/claims on new accounts with latest expac added

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sinzz, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Sinzz Augur

what happened to when you bought a expac it included all the previous claims from previous expansions?
    the new recruited accounts seem devoid of these when you add a Cotf expac onto them, was just wondering if this was a oversight or intentional since there was bags , mounts like roboboar worg mount hott had a bag and older expacs had stuff too that might be useful to a new account.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

you should bug it.
  3. Zaxamaphone Augur

Good question. Not buying CotF for 2 of my accounts until it is resolved.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I was disappointed by this as well, 1,998 paintings of the Thex family, but no mounts, no bags...
  5. Explicit Augur

As cool as it is zoning into the guild hall and seeing 95 of the same painting...I really wish they'd stop doing this.
    Moklianne likes this.
  6. Denial_Sinfae Augur

That's just poor designing on the guild hall. It's good for people who actually decorate their own places.

Back on topic though, I noticed one of my accounts doesn't have the Gift of Legacies Lost. The other 4 do. Was that an expansion enabled item? I don't remember when it came into existence.
  7. Explicit Augur

Granted during the first Living Legacy events, have to submit a petition if you don't have it.
  8. --Voodoo-- Augur

Pretty sure it's intentional, and started fairly recently. RoF or maybe VoA. I remember when I bought CotF it said it did not include RoF claim items.
  9. Dandin Augur

No skeleton mercenary contract either..

Best Mercs ever.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It never did that. The only times you've been able to get previous expansions' /claim items are from special boxed editions of EQ like the anniversary edition circa 2005ish, or another special promotion.
    Rouan and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  11. Siddar Augur

SoF gave all the prior boxxed expansions claims if I remember right. I have no idea if expansions after that gave prior claims. I kinda doubt they did though.
  12. Abazzagorath Augur

Incorrect. You always received the prior expansions claim items (not preorder items) when they started with "gives you all expansion access" with each expansion. It was only with RoF that it didn't do it and they started saying you weren't supposed to get them.

Maybe you weren't supposed to get them, but until then you definitely did.
    silku likes this.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Hrm, I think you may be right that it was unintended
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Only boxed sets ever gave previous expansions. As Beimeith said the SoF thing was a bug. Which they originally removed then put back just got SoF because of people whining.
  15. --Voodoo-- Augur

Looking back on my purchase history, I did not purchase HoT, but did buy VoA standard edition. I have the HoT claim items like dreamweave satchel, topiary mount, wailing contract... Not sure what came with UF to check if I have them. I have Mark of Brell, but I think everyone gets that.

Either way, it wasn't just an SoF bug, if it was a bug at all.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You bought hot then. My secondary accounts did not get the HoT claims.
  17. Denial_Sinfae Augur

/claim has been around since 2005? I started early 2004, I thought claim was added a couple years after I started. Maybe I just didn't have anything to claim yet?
  18. --Voodoo-- Augur

Nope. I wasn't even playing at the time. Took a break in SoD era, came back around FtP launch. Purchase history shows nothing between SoD and VoA. Maybe it depends on when you bought it.
  19. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I'd like some way of backfiling these items, but you can't even buy boxed copies anymore.
  20. Mykaylla Augur

Unless you find old unopened stock, but now there's an additional problem with that- anything up to HoT, it won't let you add the CD key. I had a couple of discs that I got specifically for claim items, and I hadn't yet added them to an account when EQ went Free to Play- I now get a message essentially telling me that it can't be added because the content is automatically granted. Customer Service time...