DBG has suspended Overrated guild members for not complying with a player-made rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Voide, Sep 4, 2015.

1. krisys Elder

Reading Croak's responses is like reading a funny book, laughter just keeps coming and coming and coming. Dude get over it, you want in posky, form a guild with your "guildless" buddies and get into rotation. If there wasn't a rotation you honestly think some of the newer guilds on rotation would see content now? Quit crying, man up and do something, what you are constantly doing is just making yourself look like a kid crying about how something isn't going his way. How come you don't cry about faceless locking down efreeti djarn majority of the time? I mean heck his camp effects the server. Everyone wants GEBS and Djarn rings, wheres the crying for that? Overrated can be happy they even got a mediation between guilds, MM got suspended without one. If you don't like it, why are you still even on a TLP? Oh wait lemme guess because it's your money and you can do whatever you want to with it right? You're choosing to abide by DBG's rules, regardless if rotation is enforced by players as mentioned before because DBG has given them "some" power to manage the server. Now being that it's really even power because guilds cant up and suspend other guilds, it still has to go through DBG. This "casuals" crap is so stupid, you want to be a casual, want to see raid content but don't want to put in the effort to do it. Get over yourself bud, your argument is getting lame.
    Simone likes this.
  2. Gremin Augur

You can be added to the rotation if you follow the rules of the rotation that has been approved by Daybreak. If you where to try and sue them you would get laughed out of court.
    Elricvonclief, Indrigoth and Simone like this.
  3. Machen New Member

No, real mediation does NOT require being able to put something on the table. If it did, then every time a guild, group or individual wanted something more out of the rotation, they could intentionally violate the rotation to force a new compromise that gives them something more. What you are suggesting would make rotations meaningless.

Sometimes mediation can and should consist simply of a neutral 3rd party insisting that what is in place be followed, or consequences will result. As happened in this case.
    Simone likes this.
  4. shadowgod Augur

Show me anything in the EULA allowing them to restrict access to content to certain people only. You can't find it because it does not exist. If you pay $15 and I pay $15 they have to give both of us an equal opportunity to that content we both paid for the same product.
  5. krisys Elder

no you pay 15 bucks a month to play by DBG rules bro and rotations are their rules now get over it
  6. Aekold Augur

Find and quote me the portion of the EULA where you are entitled to anything more than the ability to install the game and connect to a play server. Oh wait, that doesn't exist.

Whats it like, living in your entitled fantasy world?
  7. Machen New Member

Access to certain content has been restricted to only certain people since the very start of the game.

Want to get to certain parts of befallen? Not unless you have a rogue in your group or first camp a key.

Want to get to Veeshan's Peak? Not unless you successfully kill Trakanon, who even in 2000 wasn't up most of the time for people to stroll in any time they wanted.

Want to kill rotation mobs today? Not unless you kill the gatekeepers and join the rotation, per daybreak.

These things are fundamentally no different, except that there is now a slightly greater need for interaction with the community than there was in 2000. (Although in 2000, you still couldn't demand that it was your right to enter Veeshan's Peak whenever you wanted as a customer who had purchased the content, so people better get out of your way and let you kill Trakanon whenever was convenient for you.)
  8. shadowgod Augur

Its called consumer protection laws. The second they take your money they cannot discriminate against you for any reason. Allowing access to content for some and not others when they all bought the same product is illegal.
  9. shadowgod Augur

None of that is the same thing. Everyone can make a rogue and everyone can find a guild to help them kill trak. Telling people hey only these guys can kill trak so you will never be able to have access to that content is what they're doing. Having a raid mob perma camped by players is not the same thing as daybreak endorsing the denial of access to content.

Once again show me anything in the EULA allowing them to deny access to content based on a rule you NEVER agree to when the game starts.
  10. Machen New Member

Everyone can make a guild to kill gatekeeper mobs and join the rotation. It is the same thing.
    lockjaws, Simone and krisys like this.
  11. krisys Elder

oh wait u can find a rotation guild and get into rotation! isnt that great!
    lockjaws and Simone like this.
  12. Gremin Augur

No one is telling folks they cant join a guild, get onto the rotation and do these mobs. There is a way to do the content but folks are "choosing" not to do so.

This rotation content was created for the sole purpose of a raid doing them.
  13. Aekold Augur

===
    Daybreak reserves the right to modify the Daybreak Terms of Service, Daybreak Privacy Policy and/or Daybreak End User License Agreement in whole or in part, from time to time at its sole and absolute discretion
    ===
    7.1. While playing or otherwise using the Daybreak Games, you agree not to:
    • Violate the game-specific rules of conduct posted in the Daybreak Knowledge Base and/or on the game forums
    ===And, most importantly:
    IN NO EVENT WILL DAYBREAK AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “DAYBREAK ENTITIES”), BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY DAYBREAK GAME(S).

Food for thought there, basement lawyer. Pretty sure that use or inability to use clause might cause some problems for your class-action crusade.
  14. Machen New Member

So you have equal access but you just don't prefer the means whereby it is granted. It's ok, I didn't like camping the veeshan's peak key pieces either.
    Simone likes this.
  15. Kattahn Elder

[IMG]
  16. shadowgod Augur

I see you misunderstand what that clause even means.

7.1 is more valid except you can't prove someone reads the game forums and knows about the rotation because only a fraction of players ever come here and they know that.

In a court of law they would be required to prove each person knew about the rotation and still broke the rule. They cant do that.

Let's be honest no one here is going to sue no one here can afford to do it. However banning people for breaking a rule they knew nothing about is wrong. The correct action would be to warn them and inform them of the rule and if they do it again its on them.
  17. Elricvonclief Augur

The rest of the servers wish a midget would run up and punch anyone who does bad on the TLP servers in the balls, but that's wishful thinking.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  18. Cerevent Crimsonstar New Member

I can see this in a court of law. Your honor, I agreed to follow the laws of the United States, but I didn't bother to read them, so you cannot hold them against me.

Ignorantia juris non excusat

19. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I guess we've all known that eventually a guild really would test the rules, like for real test the rules, and Daybreak would lay down a suspension and stick to it. I've been worried that it would be a legitimate guild and, while justly administered, would be a morale blow to the server(s). Looks like <Overrated> has solved this problem nice and easy for us.
  20. Seiffil Lorekeeper

Except they don't have to prove in the court of law that you read the forums. At best, if you could prove they denied you access to the forums and prevented you from being able to read about the rotation. However, you know that is not the situation, choosing to not check the forums, when they state in their EULA you agree to follow game specific rules conduct in the knowledge base and/or on the game forums. They provide access to those rules, its up to the players to go out and read them. It is not up to Daybreak to make sure you've read the rules before they can hold you accountable for breaking the rules.
    Mayfaire, Indrigoth and Kattahn like this.