Devs, a lil help or input plz *Rangers*

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Avory, Jan 26, 2018.

1. ShadowMan Augur

I don't know either of them. TBH brogh is as bad as BB in most cases but that doesn't make him wrong about your whaaaaaaaaaaa rant thats been going on since beta. Rangers never should have been top 10 no matter how good you were so get used to the actual norm. You had it much better than you should have regarding dps for awhile but its been addressed. Its honestly like listening to some druids justify their current dps levels or shaman like a year ago.

Rangers are an extremely powerful class and have a ton of versatility. If that stuff doesn't matter and its only the dps concerns you have then play an actual dps class.
    Belexes likes this.
  2. Belexes ForumQuester

I am not trying to save anyone. I also am not a noob. I started a ranger back in '99 and it was my main for a long time. Yes, I know that doesn't mean I am any good and No, I am not an elite raider. I don't always agree with Brohg on posts. I don't care if someone is in my guild or not. I will say what I think. I am not afraid to offer dissenting opinions or view to anyone. I could care less who you are whether you are my guildmate or my wife. I call it the way I see it. Pisses my wife off to no end. :)

I just think it is hilarious that you have been crying about rangers so hard for the last couple of months. You are like a broken record with this stuff. Put something out there that supports your claims. Crying constantly isn't going to get anything done. Back it up!

Hell, if I got my ranger up to the level, gear and AA count you have and could raid him, I would gladly post my parse and my findings with mana use on any raid you want that we can beat. Yes, we go through mana pretty fast, but to hear you whine about it constantly is getting old. You make it sound like it is worse than it probably is. I would gladly do this kind of experiment just to post it for all to see.

I main a rogue. They go through the yellow mana pretty damn fast and are very limited on regaining that in RoS raids, but I am not on some whining crusade posting over and over about it and refusing to show something to back up that what you are stating isn't merely personal opinion.

No, our guild isn't filled with elite dps and no one has ever claimed it. I am not gonna get too butt hurt about you pointing that out. I am not too worried about being first. I just want to finish. Maybe others in my guild don't have that view, but I don't care.
  3. Avory Augur

Oh, make no mistake you guys are noobs lol. None of you even main a ranger yet you have all the leet infoz on how it should be done, that's the definition of a newb guys hahah~

me and mostly raider rangers have commented on the issues with our class since beta, you and non rangers have trolled...

Active Raiding Rangers opinions > Noobs that think everything is great for Rangers because they don't main the class, and their Rangers (some of them lol) top their guilds parse... and oddly they get stuck in lower tiers of raiding because DPS is an issue...

The main issue is not casual grouping rangers, it's RAIDING RANGERS. When some DPS classes literally do 2x the damage as Rangers that's an issue.

None of you newbz raid a ranger so as you can clearly see the main issues is there is a discont with raiding rangers opinions vs non raiding rangers opinions and then a the third wheel you guys, the non maining, non Ranger raiding newbz demanding others feel what, stupid because you disagree with them?

lolz.
  4. Cicelee Augur

The raid rangers I speak to in my guild and on my server do not share the anger and disappointment in the ranger class that you do, outside of wanting some mana regen boosts.

Not everyone can be in first. So you are always going to have some players from the remaining classes who are unhappy with where they sit parse wise within their guild. Most just kind of accept things as is, knowing that not everyone can be first.

I think it comes down to a player being happy or angry. Majority that I talk to in game and on raids are happy. And these are rangers in a "competitive guild". Having said that I wish you luck on your quest to improve the class. Hopefully you will eventually find happiness where you are at, instead of what you wish to be.

O by the way, this might be grumpy old man speaking... but am I the only one who sees plz and just sighs and shakes his head in sadness and disappointment?
    Dewhead, Belexes and Maedhros like this.
  5. Avory Augur

Just to clarify...

In this the Raiding Rangers 100% agree there is an issue.

In this thread non maining, non raiding Rangers agree that all the raiding Rangers don't know what they are talking about.

This of course does not include Derka the grouping ranger who is willing to listen to Raiding rangers and agrees there is a pretty decent mana issue for our class.

So rangers all agree so far.

All non Rangers disagree so far.
  6. Avory Augur

sound out these letters one at a time then put them together: p - l - z.

sound out these letters one at a time then put them together: p - l - e - a - s - e

The first e makes the P a Pee, the last e makes the a an Aee.
    The first e is pronouced Eee despite it should be a "eh" sound... or silent, like the last e....

Basically, English is a moroninc language that breaks it's rules more than it follows them (studies prove that).

So, "O" no i don't really care =D
  7. ShadowMan Augur

I see one whiny newb in this thread. Hint: its the OP.

No one has an issue with lobbying for some mana adjustments. People have issues with you downplaying everything the class has and its power in an attempt to suddenly be right with rogues, berserkers, wizards and necros in sustained raid settings. Just because for a few broken times you were and now you have it in your head a rangers place is everything they currently have AND top 10 dps burst and sustained.

You and this guy sound exactly the same to everyone else with a brain:
    Belexes likes this.
  8. Avory Augur

Oh I said all that? Hey grab me some quotes... you shouldn't have to leave the thread to find them *if* they exsist.

When you fail to do so, and you will... feel free to move the goal post again.
  9. Belexes ForumQuester

So playing a ranger for the first 15 years of this game makes me a newb? So I haven't raided that much with him, but I have raided with him.

I am only telling you that the way you are going about it wrong, whining and complaining won't get it done. Show some real data that supports where you think Rangers should be.

If all you got is calling us newbs, then you really don't have a legitimate gripe. If you feel bad at where you are parsing, kick some casters and some of those other high dps classes out of your raids, so you feel better at your parse position.

Complaining about how you are not where you think you should be parsing is not a real issue, unless you are not maximizing your potential.

Just because you don't like where are parsing doesn't mean there is anything badly broken with the ranger class.
  10. ShadowMan Augur

One doesn't have to look very hard, here are some juicy tidbits from your OP that clearly show your actual intent in all of this since beta. You want to be top 10 in raid sustained regardless of how many other actual dps classes are present.

With everything your class has going for it and since Triton carries 3 necromancers, 2 zerkers, 4 rogues and 4 wizards according to your roster that means you should never have placed 10th unless someone died, unless as we said you think you should be hanging with these classes. And in RoS your 2 mages and 4 druids should have bumped any ranger to not cracking into the top 17 unless they died or were busy elsewhere. Its clear as day you expect to be parsing with these classes despite everything else a ranger has to offer that you keep downplaying.

This is like debating with Brohg at this point. Your mindset about the class is based on broken time periods, you are not meant to be competitive with those classes.
    Belexes likes this.
  11. Avory Augur

Yes, in fact believe it or not, using like, incredibly basic levels of logic... you playing for the first 15 years of a class means you could very possibly know almost nothing about the class now... Rangers are the most evolving class in eq, going from near 0% DPS from spells to the majority of their DPS coming from spells. Going from non DPS to DPS to non DPS to DPS roles. Shifting from Archery doing no meaningful DPS to becoming the only way A ranger should DPS back to melee DPS and back to Archery DPS. Rangers went from in no way being a ADPS to now our main role on raids is a ADPS.

So yes, you clearly have fallin out of touch with the higher end raiding version of the Ranger class. Rangers were a Archery DPS class for the last 2 years, thats over 700 days... suddenly we became lower than bards/shaman/druids/enchanters on raids.

I see you like to call people a whiner for owning the $h*t out of you, must make you feel like your lack of understanding what the Ranger class is now, is just as good as those that actual play it.
  12. Avory Augur

You're quotes don't even prove what you claimed I said.

I said Rangers were shifted from 8-9th to 4th... A 10 would be top tier and I didn't even suggest rangers should be 8th 9th or 10th, just that it was a dramatic nerf...

Next you quote me saying rangers only made top 10 3x since RoS... yeah, last raid a very solid DPSer DIED mid fight and was REZZED and still beat all 4 rangers...

My quick fix idea has 100% zero to do with your claims that I suggested Rangers should be tied with Wizzys/Rogues/Zerkers.

It's like you guys don't even try to read what's so clearly in front of you. No wonder you think I'm a whiner, oh and all the other raiding rangers that have posted and agreed with me so far... Easier for you newbz to attack a single person than a group.
  13. ShadowMan Augur

Keep moving them goal posts.

Mana concerns are shared by many classes and I am sure many rangers agree with you in that regard. And I am sure many rangers would love to maintain what they have and get all that dps power back, who wouldn't? My comments relate to this thread but are not limited to just it and are based on your posts and threads spanning the past few months. You can shift, twist and frame stuff any way you want now but its clear as day your overall agenda is to once again parse in the top 10 regularly in just about any raid setting. You have it in your head that rangers jobs are to parse with necromancers, wizards, rogues and berserkers in raids. Mana concerns being one way to attack that goal. Boosting your melee or archery with your "quick fix" another. Restoring your 4 minute or whatever it was disc was the first attempt on beta.

Without any context I'm speculating but if a fight is 600 or 1000 seconds long then yes even if they died once a dps class would still beat all the rangers in the raid in a total parse, thats how it should be. If your not happy with that than give up all the stuff you downplay and play a dps class.
    Belexes likes this.
  14. Avory Augur

I feel like I'm talking to children, like very young child like kiddies. I said people are moving the goal post and showed how... Now you repeat me and just go off on nothing lol. You guys are now air quoting each others straw men haha.
  15. Belexes ForumQuester

Easy Heather, take your meds.

The only thing you own is bad case of narcissism.

We get it, you are the king of rangers. No one could match your wisdom and prowess with the ranger class. You know all the deep dark secrets on how to raid a ranger. Maybe if Heather played a ranger, you would meet your match.

Where are all these raid rangers agreeing with you? I see some from your guild and Randragon. I don't see any others.

Maybe they only consult with you, the master and the rest of us wallow in our ignorance.

Your nerd anguish is very funny. I actually hope you keep yapping. It is entertaining to see someone like you post. You could be related to Milliana and Heather. Maybe you are all sisters.

Oh, I do play my ranger at the end game level. So yes, I know what they are capable of.
  16. Fintank Augur

Hi Friends!
    Turoq, Belexes and Tucoh like this.
  17. Avory Augur

It's clear I fed the trolls, it's true... Now look at them, bloated and repeating the same tired insults while adding nothing...

Where are all the Rangers agreeing with me the troll asks, well, as far as the thread goes, like you mentioned every single one of them that has posted... It's only the non rangers that have disagreed, like... well like you =). Good news, towards the end of the xpac you will start playing your rangers again, and maybe then you will understand what this thread was all about. Until you main a Ranger enough to raid it looks like you will continue to believe you know more than actual raiding rangers.

I love that you play your alt Ranger "end game" when you don't even play a main that's "end game" lol.

Are you sure when you said narcissism, you weren't talking about yourself? Just sayin, you literally named all the Raiding rangers that have posted in the thread and said they/we are wrong and you and all the non Raiding no maining Rangers are right. I mean, you gotta suffer from a legendary ego right there.

Oh btw, why you so angry brah!... lol

Take note devs, if you read this. People that play the ranger on a Raiding level at least can agree on problems with the class while people that don't play the Ranger agree the Ranger class is still almost OP.

=)
  18. Schadenfreude Augur

To be fair I learned some valuable tips from this thread like swapping out my garbage Cliff Stone for a level 75 caster focused power source.
  19. Belexes ForumQuester

Oh, I am not angry, I am laughing at you.

I didn't say anyone is wrong, I said you having an issue where you parse doesn't mean the class doesn't suck as bad as you are trying to make it seem.

I agreed there are some mana issues, but just because you were rocking parses in EoK, doesn't mean rangers are suck and have major issues in RoS like you are making it seem.

You are showing your stripes by being so defensive and instead replying with anything that supports your severe downplaying of the class, juvenile reactions are what we get.

If calling us newbs makes you think you got over on us, then the joke is on you.

So playing a ranger in the latest expansion isn't endgame? I understand you are an eliteist raider, and end game to you means raiding T3 RoS, but that would be end game RAIDING. :)

Quit falsely downplaying the class and focus on the mana issue. That is your best bet to improve the class.

Find I place I have stated I know more about a ranger than anyone. Quit putting words in people's mouths. You are so defensive in your replies that you allow yourself to spew false crap.
  20. Radamus Journeyman

I am an end game raiding ranger. I have issues and so does my class =). Am I optimistic that the devs care enough to bother with our class? Nope. I'll just continue to deal with what we are dealt and wait for Pantheon to release the ranger class so that I can try it out in the next pre-alpha testing phase. Oh, I tanked an orc pawn once.
    Thraine likes this.