Clarification on 4/22 UD

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EqEqEq, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Forcallen Augur

There was never an option to cap our epic and create an AA line to replace it. This is the idea the community has requested for years now. They have said no to it for like 10 years now. So like I said make stuff up much?
  2. Kolani Augur

There was a discussion about adding a cap and AA during the House of Thule beta; necros derailed it by demanding the epic focus on the epic ornamentation. I recall it specifically as it was an idea one of my guildmates had requested, and it was being opposed mainly by higher end raiding necromancers.
  3. Forcallen Augur

I don't claim to speak for all necro's nor do I claim to know it all about the class. But I have been in every beta since SoD and never has a dev said we would like to cap/remove your epic focus and move it to an AA line instead. Any necro would have jumped all over this idea as its exactly what most have asked for for years. So your friend is lying to you. That has been one of the community suggestions to get away from our epic of years now but the devs refuse to do that. I do know many people wanted the focus effect added to the epic ornament so we could just carry over the effect to any weapon freeing us from its other stats (which is same result as if they just granted it via AA) but again the devs said no.

The devs have posed ideas that in some cases leave the class way worse off, we explained why and rejected the idea. Which thankfully they considered and left it alone.
    The devs have posed ideas that in some cases leave the class insanely overpowered, we explained why and rejected the idea. Again thankfully they reconsidered and left it at tbd at a later date as they then realized that a lot of what they thought about our epic was wrong.

But back to the topic of this thread.
    Spellfire and Iila like this.
  4. Kolani Augur

I was an active participant in the thread, it was a hijack of the epic ornamentation thread by Warpiggs.