Castles, Dungeons & Keeps for Housing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Koveras, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Koveras Elder

I'm not sure if anyone has ever thought of this, ever since housing was introduced for EverQuest the three things I noticed missing are Castles, Dungeons and Keeps, can you imagine having one of those three for housing? I think they should one day do this when the chance ever arises, not sure about the thoughts of others but if any, express your thoughts about this.
    Hobitses, WarSheol and Dzarn like this.
  2. Nindale_MS Elder

Let's not give them more ideas for marketplace plzkthx, while the idea would be great if we had more focus on content but that isn't the case here.
    Dzarn likes this.
  3. Koveras Elder

I'm not saying this has to happen right away, I'm only saying let this be for future reference, if I said it has to happen right away it be one different story but no this isn't that different story.
  4. Nindale_MS Elder

I understand what you meant, wasn't trying to sound malicious. EQ2 does have nice houses, but on that same token, they've had them since day 1, ours got added as an expansion feature, and now everything they add related to them is in the marketplace. With the state of the game how it is, would like to see more attention to content/raids/aa then marketplace stuff. On the other hand though they probably should give bigger and better things for example a big castle for players to get excited about because EQ unfortunately probably only has a year or so left.
  5. Mellifleur Augur

this was said 6 years ago, and 5, and 4.... you get the idea.
    Hobitses, RekMMO, Dzarn and 1 other person like this.
  6. IceSy Augur

I would be happy do design player houses for EQ, as I already do that now in RL (<< Residential Designer, by trade). :D
    Hobitses and Fenthen like this.
  7. Pizacatto - CT Augur

I think it'd be cool having a small hill with a door in the side of it that went down into the ground as my home. It's not like the windows in the houses do anything, anyway...
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

Hobbitsies...
  9. Hatsee Augur

Well that's a root cellar so your home would be damp and cold and likely full of mold and spiders.

But it would look awesome, or something.
  10. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Exactly! I think it's be pretty durn cool, myself. As for the Castle, well, we have a Grand Guild Hall, so there's the castle, and I currently have a Mansion, so meh. I want a hole in the ground, dammit!
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the tradeskill / homeshow forum instead of being in the veteran lounge? ;p
  12. Gannen Elder

I've heard the "EQ only has a year left" EVERY year by players since 2000... (it wasn't said as much in 1999)...

The Idea of a small castle would be interesting... it could almost be tied in with the original guild hall layout... and with Private guild neighborhoods, there would be 3 empty lots for something to add on the idea of a dungeon or keep... (a separate dungeon instance? or something)...
  13. Pizacatto - CT Augur

How about 'Guild Haunted Houses' (for Halloween, or just Guild Dungeons) where a guild could build a Dungeon for folks to run through and get some cheap trinket (no combat stats or anything) awarded to people that successfully completed it?

That'd be cool.
  14. Xirtket Augur

The houses and housing zones remain mostly devoid of anyone, some may venture there to place an item on their wall as a trophy or whatever.. I think I have went into 1 maybe 2 other houses to look at em.. It seems like it was a waste of time and space developing the housing. I could see this being better if people had a reason to go there other then O_look_another_sword_for_my_wall_96847
  15. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

This basically. They already give us a skeleton crew and reduce content amounts each expansion. Lets not do ANYTHING that may lead them to avoid content and add marketplace crap (hi hero's forge)

Yes that long ago it was silly but now lets look at the facts.

Content is being drastically reduced expansion by expansion
    EQNext is coming sooner rather than later

If that trend continues by the time EQNext actually releases we will be getting 4-5 zone expansions.
  16. Ishtass Augur

EQ isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Also, +1 to OP original idea, I'd like a badarse castle.
  17. gcubed Augur

18. Arwyn-RoV Augur

All of the player races starting cities have differences in style and architecture that should be made available to people for houses. Lets hope that player studio can design house zone structures and placeable items.
    Redrum_Redrum likes this.
  19. Mellifleur Augur

What a great idea Arwyn, I have a few pieces I have been working on and it never crossed my mind to look at racial items.
  20. Caudyr Augur

Make them crafted. Y'know, like Vanguard houses were.

Could have a player design contest to have them design it or something probably, too...and not put it through Player Studio so they charge SC for it.
  21. Hatsee Augur

Have you ever looked at crafting in VG?

Dear god. Especially on the large items like houses and galleons.