DBG has suspended Overrated guild members for not complying with a player-made rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Voide, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Croak Augur

The guy obviously didn't understand what mediation is, or what benefit it would gain him.

You didn't even take the trouble to mention there might be some time allocated for non-rotation players. Were you embarrassed that that still might be weeks away and only a paltry 1 day every 2 weeks?

I most assuredly don't represent all voices, but the tells I receive even from many members of rotation guilds confirm I represent quite a few.

Sure... so you had a vested interest in Zhu's suspension too - do me a favor and tell Squidgod how much money I am really losing with my unilateral action - I am sure it will make him happy.
  2. Kattahn Elder

Gremin, I been trying to buy an inno idol all day. Can you hook me up?
  3. Marthisdil Augur

4. Sinnresa New Member

I'll agree the mediation process could have been more thorough but I also don't blame Gremin for not doing so. The guild leader of Overrated was very clearly not interested in mediating. That ruins good faith on his part.
    lockjaws and Simone like this.
  5. Gremin Augur

I did not mention anything about future possible changes to the rotation because its just that....possible. Then people can hold something against me because I said it. This merry go round can just keep going round and round. My mediation was accepted as acceptable by the GMs. That is all that matters.

And who is Zhu? I know you and theking as sellers of idols. You can stop trying to make me out to be the bad guy.

If you need idols folks catch me on Gremin.
    Simone likes this.
  6. Croak Augur

He was also not told that the whole of his guild would be suspended, even those currently offline.

7. Croak Augur

Zhu = Zhutuak = Camgar

So really you were like a policeman with a huge baton and a firing squad of police with rubber bullets at a occupying protest strike with a a will to use force.

There was no mediation
  8. Lejaun Augur

I may of purchased a few of them from you myself. LMAO. That stunt didn't really work well. It only encouraged people to raise their tradeskills and cash in. People were pretty content to let him in the past to let him do most of the idol selling until his "banning rotation guilds from buying idols stand."
    Simone likes this.
  9. Aekold Augur

There was no mediation because mediation requires effort from both parties. At the point that the leadership of Overrated were told that they were in violation of the rotation and they declined to stop killing in Sky, the time/place/purpose for mediation has passed.

In order to take part in a mediation of the rule, you inherently cannot be in the process of continuing to violate a rule that you are aware of. Had Overrated stopped pulling, sat down and agreed to chat with Gremin about how to adhere to the rotation while still having access to the content then that would have constituted a situation where mediation would be appropriate.

The members and leaders of Overrated knowingly violated a rule, and when asked to cease violating that rule claimed that they would continue to do as they please because the rule didn't apply to them. Looks like they were wrong. rip in pizza, kiddos.
    Simone and complexication like this.
  10. Lejaun Augur

That picture would be better if all the people in the balcony were actually mage water pets.
    Elricvonclief, Fallfyres and Alekyne like this.
  11. Croak Augur

Gremin could make the harder idols before I even started but people bought from me because I typically always have stock of all idols (other than Mith Marr) and both me and theking had much better prices.

I honestly don't care if other people make money as well from tradeskills - I haven't made Wus for 6 weeks, I hardly even attempt to sell fleeting quivers, but I have morals and making a profit from Zhu's suspension, even if I don't agree with what he was doing would be wrong.

I don't agree that what < Overrated > members were doing is right either, but mediation can't be skipped.
  12. Gloom Journeyman

Mediation wasn't skipped, according to the council of players in the leadership channel, or by the GM's that suspended them.

It was only skipped off of your terms, because it wasn't someone you personally approved of to do the mediation.
    Simone likes this.
  13. Gremin Augur

I dont actively sell idols in auction. I upped my pottery to 257 for the benefit of my guild so they could get idols cheaper. However, if I get tells asking for one I will make it for folks. Yes, even the unguilded folks.
    Simone likes this.
  14. Gloom Journeyman

Gremin, are you saying you don't discriminate against a huge number of players in this game, based on their guild affiliations? Say it aint so.
    Simone likes this.
  15. Aekold Augur

You know, when your caught breaking the law... you have to be stopped from continuing to break the law! After you've been stopped from breaking the law (either by arrest or injunction/court order) there is a trial to determine if you are guilty.

It's pretty laughable to see Croak crying his eyes out that there wasn't some sort of trial held to determine guilt for them while they were currently violating the rules. They were informed of their violation, and rather than stop and discuss it they continued to violate the rules. DBG took the appropriate steps to stop them from continuing to violate the rules. That's how things work, except in Croak's delusional martyr-land.
    Simone likes this.
  16. Kattahn Elder

But clearly he is not an objective party, but croak is. obviously.
  17. Kattahn Elder

voide and croak IRL
    Orienn, TL_KRONOLORD and Alekyne like this.
  18. shadowgod Augur

Sue them. You're paying the same as everyone else to play this game and they're denying you an equal opportunity to the same content others are allowed access to. For them to try and enforce a rotation that only a fraction of the players could of possibly agreed to is absurd there is nothing in the EULA allowing them to do this since you were not told of the rotation and did not accept this rule before playing.

Ask yourself this people. How can you punish someone for breaking a rule when you never told them about the rule and your User Agreement never states this rule ?

For the record the second they take your money to play on this server they cannot tell someone you can't kill this mob but others can. They have to give everyone an equal opportunity at that content. Ask to be added to the rotation if they will not comply sue them you're being treated unfairly as a consumer.
  19. chris_the_mage Augur

holy i good chortle out of this. ty for the laughs
    Elricvonclief and Gloom like this.
  20. shadowgod Augur

All of you pretend lawyers need to look up the law and the protection it provides you the second a company takes your money for a product.