Coirnav overrun by afk scripters

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by immaculate, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Spayce Augur

Those krono originate from someone paying DBG cash. Folks are buying these krono from DBG specifically to trade to botters for in game items or plat.

Surely this concept is not hard to understand.

Regardless, claiming the server is "overrun by afk scripters" is pure nonsense.
  2. Funnything Journeyman

Look I just cant with this quote, I guess you got me, I was lying. Everyone had that version, it was a public release on r e d gui des that got abused, but it wasnt available day 1.

nonetheless you dont even need M Q anymore, did you see the bot program another guy made? e v e r q u e s t b o t . com does broadcasting, warping, afk scripiting and the only thing stopping you or anyone from getting it - is paying for it. you guys all assume everything M Q but it doesnt have to be. The root of the problem is the virtual machines arent being enforced.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Folks are buying these krono from DBG specifically to trade to botters for in game items or plat.

FTFY. It's a very important difference.
  4. Brunlin Augur

And so will the botters!!! This is happening in every mmorpg to one scale or another but its being done. Botters were big in Archage, just noticed some in ESO, though in ESO it seems to be 1 or two toons keeping it on the low, its everywhere in Maple Story 2, and I dont doubt its in WOW. I havent played EQ since Kunark dropped on Coirnav, so i am sad to hear that its happening here to
  5. Lankie Augur

Doesn't everyone understand, there's 1 server where m q is not allowed. It's perfectly ok to use on all other servers.

You can automate a 52 man raid as much as you like. The ONLY requirement is that you are near the keyboard to respond to tells, that's it.

I seriously doubt these raids are totally afk and no one is watching.
  6. Funnything Journeyman

Last I chcked honorbuddy closed shop cause blizzard was using warden to look into processes and ban people, they claimed it shouldnt be legal but that was the only way it was being detected and thus their lawsuit was pointless and they shut down. Haven't farmed wow in a long time but to my knowledge that was the main farming bot, and its gone. WOW also monitored statistics.. time online, nodes farmed per hour, auction house sales, mailbox spam, large gold transfers etc.

im sure theres some private bot out there but they still watch statistics and youd have to be careful.. classic wow will be interesting. I remember classic wow it cost 200 bucks to buy 1k gold for your epic mount. and what week long battleground sessions.. no thanks lol
    Brunlin likes this.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Blizzard has been very good about doing ban waves against botters and WoW is much different in design and botters don't really get in your because of it. Like there is never gonna be a lack of mobs to XP on because of botters, there is never gonna point when you have a group of 6 max level toons sitting on a named mob in your level 40 xp camp, you're never gonna get trained by an AE PLing boxer. It's just not the same
    Brunlin likes this.
  8. Funnything Journeyman

ESO bots were obvious, people were always posting videos of a group of bots following one lead character in a waypoint pattern slaughtering mobs. Very very obvious.

And yeah wow's higher level zones are contested so you can just kill bots. but they allow I S boxer right? you might see a guy running around with 6 shamans or 6 paladins. thats gonna be interesting!
  9. RandomStrategy Augur

I love how the "prison server" is supposed to be Agnarr....but Coirnav is the server full of all the things that ruin the fun.
    Xhartor likes this.
  10. FIsh Lips Augur

The real problem here is only that they are locking up areas from other players. If players could spawn picks on demand, this woudln't really be an issue...it'd be a curiosity, like old faithful, or two party politics.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

I count Phinny, Agnarr, Coirnav. What am I missing?

"Perfectly OK" is a stretch.
  12. Boxer003 New Member

I don’t dispute the fact that people use third party software to automate unattended gameplay on the truebox servers.
    BUT I can tell you I’m 100% sure it’s not m q 2 so stop spreading that BS. (Not going to name the software that they DO use, but someone actually mentioned the real name a few posts above...)

Don’t beleive me? You don’t have to, it’s easy to prove for yourself, download a copy and try to log in to ANY of the true biz servers, you WILL crash before you get to server select.

I personally put code in it specifically to PREVENT it from being used on ALL truebox servers.
    Now there will be posts below this one from idiots claiming there are some kind of “hacked” versions or “bypassed” or whatever, don’t believe it. Challenge them to pm you a link to such a version, it will NEVER happen, cause they do not exist.
    /Eqmule.
    Gremin, Nessirfiti, Accipiter and 2 others like this.
  13. Aegir Augur

Man that program you discretely linked to, Funnything.

If Devs doesn't take action, the next TLP whenever it launches, will be a huge bot'n hack fest, lol.
  14. Torg New Member

You are going to out of the way zones that nobody is using and that you have no interest in, just to grief someone that may or may not be playing unattended? How does that make you the good guy? If someone is off in a zone that I have no interest in and isn’t popular, I really don’t care what they are doing. Like someone else mentioned I also don’t care if they are in a pick and pretty much keeping it open by themselves. If they are mark monopolizing the only pick, that is one thing, but if they are keeping a pick open, I just use that by going to a different camp. I mean, I could grief them and maybe they log. Now the pick closes and there aren’t any open camps at all. Go me.

I’m pretty sure the person I bought inks from was a botter’s vendor. Know what? I don’t care. If they hadn’t have been farming inks, I would have had to go to that asscrack of a zone and either solo, or hope I can talk some people into going way out of the way to get substandard exp. Now, if they were farming top camps of top zones of current expansion, that is different. But let them have th BFE zones I say.
    Funnything and Bolten_DA like this.
  15. jeskola pheerie

Every tlp has a lot of bad apples early on. Even back in the combine/sleeper era before krono, and the Fippy/vulak era. I had people on vulak calling my female erudite mage an n-word b-word for next to nothing.
  16. Funnything Journeyman

i know. it went rampant before though, people were changing their names and doing bungee jumps from surface to roof tops. they just have to watch for these people, as to how they warp and dont get auto detected.. not sure.
  17. Lankie Augur

I thought Phinny was the only true-box non M Q server, maybe I missed something. Aren't the others just True-box only?
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

All True Box servers have the same rules/restrictions.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

There we go....

So when's the next TLP with instant kill hax or ghost kill coming?
  20. a_librarian Augur

I hope you don't like to farm plat to keep your account subbed because these bots are generating probably 100k a day and are being left running for weeks and months on end. Effectively they are duping plat using their bot program and it affects anybody who interacts with the server economy