Consider admit kronos bazaar + > to 3million platin bazaar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shawess, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Bamkan Augur

This is pretty hypocritical.

You "have no problems getting Krono", yet you want to limit the opportunities of others to obtain Krono and set a fair price for it. I have to ask - Are you ripping off your guildmates by buying their Krono from them cheaply? Is this why you don't want to allow them to sell in the /baz on the open market?

It seems reading this, you consider yourself one of these smart fellows who have no problems making money - interestingly you use this word "money" rather than plat, i think that speaks volumes.

Unlike yourself I actually pay for all my accounts with my own $$, yet I also hold a large amount of Krono. If the /baz cap was lifted, then I could put them on a trader to sell and other people could also put theirs on a trader to then sell below me, and pretty quickly a market rate would actually form.
    Reynen likes this.
  2. Millianna Augur

Go smoke a J and chill out. The devs said this currently couldn't be done so stop being a thread necro.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Millianna Augur

4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Rising plat prices are also the sign of a few individuals who are able to manipulate the krono price by buying them all up and creating a false scarcity. That becomes much of of a pain to do when kronos outgrow the bazaar pricing.

And yeah I agree some players can't keep up with others. Especially when some others use illegal software to make their money.

My opinion will continue to be that leaving the bazaar price limit as it is will be good for the game as a whole. I think that for the overall health of the game we are better leaving things as they are. The only people who might leave EQ because of the bazaar price limits are Real Money Transaction folks from what I can see and that is ok with me.

I think it is silly not to see that anyone using a krono is no longer a free player and it is also silly to see that free players don't actually help keep the game going by increasing the game population. Whether its some fellow boxing with some FTP alts or what not it does have a positive effect on the game. And some FTP peeps use the markerplace too. Daybreak has the server capacity so any money they make off those guys is pure profit.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am defending the ability for others to get krono by speaking out against the greedy ones like yourself who just want to make more and more plat. Oh and I have a policy. I ALWAYS pay guild mates for any krono more then barter and more then whatever the going rate is. That being said I think I have bought a total of 4 or 5 krono from guild mates. So another nice try.

LOL the words I use mean nothing I have never ever sold anything from a game for real cash. So that was a fail on the money thing. And having krono get priced so high many can't buy them in game just means more will try to buy them with RL cash on third party sites which of course the RMT peeps all want. So yeah me wanting to see krono prices in game stay low is all a big plot :)

Actually I use yearly subscriptions for the majority of my accounts. Some have 2 years of time on them. This one over 2 years. I took advantage of the subscription sale. But I do use krono to buy the occasional EoK chase item and to add time to the accounts of all my nephews who play eq (well except for one but that is another story).

You have paid for all your accounts with RL money you say you have a LOT of krono..Why? What are you doing with it all? What do you NEED to get even more plat for the krono? Either you are making a lot of them still or you weren't able to sell them all in the bazaar before the prices went up so high. Sorry I'll take the side of the returning players or the peeps who arent big time money makers over fat cats like you. No offense. Well no more then you intended toward me at least :)

Yes you are such a kind hearted person you only want to put your krono so up so someone can undercut you. Keep putting yours up for 2 million if you have enough you can create a glut on the market and the prices will go down.
  6. Thancra Loladin

It's pretty dumb to think that limiting the bazar prices will keep the prices low. It's just annoying and it's not just about kronos, there are tons of items that can't be sold easily because of this limit. If people have a problem with the price of kronos they can just pay like a lot currently do and if they retire over this? so be it.
    Reynen and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  7. Bamkan Augur

So you are able to lay down 20+mil of EoK chase items, and 15+mil on krono's to use.

And you are calling ME the greedy fat cat? :) Lets add irony onto your list as well as hypocrisy.
    Reynen and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  8. AlmarsGuides Augur

Lol. This is not how economies work. America doesn't have a "Pricing Limit" on our items and yet 95% of items are being sold at a market price available to all consumers.

How did you even reach the conclusion you did with your logic? Literally no real world economy works like how you described?

Here's some starter reading material for you if you'd like to learn a little bit about how economies operate:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microeconomics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macroeconomics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy
    Reynen, Hiladdar and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  9. fransisco Augur

For those who like economics consider drug prices in america. The medical marketplace is like that in norrath. It is not a free market, but instead constrained...

I could post wiki links to things you also have not read, but it won't make a difference. You haven't read any of the links anyways....
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually it has kept krono prices from going higher on my server. *shrugs* And there are NOT tons of items. There are a few items.

I won't give up on this fight just so greedy people can make even more money :) Granted it is all in the hands of Daybreak but none the less I will continue to speak against the greed.
    fransisco likes this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL I get chase item drops I sell them for krono in general I take the krono and buy other chase items. I farm various gear the old fashioned AT THE KEYBOARD way and sell it. I do a little buy low sell high. Having played non stop almost the entirety of EQ existence you can build up a fair bit of plat without being greedy. I have even bought some krono from Daybreak a few times. Yeah that makes me a fat cat. Silly boy.

Unlike you I don't need high bazaar price limits to make money. I don't demand more plat sinks (ie things for rich people to spend their money on)

You said you have a big stack of krono you can't sell now. I see people selling krono all day in General chat on my server. I see them undercut each other and the end result is krono mainly sell at 2.1 million plat same as they have since several months ago when they passed the baz price limit. EoK chase items are easily being bought and sold, kronos are getting bought and sold.

But I don't whine for higher bazaar prices because I can make money in the current system we have. And I realized and take responsibility in knowing that if I decided to make a even more money I won't really have things to spend it on. Well... .I do hand out a lot of stuff via my guild then general chat. That slowed down when tradeskill prices went crazy do to the TS aug.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Using your example:

Intellectual Property laws (patents) keep pharmaceutical drug prices high. IP laws are the opposite of a free marketplace. They exist under the pretense of encouraging invention and innovation (Tesla), but in reality, they serve mainly to ensure that rich people continue to stay rich exploiting other people's inventions (Edison). Once the patents expire, drug prices plummet (generics), because the drugs become open to other manufacturers, allowing for competition (which encourages the "best" and most "fair" prices). Drug prices are high because patent laws give the companies that own the patents a monopoly. I don't really see how this is related to EQ?

I think a few of you believe that the "high" (subjective!) price of kronos in-game is due to "cheaters" or "farmers" or whatever supposed evil you believe in. In reality, the price is set by all the players of EQ. DBG was not being humanitarian when they started selling kronos. They weren't trying to offer poor players a way to play for free. DBG offers kronos because they want to cash in on the "Real Money Transactions" that happen on 3rd-party websites. The difference now is that, without the /baz, those "RMTs" will be done through 3rd-party websites more and more (where people can get a fair price for their $) and less and less through kronos from DBG.
    Reynen likes this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm America doesn't have dragons either. In American people can be out in jail for breaking laws. We don't have laws in EQ we have rules. EQ is a game dude. Respect your guides but this argument is incredibly dumb. America has police. EQ doesn't America has a tax system. EQ Doesn't American has foolish people EQ.... well ok you win on that one.

THIS IS A GAME. This is about keeping the game in balance of some kind. It is not a micro version of real world economics on all levels. Yes sometimes are are similaries but seriously you cannot think you can bring in American doesn't have price limits.

Here's some starter reading material for you if you'd like to learn a little bit about how games operate:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game

Here's some starter reading material for you if you'd like to learn a little bit about what Everquest is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest

If you can find me any Daybreak/SOE material that says Everquest is intended to be a realistic simulation of a real world economy please share the reading material so that I can learn about it.

*sighs* the real world economy argument is always so silly.
  14. Hiladdar Augur

I see two issues here, in game inflation in the price if items, and devaluation of plat. That is application of a free market, with voluntary agreements between the buyer and seller. Some like it, some don't. I'm not going to digress into a philosophical discussion free market vs controlled market.

The second issue is the inability to sell something at a value of greater then 2**31 copper pieces. That is a technical issue, and not an easy fix. Fixing this will may require re-compilation under 64 bit compiler and only running this game under 64 bit systems, massive database changes, code and interface changes, adding new currencies etc. All beyond the scope of what can be done in a monthly patch.

I do agree that something should be done long term to allow selling of items in bazaar / barter at values greater then 2**31 copper pieces.
  15. fransisco Augur

You are completely ignoring the fact that selling kronos has an additional barrier. It takes RL time to sit around and auction them.

If you want to charge ridiculously inflated prices, you will sit around for weeks or longer just spamming in channels.
    If you want to go about your day, you cannot super inflate your prices.

THIS is what players are afraid of, and all the proponents of raising the bazaar cap are intentionally ignoring.
    Quote all the made up BS arguments you like. The baz cap is keeping your marketing prices down - which helps 99.9% of the game, and only hurts those who do this for real money - which only hurts the rest of the game more.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

When people start trying to justify EQ price limits by there not being any in the real world they have already gone off the deep end. Once you bring in real world economics we could go on all day with various things supporting price limits and those not supporting them but none of it matters because EQ was never intended to be a realistic simulation of the real world economy. Almar is picking and choosing his facts.

They probably don't drive a car either because I am pretty sure OPEC meets to fix oil production limits and therefore price limits on barrels of oil.
    fransisco likes this.
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

And then in your next post, you go on and on about how you have gotten wealthy without needing to be greedy or cheat. So why is it so hard to believe that other people can also be wealthy without being greedy or cheating?

And why is it so hard to see that fixing the price of kronos has nothing to do with greed or wealth, but with fairness to consumers on both sides of the transaction?
    Reynen likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The other people want the baz prices raised so they can become every wealthier and I don't want any changes that are going to raise prices for people who have no money. Plus I am pretty sure there are many far more wealthier then me.

All I have said is I have been able to make enough kronos to either keep a couple accounts going OR to save them up to buy a few EoK rares. So not sure I went on about getting wealthy. I don't complain about having a big stack of kronos I can't sell for more then 2 million plat without having to do it in General chat. *shrugs*
  19. Jalelorf Augur

I tried reading this thread but the OP made my head hurt. What is a "platin"? I thought it was supposed to be "plat in" and simply didn't hit the space bar. It turns out he keeps typing "platin" which just makes it worse. Is the OP's native language something other than English?
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

That title kept me away from this thread for the longest time (and it's kind of a tired subject). But then I saw Corwyhn kept posting here and I couldn't help myself :)