Change keying for 3 month servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RainbowCane, Sep 29, 2018.

1. VandilIzer Augur

Fair enough.
  2. p8aa Elder

You are very wrong. If live was not generating lot of profit, there would be no new expansion each year.
    Also, the road is very long before you can say phinigel server is the best raiding server. UF, which will yet kill a few guilds maybe, is an easy expansion compared to some raid's later expansions. A lot of guilds remained on your server will die on expansions later than Underfoot. If you manage to get at least 1 guild on Phinigel to catch raiding live server this will be yet an exploit. And if so, your RoS leaderboard ranking would place you at the middle of the pack compared to other live servers in term of successful raiding server. There are servers that have put 2 and 3 guilds to clear all RoS content before new expansion comes.
    In RoS, i doubt that the number of gold accounts remaining on Phinigel will be higher than many current live servers.
  3. Ryak Augur

Yeah i forgot about the boxing angle.

Still, I don't agree with the statement that flagging is "solved" when that solution is MANDATORY BOXING and massive splitting in a way that is clearly against the original intent of the content.

This content was intended to have your entire raid force progress linearly through the content. I have no problem with other people splitting if they want to, but it should ONLY be for loot purposes, not for flagging, so as not to make it the only viable way of playing (the definition of playing here is getting to see the end zone at some point in era).

I'm curious. Does some extremely high percentage of your players box? I don't see how you get to 95% Main-Crystallos-flagged in a week without the percentage of boxers being near 100%. Or, i suppose, there could be a few people who box several accounts making up for some non-boxers.

If you 4-split tier 2 and 2-split meldrath leaving you enough flagged mains for 1 split of crystallos, a naive estimate puts you at 3 boxes per main!!! Maybe call it 2 boxes per main (given the likely assumption you skimped on numbers on tier 2).
    Wyre Wintermute and Punchu like this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Wow is far more successful than eq. What does wow do for keys?
  5. Ryak Augur

I don't necessarily think "WoW does this" is a good argument, but they revamp all their old raid content after it goes out of era specifically to make it more accessible.

I actually think they go a good deal too far in the other direction. All we're asking for here is some minor tweaks to flag drop rates.
  6. Briano Journeyman

Would like to hear from a Dev on this one way or another. My annual sub will expire in December and will not be renewing as it is now. *sad face*
  7. Punchu Augur

They were silent on the GOD/OOW bundling for a long time and came around. Here's hoping.
  8. Machentoo Augur

A little more than half, I'd estimate. We have a handful who box 4-6 and are able to contribute all their toons to the effort, and several husband/wife duo's that box six between them (as my wife and I do.) A fair amount who don't actually box but play alts some, one toon at a time, and can bring an alt to contribute. Quite a lot of our players just box one or two extra toons regularly, and we have a program that gives loot preference to alts that are used heavily in raiding (one alt per main), so we have some pretty decently geared alts. For our 4 split of tier1/tier 2, we were hitting right around 125-130 total toons involved, probably half mains and half alts.
  9. Boze TLP complaint factory

They combined the threads without locking everything, and we haven't heard an official word. This is good news and means they're at least discussing it.
  10. highelfbard New Member

But lets be honest, how hard would it be for them to give us a reply. "Hey we are discussing this now and will update as soon as we can" or anything to let us know they are actively doing something, or even that they are not.

It is just plain rude to not reply. Makes them look like cnuts, we deserve some acknowledgement after 11 pages of people asking for something to be done.

DBG you suck at customer service, sort it out.
  11. Boze TLP complaint factory

Nah they've just been through the toxic-EQ-player-pitchfork-instanity enough to know that if they say anything we'll take it as a commitment to fixing it and then complain more. Them taking their time before saying anything is a smart move.
  12. Ryak Augur

As a dev myself, Ive always tried to be the voice of reason when I see people posting ridiculous pitchforky things, but I think refusing to say anything isn't a healthy way to handle situations like this. We know they are capable of posting "we would like to do x but resources bla bla bla" because they sometimes do it. And I feel like that kind of post generally gets liked and responded to positively because (while there are some bad apples) MOST people are willing to be adults about it.

Honestly, even posting "we have no intention of ever doing X" is helpful because at least we know where they stand. They posted that with regards to invis clickies for clerics on live, for example. I don't think it would have been better for them to be vague and ignore it or say "well maaaaaybe" if they have no intention of doing it.

There is such a thing as respecting people for being forthright about a situation even if you disagree or don't like the situation.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Obviously, you realize, as a dev, that just because you sometimes get to say things like that doesn't mean that you can whenever you want. It could well be that such communication decisions aren't made by the dev staff.
  14. Ryak Augur

Oh I know. I was simply critiquing the communications of the faceless entity known as DBG (which is not to be confused with critiquing any individual developer personally).
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Spliting has always been a requirement of progressing faster on instanced content. Want to get to VP faster split Trak. ST split KT, Zlandicar ect. VT split lower tier bosses. PoP split CoD event. This is nothing new. I get that you guys want free loot and too not have to put in the work but the content was designed in a way that you need to beat it X times before progressing just like Trak just like ST and VT. This isn't new and the only reason it's a problem is because your server is ded.
  16. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Not to mention... Agent of Change instances only came about during this last batch of TLP's... not even the multitude of TLP's prior. Pickzones only appeared with/following Ragefire and Lockjaw. There's no way it could have "always" been that way when it is one of the most recent additions to the game. Period.
  17. Dilf Augur

Umm, they don't have keys? Each raid tier is unlocked with major patches, and the heroic modes are unlocked by defeating the normal modes.
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Since you didn't read it.

Ever single guild that wanted to get into VT and ST quickly did split raids. It always worked that way with instanced content. Just because your guild doesn't have the players required to split content to get flags quickly doesn't mean the content wasn't designed to be beat a bunch of times before progression to the next tier.
  19. Kazz99 Elder

So your definition of "always been a requirement" is from the start of Phinny? lol My guild has zero problems beating the content, that is not the point and you are obviously not qualified to even speak about it as by your own admission, you do not play on TLP anymore and are equating the ability to split for gear to the requirement to massively split to key, which are not the same thing at all.... go eat your cheerios....
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  20. Lankie Augur

The content was designed for 3 month unlocks? Wtf are you talking about. They designed this content like 15 years ago for 12 month unlocks.
    Ryak and Wyre Wintermute like this.