[BUG] Heritage crate familiars are not heirloom (despite tag).

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Benito Augur

I have been collecting familiars from heritage crates. I've noticed that the "Adoptable" version shows "Heirloom" tag upon inspection. However, when you claim the familiar, the familiar itself is not Heirloom (only Placeable). This is slightly misleading and disappointing especially when you have rare familiars (i.e. Fourth Gate Guardian, Crystalline Chokidai) that you want to move around to alts. Can a dev confirm that this is a bug and introduce a fix?

Thank you!
  2. Febb Augur

The is how all adoptable familiars are. You can pass around the adoptable item but once you claim it, it turns no trade.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

One of my biggest gripes with market place items is when they don't have the heirloom tag on them. So many people main change or split time between toons. It sucks to spend a ton of money on one toon and not be able to utilize certain things on your other toons on the account. All marketplace items including these crates and LON/prize items should be flagged heirloom. They might have provided some in game advantages years ago but by todays standards they are all cosmetic.
    Benito likes this.
  4. Benito Augur

Conventionally, the "Heirloom" tag means an item can be moved to other characters via Shared Bank. It is repugnant to put "Heirloom" tag on when the item is already tradeable (no No Trade tag).

The problem is that the "Adoptable" version shows "Heirloom" so a player would expect the adopted version to also have "Heirloom" status (transferable via Shared Bank). The tag is either a bug (Heirloom IS intended) or misleading (Heirloom in error).

I see no real problem to letting these cosmetic-only Heritage Crate familiars have Heirloom status as the artwork items (with more substantive benefit of teleportation) are actually Heirloom transferable.