Daybreak - Want new players right now? Ease up F2P restrictions and run some new player promos/packs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alek, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I want to say a year or two ago, Steam would throw EQ and EQ2 at me. I (obviously) don't play EQ through steam. With what's going on in the world atm, Steam, Epic and GoG would be tremendous places to go fishing for new players.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Alek like this.
  2. rtfj121180 Journeyman

F2p members can play on a test server?
  3. code-zero Augur

Yes you can, and you'll show as all access too
    Benito likes this.
  4. rtfj121180 Journeyman

Still limited as far as Merc tiers aa ECT ?
  5. Manafasto Augur

I played hardcore until about GOD or OOW I cannot remember which one I retired on. I did begin to purchase things from the store like the AAs. I have a necro to I believe 75 with almost 2k AA. I also have like 8 accounts because of technology reasons you use to need to make a different account for other games.

Well, I logged in the other day and was in PoK nothing seems to have changed. The graphics look the same since Velious/Luclin. I made games in Unity with better graphics. The engine is horrendous and seriously needs upgraded. I still like EQ because of how the powercurve in the game works. EQ is the closes MMO to a sandbox feel that is not Eve. Well, I am just trying to talk to folks and it is all bots or afkers. You cannot have an MMO if no one is talking... Anywho seen the Darkpaw annoucement and well I believe their first step is to either announce a new MMO with EQs ruleset or seriously revamp the graphics. Please please please consolidate the accounts without charging me. A one time offer for returning players would be great.

I really cannot see me paying 15 bucks a month for EQ as a returning player. The main reason I purchased AAs from the store was they were provided from other games I played. I truly do not want to solo... I picked a Necromancer because I felt it was the only way I could do something.
  6. code-zero Augur

No limits, you're All Access on Test so you can start with a J1
    Benito likes this.
  7. code-zero Augur

Go to Freeport if you think that nothing has changed.....
  8. rtfj121180 Journeyman

How populated are the test servers though?
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

There's around 250-400 on Test Server lately.

You can also ask or pay Live Server players to /testcopy "uber lewts" like Ice Encrusted weapons or items for you.
    rtfj121180 likes this.
  10. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Decently enough populated that youll find people to do stuff with. Not much raiding, but PB does weekly raids in both current and old content and fills with people wanting to learn/do it.

Gearing is stupidly easy with testcopies, I usually keep 5-10 extra sets of 80-110 gear plus powerstones and xp pots for new people, and im not the most stocked by any means. Theres also a few different people who will sell full or partial raid copies for anywhere from 1-6 krono (but the cheapest versions of that are on par with the free sets you can pick up).
  11. Martigan New Member

Not sure if anybody posted this, but WoW just gave all their subs a 100% exp buff that will last until April 20. This buff stacks with heirlooms and War Mode.
  12. Duder Augur

As if they didn't already hold players' hands enough, 100% stacking exp bonus now! Just login to win!
  13. Martigan New Member

At least they didn't do that for WoW Classic.
  14. Zamiam Augur

this is all BS .. F2P can purchase Krono in game with plat .. I know cause ive done it .. also a F2P account can get to max level of 110 (which is the F2P max expansion) easy peasy lemon squeezy .. ok maybe not easy but it is doable ..and can be done without any outside ie PLing ..

and if you want proof .. after anniversary is over i'll create a brand new toon on my silver account and a box toon both brand new and will show you it can be done as well as purchasing a krono in game with the pp i can earn in game will just take time .. but i'll video the progress and keep a journal of it

Actually I will create said F2P toons during anniversary so i can get some of the quest rewards for those toons like the dusty xp bottle and the clicky shrink and clicky gate to pok.. :p will make toons in the next few weeks ..
  15. Duder Augur

If you go through with it it'd be awesome if you made a new thread and chronicled your journey. I'd tune in, would be a lot of fun to keep up with the thread and journey.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Zamiam Augur

P.S. my journey to lvl 110 via F2P accounts and subbing via krono purchased in game from only plat made in game will be posted in the newbie forum so not to clutter veterans lounge ..

I only have this one forum account so will be posting via this account name which says all access , but will be using 2 of my F2P (silver) accounts that ive had for years .. i will be creating those toons in the next few weeks and starting my journey to 110 ..

I will not buy any PL from any player, however I will ask for buffs if available and I will not use any of my max lvl toons to PL myself .. I will use apprentice T5 mercs and if any /claim items or loyalty I have available on those accounts ..

please join me once I start the journal in the newbie section and follow my progress and give me some tips and feedback on this Exciting journey.
    Celephane, Duder and code-zero like this.
  17. Duder Augur

Very cool, looking forward to it. :)
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

TBH if all of the F2P went to the test server they'd get to experience the game as it really should be played & not have to pay a penny, so long as they also take the time to report on any bugs they find the situation would be a massive win win.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. jiri_ Augur

I'm looking forward to it. It's a cool experiment.

That said, world of difference between two-boxing Silver accounts using claimed items and starting fresh with a single, F2P account.
  20. Zamiam Augur

I thought about that , and thats why im gonna be changing it to 2 actual F2P accounts not silver .. I will still have access to any /claim items and loyalty avail to those free to play (green) accounts because i have had them for a few years but they have never been subbed on and never purchased any expansions on them ..

i will also have access to veteran rewards now that DPG made veterans open to everyone :p guess there is a silver lining to that (i was against it at first) guess now its working out to my benefit . also the new Overseer program which im interested in seeing how much xp I can get doing 3 quests a day plus the Daily's ..

I'm choosing to 2 box , because even though it is harder for a single F2P account , since they are FREE why not box another account to help out .. anyone who is choosing to play for free and doesnt want to spend R/L money on the game or cant because of financial reasons can do it with 1 -6 accounts all free so why not do it with multiple accounts to help your main free account out ..

I realize Free accounts dont have much and depending on what class you play it is limited .
    playing a tank class although can still be done would not be my first choice for a f2p account ..
    due to needing massive Aa's and gear/augs .. can still be done but you'll be spending most of your time in 2 or 3 expansions back fighting green and LB mobs majority of the time , Unless you box ..

I have not made my final decision on the toons i'll be playing but im leaning towards either
    Enchater and mage or Enchanter and bst ..Enchanter will be my main focus as my main and the 2nd free toon will just be to help out as needed .. but will see .. sense now that i switched to actual Free 2 play accounts I might have to use a healer ..

so maybe i'll end up choosing a pally mage or pally bst combo .. pally would give me the additional healing needed with using A3 mercs . and mage or bst would be decent DPS and a secondary tank in case pally gets squished :p