Coirnav - Merge GoD & OoW releases

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sultan, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Sultan Elder

DBG you considered doing this on Phinny but backed out last minute.

Can we revisit this please so the transition of 70 - 75 is not so long, Phinny has yet again proven like every other TLP that the time it takes for PoP through to TSS is so long that the population dies off dramatically over that time.

I'm not convinced that the lower XP rates on Coirnav will retain players during that time, but rather have an opposite effect.
  2. Kragin Augur

Even this, won't save your server.
    discordkitty, Lantherion and Dythan like this.
  3. Sturmx Lorekeeper

:confused:
    Punchu and Nolrog like this.
  4. Lankie Augur

You really think Croniav will have anyone left when it reaches GoD?
    discordkitty likes this.
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

What you should really be asking for is LoY/LDoN release. Still won't help, though.
    discordkitty likes this.
  6. phattoni Augur

server was doomed from the start, once the krono farm is gone, so is the population :)
    discordkitty likes this.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

What you really should've asked for was Kunark/Velious/Luclin merged into 3 months so there's no fighting over many epic pieces, the VP Key, the SWC, or the coldain ring/Shawl.

Then PoP/LoY/LDoN/GoD merged into another 3 months so your population doesn't die under individual LoY and LDoN launches.

Then OoW/DoN/DoDH/PoR merged into another 3 months so the year you would've spent here doesn't kill your population.
    snailish, discordkitty and Zanarnar like this.
  8. Zanarnar Augur

Merging GoD into OOW just means noone does GoD. If anything Gates should be tacked onto PoP or maybe come out with LDoN. I agree with pretty much everyone else here, this server is going to be a ghost town by then regardless. It didn't really bring anything new to the table and the next new TLP will siphon off most of its population.
  9. Numiko Augur

merging OOW with DoN and then merging DoDH with PoR would make much more sense as a way to reduce the 70 "lag" then merging GoD with OOW.
    Punchu, snailish, Beimeith and 2 others like this.
  10. Raina Elder

Very stupid idea.
  11. Mrjon3s Augur

Heres how I think it should be.
    PoP/LoY/LDoN 4 months
    GoD 3 months
    OoW/DoN 4 months
    DoDH/PoR 4 months
  12. Ryak Augur

You're crazy. Speaking from experience, GoD was the most fun expansion up to that point. In fact, it was easily more fun than OoW, despite this relationship being widely regarded in reverse..
    Brumans likes this.
  13. malaki Augur

GoD might be the best TLP expansion. If you want to do anything, they should shorten the level 70 expansions from 8 weeks to like 5 or 6.
  14. Wiff Elder

As a healer, I thought GoD was terrible at release. The spike damage was anti-fun. That expansion was the reason I and several of my friends lost interest and quit. I heard it got better after they made some changes later.
  15. malaki Augur

Release and TLP GoD are very different.
    snailish likes this.
  16. Boze TLP complaint factory

This is the right answer.
    Doing GoD separately was tons of fun on Phinny, maybe one my favorite expacs on the server so far.
    snailish likes this.
  17. Risiko Augur

Would love to see all of these expansions get 1 month or less on Coirnav:
    • Legacy of Ykesha
    • Lost Dungeons of Norrath
    • Dragons of Norrath
    discordkitty likes this.
  18. Rovell Elder

Very much AGAINST merging GoD and Omens. Having them separate was great on Phinigel.

If anything, make PoP/LoY/LDoN 3-4.5 months instead of 6. I also like merging OoW with DoN and DoDH with PoR.
    snailish likes this.
  19. Sultan Elder

PoP and LoY release together anyway.

So what they should do is,
    • PoP, LoY, LDoN for 3 months
    • GoD, OoW for 3 months
    • DoN, DoDH for 3 months
    • PoR for 2 months
    • TSS
    discordkitty likes this.
  20. Brumans Augur

GoD being its own thing was great on Phinny. Of course there was die off on the 70 stretch - but that's less "the 70 stretch" than just the fact that any TLP server post-PoP has a slow decline in population as it goes on. Nothing will stop that.