

Exactly. Why lock it when the server decides what it wants? It makes no sense.
  3. Sheaffer Augur

Now that it's tuned, GoD is actually pretty good. I think it just still has a bad taste in people's mouth from when it came out. If people gave it a chance again I think theyd really like it
    Vaclav likes this.
  4. Steampunk Augur

My personal opinion, for what it's worth, agrees with locking at Luclin. However, according to the server rules it needs to be put to a vote at the appropriate time and that will decide what is done. If DBG opened a server that was to be locked at Luclin, I would be there in a heartbeat.
    SonOfZeus likes this.
  5. Rhoulicas Augur

Lol OP.

PoP was my favorite!
  6. Porygon Augur

GoD is by far my favorite expansion. Even when it first came out, yes it was ridiculously hard. But a little difficulty never killed anyone.
    Vaclav likes this.
  7. Ishbu Augur

Just to correct something in this thread, GoD came out well ahead of WoW/EQ2. Omens of War actually came out before WoW, but only by about a month as irc
  8. Vaclav Augur

Not really. Beta became wide enough for both that basically anyone could get into either a few months into GoD. For technical release day, sure - but MMOs and betas go hand in hand these days.
  9. Nolrog Augur

You don't. You speak for you and only you. Don't be presumptive and think your comment outweighs everyone that voted. A server locked at an expansion lost the vote. It lost badly. You coming on the forums proclaiming yourself to be speaker of the community doesn't change that fact.
    Nickatropolis and Malambus like this.
  10. Willy Willers Lorekeeper

You don't speak for as many as you think, and certainly not for me.
  11. Numiko Augur

personally I always thought Luclin sucked as one of the worse expansions.

mostly because of the poor launch (probably the worse of any EQ expansion) and the fact it was half done at launch and never finished (hello all those unused zone lines!)
  12. Thomasmgp Elder

the reasons you give are exactly why they SHOULD go beyond Luclin. People havent experienced that content. Also why do you think it was the expansions and simply not burn out? I mean its not like something called Dark Age of Camelot came along at the end of 2001 and then something called World of Warcraft came along a few years later.
  13. Ultrazen Augur

The horrible horrible abomination that was Luclin character models. That expansion should be stricken from EQ, and all code associated with it destroyed. The most game destroying expansion by a long shot. Thank whatever that they still let us use old character models, as it would be a permanent un-install for me if my only choice was luclin models.

I vote to have all traces of the Luclin expansion destroyed.
  14. Aurmoon Augur

Thank you! I'm very sick of people posting their personal opinions and claiming that's the way "everyone" feels. If this is you, I'd like to offer up some reading from a source that is always 100% accurate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False-consensus_effect
  15. Steampunk Augur

You actually prefer those clunky, blocky ugly models? Well, everyone is entitled to an opinion.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  16. Weverley Augur

Old game models looks so different and i didn't see them for so long.So i'm enjoying it atm.I have to agree that after a few years i might change it.
  17. Eliseus Augur

Still waiting for OP to get at least 1 like.
  18. Unique_Moop Augur

man if they'd just open a server starting at planes of power instead of waiting two years to get there you'd finally see that pop+ has some really good content.
    Vaclav likes this.
  19. Nolrog Augur

You don't have to use those character models. You can use the old ones if you like. But why do you have to stop me from using them because you don't like them?

You know, it's funny. If they did even half of the things people on the forums suggested, EQ would have died like 10 years ago.
  20. Vaclav Augur

Indeed, besides Velious - early content really isn't THAT exciting to me.