Clarification on 4/22 UD

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EqEqEq, Apr 23, 2015.

1. EqEqEq Elder

- Spells that are triggered by doom effects will now check for stacking conflicts before they are applied.
    - Spells with resource tap components will now stack with each other as intended.

Anyone know what this really means? Is there a raid(s) getting nerfed?
  2. Kolani Augur

Maybe the doom timer on Vish won't overwrite itself anymore?
  3. Betenoire Elder

Those updates affect PC spells, such as necro ones, which have a triggered effect on them once they are active long enough.
  4. Forcallen Augur

Resource taps now stack, lifetap dots that sk and necros have are an example. Prior to this only the highest tap would win and blocked all others from landing.

Doom effect spells eventually will stack. Worked on test but I guess they had some issue with an aspect of it and held some of the update from live so it still doesn't work as explained. Examples being dots like mortificous and pernicous.
    menown likes this.
  5. Betenoire Elder

Think only the highest level doom effect will be allowed if there are multiples ranks on said mob?
  6. Dzarn Developer

The first change has to do with an upcoming change that will allow spells with doom effects to stack where they do not currently and is mostly a 'behind the scenes' fix.

Say for example you have two rune buffs on you that are allowed to stack, each of these buffs will cast grim aura on you when they fade due to the total rune effect being consumed.

Normally grim aura can only be put on you once, it doesn't stack with itself.

There was a bug that existed where, if both of the rune effects were consumed at the same time, you would have 2 copies of grim aura on your buff list because neither instance of grim aura was able to check stacking against the other because they were being applied at the same time.

Now when doom effects trigger a spell to be cast, those spells are all put into a queue and applied in succession so that each spell can resolve stacking correctly when it is applied.

In a future update we will be going through the spells that previously did not stack due to their doom effects conflicting in slots 1-12 and ensuring that they stack in ways we want them to.

As has been noted, spells that use spell effect 457 will now no longer conflict with one another by the presence of this effect. This will allow multiple lifetap dots as cast by multiple casters to coexist on a target.
  7. Forcallen Augur

Dzarn since you guys are already looking into this is there anyway you guys could look at getting that doom effect to be attributed to the caster?

Mortiferous Wounds for example. As it stands now the doom bonus damage (Violent Proliferation in this case) that we have to wait for never gets credited to us since the game considers it damage done to the mob by itself. This means a debuff slot gets eaten on the mob for no attributed damage and the damage isn't modified at all by the actual casters influence. Making it less damage then if the dot simply had more standard tics which are modified by the caster. So essentially we wait 2 minutes for a doom effect but it basically does nothing for us in that it actually does less damage then the standard base tic and no one even gets credit for the little damage it does for eating a debuff slot. We mentioned this to Aristo years ago when he first created them and he advised he would look into getting it attributed to the caster or rolling that damage into the spell (which he would have to do) but nothing ever came of it.

A doom effect that does no boom is no bueno!
  8. Dzarn Developer

Is it bad that my initial reaction is the desire to implement an entire line of dots that would do triple your normal DPS but be unattributed to you? :cool:

(I'll keep it in mind but don't have any information on that for the time being...)
    Soltara likes this.
  9. Iila Augur

It's hard to even find a way to see that those doomed dots are doing anything. The damage isn't reported at all, even as the mob damaging itself.

NPCs killing themselves with doom dots sounds like a great way to make corpses poof and quests bug out, let's not do that? ;)
    Garshok and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  10. Rhaage Augur

epic 3.0?..... lol
  11. Warpeace Augur

Can I have triple my normal DPS :p.
  12. EqEqEq Elder

Thank you Dzarn! I appreciate you taking the time.

"epic 3.0?..... lol"
    Necros should be asking for more debuff slots on a mob if anything :)>
  13. TibalMurphy Elder

if anything necros DESERVE atleast a newer age WEAPON with the same effect as their 2.0 so they can be on par with everyone else...they can atleast do that after the yearly nerfs on necros lol...just a group and raid version of a newer weapon with the same effect.
  14. Betenoire Elder

Yeah necros are in such a bad spot.....lol...
  15. Kellaer Augur

Give necros a break, they've only been one of the most overpowered class for 16 years now. Hiding or faking parses, not showing developers how necros are actually played, and whining about literally every possible change to the class is just roleplaying.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  16. Betenoire Elder

I'm all for necros getting an updated primary, just pretty sure it's been said 1,000 times it will not have that effect. So I'm sure just like my nec, not much chance you'll ever be able to pry 2.5 from their hands. The being on par with everyone else gave me a good laugh though.
  17. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

necros and bards man every small change breaks everything =/
  18. Kolani Augur

Necros have actively and obnoxiously campaigned against ANY attempt to level cap the 2.0 and move the focus off to an autogranted AA in the past. They've created the mess that they're in, they can live with it.
    Kellaer likes this.
  19. Forcallen Augur

Make stuff up much?
    Iila likes this.
  20. Kolani Augur

The beta forums are no longer active or I could post several ten page threads for you each time there was a serious discussion from each expansion.