Castles, Dungeons & Keeps for Housing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Koveras, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Caudyr Augur

Make them crafted. Y'know, like Vanguard houses were.

Could have a player design contest to have them design it or something probably, too...and not put it through Player Studio so they charge SC for it.
  2. Hatsee Augur

Have you ever looked at crafting in VG?

Dear god. Especially on the large items like houses and galleons.
  3. Redrum_Redrum Augur

I agree it should be somewhat oriented around your player race/starting city and not to out of touch with basic Everquest design/architecture of the original home city styles.
  4. WarSheol Augur

I have been wanting and asking for this since HoT beta lol I had to manualy make my house look like a castle using stone walls ect looks great was on the EQ home show front page for a while :cool:

Castles dungeons towers maybe even a model like the tiny castle to zone into plane of mischief Gimme Gimme heh.

Oh and more Thrones please :cool:
  5. Pizacatto - CT Augur

I took a Portal Shield (one of those conjured ones from my Mage) that's a shield that looks like a door and has 1 charge for Port to PoK and shrunk it and made it a mouse door in my house. Now, if only I could find a mouse pet...
  6. Pouncequick Journeyman

Cause anything that might generate any more revenue for them would be bad for the game somehow?

This would be purely cosmetic, therefore marketplace appropriate.

That said, you can build a castle facade from scratch with parts already available in and/or out of the marketplace.
  7. Arwyn-RoV Augur

Its kinda obvious to me Mell, and whats even funnier is that SoE likely already has the shape files for these things at hand. If I were playing an ogre, I might like a structure that looks like something from Oggok or Feerrott, along with the same items for chairs, beds, household items etc. Hell, Shrek up the joint and give me a placeable swamp, even.
  8. Caudyr Augur

I built a house in VG and a boat, too. I realize how many parts they require.

However, TS items are much more common here than in VG as you don't have to run around like a lunatic competing to click on harvestable resources to harvest 'em, hoping for a rare piece.

What i meant was that the TS could have you build the walls, then the rooms, then put the rooms in and build the house/castle itself and then place it. I realize it would be a lot of combines, but it's a good alternative to having to pay RL cash a lot of people don't have for something, imo. -_-