Class Power rankings per Expansion?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arclyte, Mar 17, 2020.

1. auto21 Elder

This.

Having tried/played all the classes back in live and across >5 TLPs, I believe a tier list changes significantly if you consider: -
    • Number of people: Solo, duo, trio or a full group etc.
    • Role: DPS, heal, tanking, pulling, CC, support
    • Attention requirements/number of clicks per min
    • Gear requirements (to do main function)
    • Expansion (which was alluded to)
    • Level
    For example:
    • Enchanter are B-tier at best solo but add in a cleric and they become S-tier (the best duo until at least POP)
    • Clerics are C/D-tier solo and similarly jump to S-tier with an ENC
    • In classic, Enchanters are C/D-tier dps without a pet, S-tier with an appropriate and hasted pet, S-tier CC, un-ranked heals, D-tier tanks, B/C-tier pullers (due to pacify), A/B-tier support (crack, invis etc). Attention = very high. Number of clicks = high. Gear requirements = moderate
    Unlike the OP list, these simple examples hint at the complexity of what a meaningful tier-list would start to look like.
    Aenoan likes this.
  2. Vileborg33 Lorekeeper

Little piece of advice. Clerics are at the top of the list and all you others are two levels below that.

Let me see you classify Clerics as anything other than supreme being and overlord again and I'll make sure to accidentally miss that heal followed by the tell "Maybe you should have ranked me higher and I would have paid more attention.". Then my tell may be saying you are getting a 90% rez to the raid or group but be assured I'm using reanimation and you will take that 0% and like it.

Just saying, it's not like your life is in my hands or anything.
  3. Aenoan Augur

This is extremely accurate. I think part of the problem is "feelings" tend to be a deciding factor as its my favorite class or something similar.