DEVs - Expansion Date Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sindaiann, May 10, 2018.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

Well, when you say “the exact reason”, I must disagree. It is “a major reason”, but it would be impossible to measure the different reasons for FQ not being....

Ahhhh, ahhhh see what I did there?

Dad-jokes ftw
    Sindaiann and Sancus like this.
  2. Sindaiann Augur

3. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Personally I was hoping the December launch was a midpoint, easing us towards a January launch, which I have to think that almost all players would prefer.
  4. Cicelee Augur

I would think that the only issue with a January release would be a December beta. As in, the reasons why people would not log into live EQ in December gets multiplied into beta EQ in December.

On live when an expansion begins in December, you are playing your character and making progress and getting gear and spells and levels and AA. Even though it is December, you make a point to log in and progress.

A December Beta means you are not progressing, just testing. Which is important of course for the overall game, but not necessarily for your specific character. And all the stuff you do get on beta does not transfer to live. Which means in a busy December, with lots of other real life things going on, you may be less inclined to "test and lose" than "progress and keep".

I say all of this with no horse in the race. I beta when I can, I play live when I can. When the expansion is released, it is released and I will play. I understand both sides of the argument, just keep in mind a November beta is different than a December Beta.

Unless they decide to do a 2-3 month beta. That changes a lot...
  5. Tegila Augur

Ill always say early october is best time for expac. September too close to summer and school prep for final tweaks and beta etc to be comfortable not to mnetion consumer finances, november and december are easier for beta and final tweaos plus gives something to give as presents, but postlaunch headaches ensue. January is way worse ..now you want all the beta testing and tuning etc to happen during the time you say is the worst?? That's silly. Time constraints with a launch before Xmas are selfimposed, a launch right after xmas requires long testing and work hours during those same weeks, but with not opt out option. Feb through June are busy enough with events already, and july/Aug are both too early in year for not rushing (and too late if talking 2020 instead) and a tougher time to get testing done, plus the tuning and testing etc would be going on during aforementioned special events (ie hardcore heritage) early october is perfect.