DBG afraid to compete with P99?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dmccollum, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Stagentti Augur

It is the same thing, dude.

DBG doesn't release server statistics. Not everyone sits in a chat making it easy to count for even 1 given time. You know that full well and knew it before you asked him about population #'s. I mean I give you credit - it was a nice move. Just don't be upset for being called out.

Thank you for backpedaling, and not quoting, all your assumptions about a majority of p99 players being willing to pay for a server they get for free, as well as the demographics of those players and why they don't play on any current DBG server.

No box and no krono is enough to draw in the 'majority' of p99 folks? They're cool with the updated zones? Cool with loot window? Cool with no corpse runs? Do we need to go on?
  2. Stagentti Augur

As I just said to your other post:

DBG doesn't release server statistics. Not everyone sits in a chat making it easy to count for even 1 given time. You know that full well and knew it before you asked him about population #'s. I mean I give you credit - it was a nice move. Just don't be upset for being called out.

You, in fact, do not know p99 has a higher pop than FV.
  3. Templeton Augur

Nope, again, it is not. You just want it to be.

4. Kbotic New Member

You all realize you're both using (or victims of) argumentum ad ignorantiam, right?
    Tankz likes this.
  5. Stagentti Augur

Oh 100%. I'm just trolling the troll.
    Ceffener and Tankz like this.
  6. Stagentti Augur

Every time you get called out in a post, you drop that part from your reply. It's happened a few times now which I brought it back up even though your reply didn't address it.

You literally just did it again. You quoted basically my entire post except for the part where you got called out about population #'s.
  7. Templeton Augur

yeah, I do agree that further evidence could be gathered for sure and anecdotal is not conclusive or preferred, but, like i said, it is what it is.

All I can do is speak from near a decade of emus and P99 and my personal experience. I wasn't trying to dress it up as anything else :)

except the P99 player pop. Those stats are fact.
  8. Templeton Augur

see, I am not here trolling. So, that makes you the only troll. Self admitted at that.

I am here making a simple point.

The playerbase of P99 is potential revenue that DBG is missing because they refuse to offer the right server model

I am not sure why that is so controversial, tbh
  9. Stagentti Augur

Not controversial, people just don't agree with you and your rationale for why it makes sense for DBG to do it. Rather than a server people are clearly asking for.
  10. Templeton Augur

No, you are not here because you agree or disagree, you are here to troll. You admitted that above.

So, don't lump yourself in with people that are here in good faith.

11. dmccollum Elder

There are a lot of players on P99 that want to play on a Velious locked server but are generally unhappy with how the P99 staff run the server. For example, there's an active poll now on the P99 forums asking if they would like shared bank slots (65% in favor), but the staff will never allow it. There are many things like:

1. forced removal of map
    2. no shared bank slots
    3. forced removal of luclin models
    4. forced raid rotation
    5. minimum lvl 46 for epics
    6. nerfed AOE to 25 mobs
    7. No boxing
    8. Slower xp rates than actual classic EQ

There are actually so many changes from true classic, that it's actually funny they call it classic. There's also the heavy handed admin actions on minor things such as people getting multiple accounts banned because they were trading equipment with their kid that plays and were accused of boxing with zero chance to prove otherwise.

For me, having Kronos is worth not having to deal with the jerk admins on P99. I also actually like some of the other improvements since original classic (no corpse runs, maps, shared banks) while still staying locked to Velious or Luclin.
  12. Stagentti Augur

"people just don't agree with you and your rationale for why it makes sense for DBG to do it"

Answer to a question you asked. Fact.
  13. Templeton Augur

Stagentti "Oh 100%. I'm just trolling"

Dude, your own words.

At this point I am convinced that you are Ceffini on a sock account and just posting because you are upset that you were out debated before and just salty for payback so you have hit your troll account. The name is too similar and the posting style is the same.

Weak dude.

I'm gonna stick this sock account on ignore.
  14. code-zero Augur

FV or BB either one, quite a few more will hit that as well. Now if you want to say that Trak is less that P99 I'd give you that
  15. Stagentti Augur

I made a joke. Relax.

You're getting super argumentative because you made some claims you can't back up after going off on people for doing the same thing. Opinions are fine. You can have yours, others can have theirs.

You've done exactly what you're complaining about to people on multiple other threads. One was about xp rates. Another thread it was about boxing.

It's just hypocritical. And every point I've made at you about population, why people would pay for something they get for free, would p99 people be ok with QoL changes, etc. is legitimate
  16. Kahna Augur

DBG is walking away from a lot of potential money, like all those boxers who have been begging for a not true-box, AOCs server for the past 3 years. That server would take very little effort for DBG to make compared to your P99 style rolled back server. As much as people claim DBG only cares about money, they obviously take other things into consideration as well, and they aren't afraid of letting some demographics remain unfulfilled.

I doubt they worry about "competing" with a server they could have shut down with 5 minutes of their lawyer's time. They have looked at all the numbers and decided that the possible income was not worth the cost of development. Then they went ahead and sanctioned P99, to win brownie points with the community because they had written off the demographic that likes that style of play. If they ever even remotely considered that they might want to chase those customers they never would have played nice with P99. It's a lost cause.
    Owch likes this.
  17. Evade Augur

Disagree. I play on P99 and I hate the fact they have no quality of life things. I'm there because I only enjoyed EQ up to Luclin and quit soon after PoP was released. It's the closest thing to what I remember. I would have played on Agnaar at launch had I been aware of it.
  18. Ceffener Augur

Someone else gets it ;)

Had a meeting for an hour an apparently me and you became the same person. Lol, thanks for making my lunch break more amusing.
  19. Stagentti Augur

Eh it was just a joke because he was arguing with people not in good faith which is why I jumped in, but he ran with it. Is what it is.
  20. Ltldogg Augur

I absolutely would love for DBG to have an exact server like p99 blue. I love p99 blue and all the content up through SoV. After SoV, SOE lost its way and starting to erode the game. DBG should clone p99 and then add new content in the spirit of Classic/RoK/SoV on a special server(s) to differ from other Live Servers. I would play that.