Bypassing Security Lock - Ban

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Cstoner187, Nov 29, 2017.

1. OGRanger New Member

Been 3 days on my petition and no response. Pretty fun not being able to play because someone wrote a stupid auto ban script based on something stupid as this. Yet when there is clearly a problem with that happened we the customer have to wait for long periods of time to play again at no fault of our own.

Maybe just reverse all those auto bans and send emails apologizing?
  2. OGRanger New Member

Its funny, after 3 days or no response and the post above I get an email saying these accounts have changed hands and wont be un banned.

This is complete bull crap. I owned my accounts from day one and no one but me ever played them. I don't know why you think this maybe because I moved a few months ago or the fact I use gift cards for all my online purchases with made up information to prevent companies like daybreak from exposing my information to others.

Neither of these are against the rules. Now I got to wait god knows how long to get my accounts back if I ever do.

This is completely unacceptable as a customer.
  3. qq1zy New Member

you DBG. you can kiss my ..
  4. qq1zy New Member

F U C K Y O U DBG. Kiss my A S S.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I really wonder how many of you truly didn't do "anything". I've changed the info on all my accounts before. I'm running several accounts owned by other people originally. I've put in petitions flat out saying that and giving the info of the prior people (because I didn't steal the accounts) when asked to get things changed or fixed, like the last time I moved a character between accounts. I also buy the expansions and pay for subscriptions and have for 18 years.

So I just wonder, how many of these are really people running ftp accounts, subbing with krono long enough to auto grant and PL more aa, then SELLING the accounts a short while later. Or ftp accounts used as bots.

I'm not the only one. Heck, one of our former community leader peoples is on an account that wasn't originally his (Waring). Its well known.

Over the years many of us have collected accounts from relatives or friends that quit, usually to keep them somewhat up to date in the (usually in vain unfortunately) hope we can drag them back in. I even bought an account of a friend to keep him from selling it to a stranger after his wife had a miscarriage and they had to do anything they could to pay for medical bills. And I'd turn it over to him in a heartbeat if he asked to get a friend playing again.

They don't just ban willy nilly for the most part. If this was some huge massive bug, there would be more than 10 people posting about it.

I'm guessing a lot of the people banned were for a good reason, even if some got false positives.
    Ghubuk likes this.
  6. phaeril Augur

That's the thing though, we weren't banned for for any of those reasons. The reason stated in the email is "Bypassing Security Lockout" which is where the silliness of the whole thing is rooted. It'd be less frustrating if I had broken some rule, but the accounts are clearly mine and have been the whole time. Paid for with the same credit card (they are my boxes for agnarr) as the non-banned ones... I do think the bug is limited to the specific criteria of accounts flagged for suspicious behaviour (ie. traveling, changing account info, boxing on agnarr apparently) which is why it's not more wide spread.

EDIT: Judging from the responses above, some people were probably banned for real things. I've spoken to one person that has already gotten their account that was banned back so they are clearly going through case by case and making sure that whatever ban is justified.
  7. Imladris54 New Member

I wouldn't mind it as much if CS was actually something they provided. They ban your account and don't reply to your petition for a week only to unban it because it was a mistake or they want you to setup 2 factor auth. They couldn't email the accounts telling them they have x amount of days to set it up? Banning them all does nothing it creates more work for a CS system that already takes a week to respond.
  8. Luudo New Member

Quite annoying during a bonus exp time too when there will be no reimbursement for days lost
  9. Questoften32 Augur

I don't use cellphones because of the point of the matter I pay for two land lines. Should I be worried about buying stuff for my account now? I just did, and was thinking of to pre ordering the expansion. Bad time until they fix this issue? I have never had a problem with eq before.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would have no problem with buying stuff now. Nor would I wait for them to fix it since the same thing has happened before so it doesn't appear fixed. This seems to be a totally random situation with a common thread that all these people at one time or another and on one account or another have set up the 2 step thing. So if you have no cell phone then you have never set one up and therefore cannot "bypass" the security lock therefore this "ban" would probably not happen to you. Or 99% of the other players in EQ. After all there are less than 10 players posting that they were banned. Many players posting opinions but facts are few it seems.
  11. Nosmo New Member

I just got an email that they have reinstated the accounts but that I need to add 2fa to them. So they are responding to the issue.
  12. Imladris54 New Member

Google Voice does not work btw and neither will any of them free apps that give you a number.

What happens if you own no cell phone ? Sorry we cannot explain why we want you to add 2-factor but if you do not add it you cannot play eq anymore ?
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Makes sense since you mentioned you were playing thru a VPN so now DBG knows it is you coming into their servers if you have the 2fa on them. So I see this as DBG way of insuring their servers are safe from unsavory sites using masked VPNs to get into DBG.
  14. BilboST New Member

Hmm, so how do you get Daybreak at least to provide "some" explanation?

I petitioned from a new account, but now that new account is banned with no response. :(

My "crime" is apparently playing from a VPN.
  15. Nosmo New Member

I just submitted a support ticket from my paid account. There was some automated response that I didn't read carefully at first. It said I had to respond to it or it would be closed. Once I responded I received an update a day or two later. Not sure where their support is. The response came 8pm EST Sunday.
    mirosk likes this.
  16. Blackburrow23 Elder

Should we be worried about logging in while traveling? Are we not allowed to log in to our laptops while not being at home? My hotel won't have the same IP as home but will have the same client Mac address that my laptop always has.
  17. Ghubuk Augur

Being in the military, I have logged in from cities other than my own, so no, you shouldn't run into any issues from this.
    My instinct tells me that there are people trying to sow discontent as they were caught doing things that are against the EULA and hope to get others up in arms thinking they could run into an issue.
    If I were a betting man, I would guess that people getting banned either bought accounts and/or sold accounts. Also likely using cheat programs to auto play their characters.
    Is it possible that there were some false positives? Maybe, but I am sure those will be sorted out and I suspect there were very few of those.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its not the IP that is the problem. A VPN MASKS the IP so you cannot see where it is coming from which is a violation of TOS/EULA. From what posters are saying they are using a VPN.
  19. gotwar Gotcharms

^re-read your thing. disregard.

This is still valid though:

It's not a violation of the ToS to connect via a VPN.
  20. mirosk New Member

CatsPaw you are not seriously saying that VPN is against EULA ?

I missed the response e-mail and now have to submit the petition again.