Moneychangers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KarmaKitty, Jul 16, 2021.

1. KarmaKitty Augur

Can we get a set of vendors (and tables that can be overturned ;)) added which sell group, raid and special currencies. We already kinda have the exchange rate set for some of these in the bags sold by the loyalty vendor.

So, you could sell your old currency from seeds of doom and buy tokens from LDON just so you can get that whatever you always wanted without doing 100 LDON missions. Maybe buy
    a BL aug to fill that gap until you can get the latest. Lots of options.

Would not be a bad idea to revamp what is offered by the, never mind... It would be nice to revamp all these special vendors. Hell, put them up in the lunar ghost town. There has to be plenty of usless npcs that coould be replaced. It already has a bank (or banks).
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

ISWYDT ;)
  3. KarmaKitty Augur

4. kizant Augur

Disrupting someone's lawful business should be frowned upon by any decent citizen.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Szilent Augur

que?
    Skuz likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Is this in EQ?

You mean Seeds of Destruction?

Chronobines? I use those to pay plot rent.

While there are many alternative currency's most of them can still be used. Some items can be purchased and used as tribute or used in housing for decorations like Boomerang of Wonders !!!!.

Others can be sold in the baz for players who want to get more of a certain one without doing a lot of missions.

And we don't really want anything remotely patterned on loyalty merchant right now considering most players only got 6 of the last 12 weeks worth of tokens. So I see them bungling any other type of alternate currency merchant the same way.
  7. KarmaKitty Augur

Yes EQ, SO Destruction and Chronobines. Thank you.

Mixing franchises is danger mouse, er, dangerous. Should be avoided at all cost.

I had an abundance of Chronobines and used them for housing/guild hall upkeep as well.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Why?
  9. KarmaKitty Augur

Ah, the type that likes reversing the polarity of the neutron flow.

A real risk taker ;) and over all cool dude :cool:

Why ? Why, you could get fantastic results or you could get the Star Wars Christmas special.

Is it worth the Risk ?

And which presents the greater risk to humanity, Klingon opera or Vogon poetry ?

:p
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

K-Pop ??

/em looks around for his K-Pop addicted, soon to be sixteen years-old, daughter and gets ready to hide.
  11. KarmaKitty Augur

K-pop :eek: Hmm, you may be right Nennius.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Speaking of being 16, and horrible music.....

A month before my 16th birthday, this happened very close to where I lived:
    https://infogalactic.com/info/Disco_Demolition_Night

Needless to say, my answer is Disco ;)

"That blowed up, REAL good!"
    Nennius and Stymie like this.
  13. Stymie Pendragon

Thanks for the blast from the past! I was young, but I still remember seeing it on the news and the big grin on my dad's face at the time. :)
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Disco getting the fate that it deserves. /nod
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

A VERY long time ago I used to help a friend DJ dances. Lots of folks wanted disco and if you wanted to get paid to DJ dances you gave the folks what they wanted. But...we later discovered that disco singles made good Frisbees and targets when we went shooting. Such was life in the 1980's.

So, I stand corrected and cast my vote for disco.