[BUG] Heritage crate familiars are not heirloom (despite tag).

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am trying to wrap my head around why and how persistently you are "trolling" me. (I am experiencing cognitive dissonance by the randomness of your attack - as if someone took a metaphorical baseball bat to the back of my head). I don't recall responding to any of your threads or posts before now. I am resorting to psychoanalysis because I am befuddled on how an additional innocuous post - in a very innocuous thread (I mean you can't get any more innocuous than cosmetics) - is riling up opposition and passion. (In further psychoanalysis, maybe I feel like a victim and what is minor for me (a bump) is major for you).

Diagnostics aside, what if my target audience is not "the community" but mainly the devs? While the thread allows for others to provide insight and even broaden or narrow the scope of concern.

Edit: Notice the original [BUG] tag in the subject line of the thread from 2018 likely presumes a direct, technical address to the devs more so than the community.
  2. yosco Augur

3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I would also like to add that I'd like to think most in our small EQ community accept all threads from newcomers, old-comers, casuals, raiders, cosmetics-based, game mechanics, ragequits, memes, and more! Obviously, there is abuse (spam, flaming) and I'd certainly like to be a person that does not fall into category.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I have previously posted about this bug in a patch update thread (once so not to spam). I've also put it on the Daybreak issue tracker but it was not saved for some reason (and, yes, I am not stupid and don't want to spam there too). The devs can argue this issue is not tied to a particular patch but has been an issue since the first familiar crates or heritage crates (depending on how far you want to go back). This is the reasoning why I put this thread in Veteran's Lounge to pan it out.

Do you now see why I am taken aback by your vehemence on this matter? (Yes, you did not know that I went through those channels). And, how I don't see how this thread is particularly abusive of anything?

I hear your concerns for sure - but maybe we don't see eye-to-eye at your magnitude.

Maybe, in the future, you can be more polite (e.g. Thanks for your feedback - I'll help you out and PM Prathun) or private message me (or other people) if a thread bothers you?
  5. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Puhleaze for aspect of the brood!!!!!
    Zamiam and Koryu like this.
  6. Prathun Developer

Seems like a bug. Either the non-tradable versions should be heirloom or the heirloom flag should be removed from the tradable versions. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Benito likes this.
  7. Zamiam Augur

yes all items from the marketplace should be heirloomable and /claim items .. ie Aspect of the brood I have sitting in claim due to i switch to different toons all the time.. I also a long time ago /claimed the clicky ports to Cresent reach and brells rest on my then main .. and now that ive switched toons I would like the ability to swap those items to whichever toon im playing on that account .. also would be nice if the XP potions were heirloom-able , however you did kinda fix that with the 3 free ones we can get each month so not too worried about those..
  8. AcemoneyFV Augur

This, please.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thank you for addressing this concern! There are several collectors of the crates on my server (individuals who purchase 10-30 crates) and I've met nice ladies who collect the familiars. I hope the heritage crate claimed/non-tradeable familiars can be made heirloom (when time and resources permit). Thanks again!