Cohorts of rare vendor Marcia Attamilgad, maybe ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KarmaKitty, Jul 16, 2021.

1. KarmaKitty Augur

They already have the roving rare vendor Marcia Attamilgad which sells the odd item of questionable value in limited quantities for Nobles. Nobles can be purchased from a number
    of vendors for around 110,249 plat each. It would be nice if nobles were a fixed say 100K,
    but taxers are going to tax :(

I would like to see a group of vendors in POK, POT or the next expansion hub priced in nobles and possible old group/raid currencies offering a range of worthy items.

For example, I would like to see something like crystalized velium ore available at around
    3 to 5 Nobles. As the herd moves on, these may be harder to obtain (BL as an example).
    The associated armor and args are at a nice spot and it would give TS'ers and the hunter/
    gathers a continued avenue to make some plat.

So, what should such a vendor be selling and for how many Nobles ?
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

While I don't think selling the tradeskill gear ores (like crystallized velium ore) for straight up plat is a good idea, I do think they should put them on the group currency vendor along with the augs.
  3. Szilent Augur

In any mission win, each participant who cares about the type5 augs gets a touch under 1/11th of a type5 aug, and there's a full brick. What price are you envisioning for bricks that makes any sense?
    Yinla and Bigstomp like this.
  4. Szilent Augur

This is silly. Earning ToV loot from hill giants at any pace is not how things should be.
    Bigstomp, Duder and Skuz like this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Well, either upping the currency you get for missions or lowering the cost of the augs is the place to start. Then, make an ore (or whatever the drop is) cost double an aug, perhaps? Better yet...they could just leave it all as it is and make the currency tradeable.

I think back to the type 5s in TBL. Yes, we had to do some missions to get enough currency, but it wasn't an ever-grind, repititious treadmill like ToV/CoV is to get enough currency to get even one aug. I think maybe 2 or 3 nights of 2 or 3 missions each night in TBL and I had enough to buy an aug. Whatever that currency/aug ratio was is perfect. Then make the ores double that, maybe a little more.

There is ZERO reason to make those type 5 augs THAT grindy. The gear drops from the missions should be why you do them over and over...not the currency for augs. I'm not saying that a currency merchant should be the PRIMARY source for the dropped component, just that it should be an option.
  6. KarmaKitty Augur

I believe they like plat sinks. Nobles already exists and there is at least one vendor that uses them.
    People in the low 100s will still want to run all 4 ToV missions (or get TAs) just for the XP, which gives
    the group only 8 ores to split. Rerunning the missions gives significantly less XP with the same ore count. Yes, they like time sinks too.

The need for the ore will always be there. I just believe availability will dry up once we are well into the next expansion. Especially if it boosts the max level.

As for price, high enough to still make doing the missions viable. The chests do drop other stuff. Say
    something like 6 nobles per ore.

There will be a need for the associated containers as well. This provides something for TS community
    to sell and a market for the associated ToV drops for the few still hunting in those zones.

I know, its all just silly.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

BL = Beastlord ???
  8. KarmaKitty Augur

BL = Burning Lands, the expansion
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ah, you ment TBL. Now I understand what we are talking about.

Augs/gear need either a price drop across the board in all recent expansions or a heavy increase in currencies from missions and I would like to see these changed to the HoT system where currencies were available from both quests and missions.

CotF set the president of adding old augs to a vendor, can't remember what currency they used for those may have been plat but could have been older currencies.

Adding the later expansion coins to the Loyalty vendor would also be a welcome addition.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

All of the currency vendors in CoTF use marks of valor (from the HAs). It's not just augs, you can buy most of the gear from previous expansions; I think it's only the group gear stuff. The vendors go all the way down to level 75 and have gear from TSS onwards.

They probably did this since the HAs scale down to 75. It would be kind of a screw job to say "You can do these starting at 75, but you can't use any of the currency until 100."

But being able to buy bags of currency from previous expansions, beyond what the loyalty merchants sell, would be fantastic. I'd also argue that it wouldn't be game breaking to sell raid currency from previous expansions as well. I would just keep a pretty good buffer on the currency sold...3 expansions back from current and 5 back on raid currency.
    Yinla and KarmaKitty like this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Considering Loyally tokens awards went missing 6 out of the last 12 weeks is this something you want to count on? For someone at full capacity that is over 700 tokens gone. Hard to buy stuff when you don't have the tokens

Same thing I said in the other "Moneychanger" post OP started.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/moneychangers.276449/#post-4048080

Why this burning need to change the money system in the game? Use Overseer. Do a quest or mission or raid or whatever. Buy the extra remnants of tranquility from someone in the baz.

Don't really see the need for this since many players never even get raid currency - its all about Krono
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Doing Overseer doesn't really help with augs, doing quests doesn't help either, missions you need 500 coins and need something like 15 augs. That is a lot of missions. :rolleyes:

I have no intention of ever dealing in Krono. You want my stuff you pay me in plat.

If there is issues with Loyalty tokens they either need to fix it or remove the system and add something else.
  13. KarmaKitty Augur

In part talking about Nobles not Loyalty tokens, which can be purchased from various vendors right now.
    So, it is more plat for nobles, nobles for specific items or currencies from a new vendor accepting only nobles.

Of course, you could use the Loyalty tokens to get the bags of platinum, with which to buy the nobles.
    Remnants are just another in game currency. You get them and buy from a vendor dealing in them.

Actually, the current Loyalty and Remnant vendors sell only a couple of items I actually find useful.
    The de-attunement device and the hero forge suit compressor. Most of the rest is over priced fluff.

Anyway, it is just an idea. Let it simmer and see what happens after the next expansion. Perhaps
    another way around it would be to make the ore tradable after the next expansion.

Later on when trying to catch up, the ToV missions cover 100-110 XP and open big upgrades in gear.
    I'm sure grinding the missions for ore are going to be a joy.

Sorry you missed out on Loyalty points, I did not notice. It may be a customer support/public relations
    problem for them. Maybe not, since I missed the associated riots.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I respect that viewpoint, but I have to ask, "Why?" What do you do with all that platinum? My goal is to convert platinum into game time ASAP. The best way to do that is via krono, at least for most of us. What's your perspective?
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With 2 lifetime accounts that need no game time adding and a couple are on subscriptions but that is my way of supporting the game and paying X amount a month/3 months it is money that I never see so never miss.

I have low plat stocks and prefer to spend it. Plat usually goes towards making TS stuff, alts, helping lower level friends out with gear/spells. I have a policy if any friends purchase anything from my Baz mule they get a refund, friends/guild get charged nothing or the cost for TS items.

I've recently started on the new TLP server to stop me twinking alts!
    Elyssanda likes this.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Ah, forgot about lifetime accounts.