Change keying for 3 month servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RainbowCane, Sep 29, 2018.

1. uroldslipper New Member

Can we please stick to the topic. Something has to be done about the keying situation on Phinny. Either we have to have the key drops increased per raid, or shorten the lockout timers. This had not been an issue before, but moving forward this will be a serious detriment to the players.
  2. Machentoo Augur

I am not ready to share the details yet but I sat down and worked out a plan that would potentially get three or four guilds working together into T3 in under two months, right on the edge of clearing Convorteum before the end of the expansion. I think it is doable but it would take a high level of cooperation and trust.
  3. Zanados Lorekeeper

I always welcome cooperation on the server to help get things done- PoR was an excellent example of that.

I remain hopeful that DBG will realize how untenable the upcoming flagging situation is when based upon a 3 month unlock schedule, and take correctional action. Here's to hoping we never need to do something along those lines.

-Zanadare
  4. Kazz99 Elder

I agree with Zanadare here, it is a very nice sentiment and may end up being a requirement if nothing is done for any of us to progress in era during UF and beyond... but it really should not be necessary. It takes seconds to update the DB entries for the loot tables for literally any existing drop in the game.. literally... maybe it will take a bit of research to track down what tables are involved but its not hard...

Yes, I think they should just simply increase the number of drops for the flags only from 2 per raid to something more reasonable like 12, at least, this would still make it worse to flag for than SoF (due to it being a 2 month xpac instead of 3 month) but still doable in era by most if not all raiding guilds.

What boggles my mind is the complete lack of any response from DBG. Extremely POOR customer service really.... they don't even have to state how they plan on addressing the issue... a response stating they are aware of the issue and have not forgotten about it would really go a long way.
  5. Trevalon Augur

6. rgamer920 New Member

Random thought? Why don’t we just all submit cs tickets saying loot tables are broken for key mobs?
  7. Machentoo Augur

Because they aren't actually broken?
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

186 right now. You were close!
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

They are going to say 1 of 2 things. We are not going to change the flag drop rate, or we don't have the time right now, maybe after the xpac and the 2 or 3 patches to fix it.

Both of those answers will just whip the mob into a even frothier frenzy, so why bother. Easier to just let it lay, and suspend the people who make multiple threads.
  10. Boze TLP complaint factory

Someone who has a decent understanding of the current limitations in UF+ flagging should make a post on the DBG issue tracker.
  11. Febb Augur

This is normal for any server to lose players after time. It doesn't matter that the content is newer. We know this because of Agnarr, locked at LDoN which has lost players as well. It has little to do with the content. Most people people quit playing due to the fact they can't keep up and the life style of 3 month servers. It takes up quite a bit of a persons time playing to keep up and get the kinda of gear they want. So people get burnt out on it after a while or real life pulls them away.
  12. VandilIzer Augur

This info is wrong on so many levels.

First, there were 11 Phinny guilds that completed Solteris. All of those average around 45+ raiders from my knowledge.

TBS was a 2 week of stuff to do XPack, SoF and beyond is not, there is plenty of stuff going on, groups are constantly happening even with LFG pug groups again. There are a bunch of people leveling new characters / new to server, sure not tons but with the age of the server its great to see new blood still coming in.

In fact I am helping 2 brand new to server in the last week level up who joined our guild.

You obviously don't play on Phinny and have no factual information just garbage trolling all over these forums.

Every server has attrition, every MMO does for that matter, acting like servers are dead because they lose players is ridiculous, almost every TLP is doing at least decent, has a player base and I hope all of them succeed and get fixes they need to make their players feel good about continuing to play because the more people playing EQ period means the longer this game lasts.
    Risiko, a_librarian and Ryak like this.
  13. Ryak Augur

What's particularly sad/ironic is that SoF's NON-RAID content has been GREAT for Phinny. People are playing the game, doing quests for various factions, doing various quests for items. People haven't been this active in quite awhile and it's much more sustained than it was for any recent expansion.

It's only the RAID content which is dragging the expansion down. The way the flagging is means that either

(1) People who are NOT lucky enough to get awarded raid key drops have to sit out of content that they otherwise would have participated in

OR

(2) People who are awarded raid key drops have to artificially wait for the others to get their drops

Neither of these solutions is actually a good solution because someone is missing out regardless of which approach you take.

In a 2-3 month expansion window, there is no place for a tier of raiding to require 3+ clears to flag a raid force, particularly when there are many tiers in an expansion.
  14. Boze TLP complaint factory

Yeah we've had several people from the days of yore come back with some of those just around to do group content. Pretty nice to see. I'm already excited for the SoD group content, lots of neat things to do and farm.
    VandilIzer likes this.
  15. Catashe Augur

I mean I don't want to sound crazy or anything but has anyone actually tried filling out a "Improvement" request on the DBG issue tracker and getting everyone to vote for it? I mean the devs really seem to like that thing and even Prathun or something mentioned it for in a forum post today... I mean instead of just spamming TLP forums with 50 posts about the flag issues on TLPs
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's easier to just protest and complain...

But good idea. Where do we vote?
    Kazz99 likes this.
  17. Kazz99 Elder

18. Accipiter Old Timer

You sure about that? Roxxly, is forum moderator your only job? ;)
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

>Be me
    >Read this
    >Log onto Phinny
    >/Who all LFG
    >There are 3 player in everquest. During European prime time
    >Wizard Monk anon 80, 78 and ?
    >/camp server
    >Log onto Coirnav
    >/Who all LFG
    >Your requested was cut short too many players
    >Check LFG tab 46-56 12 players

Yeah dude Pug scene is strong on Phinny

Edit: Go to Phinny kill, click link to two guilds that beat previous expansion. Open DK pages Entendre 28 members+ 50% attends Broken wave 38 +50%. Huge guilds man
  20. Delora Journeyman

I'm currently logged in, what you failed to mention is majority of those players are in euro guilds. Try again later when the majority of phinny players are home from work/school/whatever.