That program is now allowing Phinigel?! DBG?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jul 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Risiko Augur

Just read this on another forum...

I thought DBG had made an agreement with that programs developer that they would not allow it to be used on Phinigel.
  2. Gilad Journeyman

From what I've seen on it:
    This is a special version of Program for Truebox servers like Quarm and Phinigel. The goal is to act like a basic addon system, similar to WoW.

With that goal in mind, certain Program features have been disabled:

• All macros disabled, including automations.
    • /target doesn't work on mobs that are out of LOS.
    • Most plugins disabled, including ProgramMap.
    • /who doesn't give any hidden details on players in the zone.

Don't think of this as Program, but an addon system from a modern MMO. Enjoy advanced logging features, ProgramMelee and /stick commands, and ProgramAutoaccept to make EQ a bit less annoying without gaining an advantage over others.
  3. Tudadar Augur

Time for the devs to go to Warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Stop making little girl agreements and start swinging. Do all account bans if needed and get them crying up a storm like a couple weeks back for buying the keys.
  4. Crackers Augur

It's a program, plain and simple. I'd be fine with banning anyone who uses it. That said, it's not my bottom line that is impacted.
  5. Numiko Augur

I've been in pick up groups where someone has joked about using "monk track" to know when and where a named pop in the zone, so yea it's used and at least partly working i would say.
  6. Tudadar Augur

This will definately effect your future servers so may as well start doing something about it now.
    Stash McWhalen likes this.
  7. Draekony Lorekeeper

thats called MYSEQ, not mq2map, it is a standalone map outside of teh game.
  8. Risiko Augur

Either way, aren't 3rd party programs not allowed?
  9. Draekony Lorekeeper

10. Trevalon Augur

Actually no, they are allowed.

Prior to LJ/RF launching they made a post saying that they didn't care if you use 3rd party programs as long as your still at the computer while using them. If you can respond to a text from a GM when they ask you are fine to use whatever you want.

Of course the "cheat" program out there that lets you do certain things is still off limits, but programs like a certain boxing one are perfectly legal.

I don't see much of an issue with the above program except maybe the /stick command. That definitely lets people box melee without playing their characters - Other than that one ability I think the rest would be perfectly legal.
  11. Reht The Dude abides...

Incorrrecto

Correcto
  12. DruidCT Augur

I believe the terms of use is still that you can't. Beyond that you just have their enforcement policy of the month to rely upon. I think tacit approval of most IS* functionality was given, but they still opposed M* because of the invasive way it hooks into EQ. You will have to rely on selective and inconsistent enforcement based on the whims of the GMs and the moods of the producer.
  13. GrugSA Augur

Not on True box
  14. Reht The Dude abides...

It was more than tacit approval, the community managed posted that they were acceptable to use under certain conditions. Obviously those conditions aren't applied to all servers by virtue of ruleset/truebox code. Yes, they can always fall back on the terms of use which don't approve their use, but even if they did, they could change them at their whim. Right now the prevailing winds allow their use on most servers if you aren't AFK.
  15. eqmule New Member

The macro engine is disabled therefor there is no such thing as an /if statement.
    there is no map.
    There is no /who to display who is in a zone.
    I don't see a single point of automation being possible unless you are at the keyboard clicking away.
    Let's not start any unfound rumors of the evilness of "the program" it's barely been out a day and we are still testing it and if any unforeseen side effects still remain that allow people to gain an unfair advantage they will be removed.
    I'm sure this thread will get locked but I hope my post stays for future reference.
    You CAN click on your targets name in the target window and if you have something on your cursor it will open a trade.
    You CAN do /useitem <name of item> and it will cast the clicky on it. (If it's accessible to the normal /useitem)
    You can type /cast <name of some spell> And it will cast it.
    Those are some examples that in no way are cheating, just utility.
    You CAN NOT see all the mobs in a zone.
    You CAN NOT target mobs that are not within line of sight.
    You CAN NOT run any macros or afk automate anything at all.
    This might have the same name as the "Program" but there are more differences than likenesses.

Also I like to mention that I personally didn't want anything to do with the true box mode, I was very happy with the prevention of it on phinny and I feel that I was successful in the months since the release to keep it under control, but Others wanted a FULL version and this was a compromise that I could feasibly get an agreement on instead.

So there is that. If I would have stayed out of it, this would have ended up in a full fledged version.
    Now we have this, and it's not super bad... Maybe not what everyone wanted, but it's better than the alternative.
  16. MabbuPhinny Augur

Its funny if you asked me even a few years ago I would have told you that this conversation would never in a million years be had on the official eq forums.
    Finley likes this.
  17. Hateseeker Augur

And those programs ruined LJ/RF, leading to Phinigel and its instancing. They were used to allow players to box multiple accounts, many with 6, a few with a lot more, but in either case, allowed players to do it with beyond-normal-human abilities (normally you would have to tab between accounts; the program circumvents that reasonable limitation), and, predictably, since there was no need to maintain a reputation, people KSed their way around Norrath.

There's nothing wrong with boxing, even many accounts, provided human limitations on doing it are in place, but Daybreak's decision to allow the programs circumvented those human limitations.

Let me be clear, I know Daybreak does consider the certain program "legal", I'm saying they should not have. For integrity, at least; profit is of course the ruling factor no doubt.
  18. Lawyer Augur

Daybreak may as well just expose an official scripting API / ABI and be done with it. Maybe adopt a nice language like Python. Obviously they've thrown in the towel on enforcing things.

May as well just go full autotard.
  19. Sterilize Journeyman

Yep if they allow EQBC to run amuck they might as well bring back innerspace boxer
  20. Consenses New Member

Stick and automatic melee abilities?

Well I hope it's against ToS for Phinigel. Thank God windows 10 has a built in record.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.