/claims on new accounts with latest expac added

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sinzz, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Sinzz Augur

voa did reward all the non preorder items to hot and I believe I activated a a new account during rof and seem to remember getting the same it is with present expac that this seemed to happen
  2. Filatal Augur

I did get HoT claim items when I came back in middle of VoA. Might have gotten a few older items also, not sure. My claim is full of stuff that I have no idea where it came from. Oddly though, I remember claiming the stuff they gave you for having a gold account when FtP went live ( I came back about a week before FtP and didn't actually buy VoA until April/May when I got to level 90 ), I remember using the xp pots. I am also equally sure I did not use the perfected aug distillers they gave us, yet those I can't find anywhere on my account. Le sigh.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

they might of stopped this due to how they want micro $$ trans for items vs buying the expantion and just /claim a lot of items they are pushing in the market.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It must have been either a bug or a special or something to encourage buying VoA between expansions then, because not a single one of the accounts I bought VoA for that did not have HoT got any of the HoT claims; and my main didn't get duplicate claims for buying VoA after already having bought HoT which is what would happen if you were given the HoT claims as part of the VoA claims.

If you ask me all you guys that got HoT claims were bugged, and they just decided not to bother to go back and undo it when they fixed it.
  5. Abazzagorath Augur

Um, no. No one gets "duplicate" claims on an account unless it was 8+ years ago and you bought multiple expansion boxes for the keys (people did that for the DoN potions), and the one time they created a special specific claim that included most prior expansion claims inside it (the Satchel of Abu-kar shows up twice, once as just the bag and once with a bunch of duplicate items inside it).

I did not buy HoT on two of my accounts (I had to retire right as it came out, came back right before VoA), got it for free when I bought them VoA, and they both received all HoT claims. I had at least 2 accounts that didn't have SoD when I bought them Underfoot and they received SoD claims.

As was said before, you used to get claims and then they changed it, possibly because they never intended it.

Claim items have ALWAYS been screwy. I have multiple FTP accounts I made on a vague intent to do something with them, that I never purchased an expansion for and they have different expansion claim items (mark of brell on several of the accounts for some reason). Sounds like you just were unlucky.
  6. Draego Augur

7. Abazzagorath Augur

8. Piestro Augur

In general purchasing an expansion includes the /claim items that come with that specific expansion. It does not include the claim items that came with purchase of a previous expansion. Our current expansion, Call of the Forsaken, also entitles you to the content of the expansion Rain of Fear if you did not purchase it. It does not include the purchase of the Rain of Fear expansion, and the corresponding claim items.

We want you to be able to purchase one expansion instead of having to purchase 2, so we include the content. /Claim items are a perk for those that actually purchase the expansion to which they are tied however.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I never bought multiples of the same expansion for duplicate claims. I did buy the a few of the boxsets at times when they included the new expansion as well as past ones; the first of those gave all claims that were not currently available to your account (even if you already had received it), the second boxed set (and all subsequent boxed sets) only gave out the all in one claim that you mentioned and you got it each time as long as you had claimed the original one before you entered the code that came with the second one. I have at least one alt on my main account with Abu-kar while my main has 2 (normal & extended).

Sorry, but I happen to have had the exact opposite experience with the the exact same expansions which had not been bought and were bought on my alt accounts (did not buy SoD or HoT for alts, but did buy UF and VoA for them, and they DID NOT get any of the HoT claims. Not a one.

It could be that when you bought those expansions each of those times that there was some bug similar to what happened during the Pre-Order of CotF (Pre-Order people were getting access to VoA/RoF zones instantly upon Pre-Order, which had never happened before then and was not intended) was going on, and it was noticed and fixed by SOE before it was made public by someone (and thus was kept quiet). Regardless of how it happened, I have had 3-5 alt accounts at any one time and never has a single one of them gotten the claims for older expansions for buying a Post-SoF expansion.