captcha on forum login

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ghubuk, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Maybe they wanted to create a new mini game. :mad: I would like to know what problem this irritation is supposed to solve.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  2. Geroblue Augur

Last place I worked before retirement there were several people who came up with unworkable ideas on various things. Since I wasn't on their company level, and not in my department, I didn't have to listen to them. My boss did ask me to check into a few things, and I did.

My last info on captcha is that some countries find people who will work for a few penies per captcha and solve them. Then the bad guys get in anyway. So the only people slowed down by this stuff is us.
    elumxe and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

My issue with it isn't really the time I suppose. I haven't (yet) found one of the annoyances that I couldn't solve quickly. My main point is just why waste resources on it when, by most accounts, resources are stretched thin at DBG.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

ACCCCCK!!!! 28 clicks today. All street signs.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I come to believe more and more, as I get older, that the only truly limited commodity, the most valuable thing in my life, is time. :)
    drakinula likes this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

And pecan pie with vanilla ice cream.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Well, all i can say to this captcha thing is:
    Host it yourself if you think you have to use it - or get rid of it again, which would be even better.
    Or do you really think the increasing number of negative posts recently were due to bot armies?
    Think again!
    Geroblue likes this.
  8. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Captcha is not made or developed or controlled by Daybreak so the glitches are out of their hands. It's annoying but it's not that hard to click even if it's 30-40 times but it's also completely random as to whether it will make you click stuff or just accept that you are not a robot.

So far I've just had to click it once each time about 3-4 times now but I've dealt with captcha from other sites for many years.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

4 clicks today... it was a good day.
    Yinla and McDougal like this.
  10. McDougal Augur

Hmmm Had to try it I didn't get a captcha just an I am not a robot box to check. Captcha game is kinda fun.I think the storefront one is the hardest.
  11. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

The captcha is what is left of EQ Next.
  12. Havanap Elder

13. Geroblue Augur

Another cars one. Some very hard to see if it was a car or van. Wound up having to go through Signs. First one had partial signs, it didn't acept my clicking on those. Second had signs and partial signs, it accepted that.
  14. Knight-errant Journeyman

This is super annoying. I had to click on umpteen street signs, roads, buses, and store fronts just to log in and make a small post.

I've got better things to do with my time, then to work for free flagging pictures for captcha.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Maybe its connected to which computer you are using to log in with? I dunno cause after the third day I stopped getting them. Guess you could try staying logged into the forums.
  16. Geroblue Augur

I shut off my computer when I am done with it. saves on the electrical bill.

More clicks today than yesterday. Apparently, but I could be wrong, that the back of a sign doesn't count as a sign.
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

So, a quick question. Is there anybody getting the picture clicks that isn't on a VPN? Or maybe using a public WiFi hotspot?
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Heh I shouldn't have said anything cause I got one again today - but just one. On normal direct modem wired connection some well known dsl company. Don't use VPN - that I know of :) and not using wifi at home or public.
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Well there goes that theory. I know I only see them on some other sites when accessing via a VPN, and it's the same reCAPTCHA thing.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Only 4 clicks today! I think I am going to buy some lottery tickets!