captcha on forum login

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ghubuk, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Tornicade_IV Augur

Well its obvious we need skillups and bonus DB cash for this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Auto fails would also mess up any learning logarithims.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  3. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

I’ve gotten store fronts as well. First time I’ve seen that before haha.
    This is a little annoying...
  4. Nolrog Augur

I am confused. What data would they be collecting from me clicking on pictures of a sign? Whether my eyesight is good enough to see if the tip of the corner of that sign is in the next box or not?
  5. Geroblue Augur

What data ? What I think is a car ? I don't understand your concern.
    Nolrog likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Today was a bad day.. 20 clicks.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not had a problem with this all it is asking is for me to check the box that I am not a robot. :)

Could it be dependant on location as to who gets pictures?
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hmmm.... now I feel victimized... ok well not really.... Interesting though.
  9. Reht The Dude abides...

Just went through more than that...F'ing annoying.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

we may be bots and not know it... :)
    Reht likes this.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It had only been asking me for the checkbox. Yesterday, it asked me to choose pictures. I skipped the forums altogether AND played a different game.

Today, it only offered me a checkbox. Somehow, I was a bot yesterday. Today I'm not a bot.

I'm OK with that. If it only presents a checkbox, it is a stupid inconvenience. If it makes me choose images, it is a barrier to MY participation on these forums. I know I won't be missed, but maybe there are others like me :)
  12. Warpeace Augur

Whoever did the car one needs to go back and look again and include all the boxes with parts of the cars in them. Quality work there.
    Reht and Geroblue like this.
  13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I haven't experienced this yet on this site, but have seen it other places. On Craigslist for example, some cities sites have it and others don't. Some visitors see it and some don't. Some see the checkbox and some get the pictures. I haven't been able to determine a specific rhyme or reason to it, but it's not global for everybody, that's for sure.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Gialana Augur

I only realized today that on some of the "tests," the pictures I clicked were replaced with other pictures that I might need to click.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Woo hoo only three extra clicks today!!!!
  16. Igniz Augur

DBG - Your captchas are like the AB server. They dont work correctly, are a nuisance, and you should probably try to get some quality into them. I ran through ~50 captchas before I was allowed to login. I am pretty confident in my mental abilities though ...
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Plus, one has to allow darn Google scripts. Big brother and all that...
    Great move, this!
    Guess the reason can only be to cut down on people logging on in the first place.
    Geroblue likes this.
  18. Igniz Augur

Guess, DBG doesnt want people ranting on their forums because of lack of service.
    Geroblue and Cazmac like this.
  19. Cazmac Augur

No, it is several more mouse clicks. Also, sometimes those pictures are rather ambiguous.
    Reht and Geroblue like this.
  20. Geroblue Augur

Well, a bus and a car, I click it for car, and it changes the picture again. I don't know if it accepted it or was telling me I am wrong. Very aggrevating.