Both Servers - Population Thinned ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pigskin, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Pigskin Journeyman

That is my early impression. There has been an exodus from Ragefire to Lockjaw causing both servers to be low population ... even at peak US time.

I play from Australia. This situation is not good at all. Being primarily an off-peak player, small population is terrible from a grouping, raiding and economy perspective.

Can't seem to win no matter what happens.
  2. Rolento Augur

You serious? LJ had a good population before transfers. Now its a booming pop. Not sure how Ragefire is looking, but LJ is great
  3. Elkay Augur

RF is definitely thinner where I've been.
  4. Croak Augur

There are still a load of people on Lockjaw still affected by the rollback not logging in
  5. Tudadar Augur

I think ragefire auction used to be about 100 more then lock. Now lock is 20-30ish more then ragefire and growing everyday. A lot of people that started on lockjaw hoped for a lower pop server so will be interesting. Fast progression usually needs the higher pop. Will see how things turn out but I think this may have been bad. People think lockjaw is the promised land right now but it can easily turn into ragefire and disappoint the x ragefire while pissing off lockjaw players.
  6. Raelsmar Lorekeeper

While it's too early to really tell, it has seemed to me over the last 24 hours or so (since they started allowing transfers) when I have been on, that Ragefire has a noticeable amount of less people on it.

SInce the transfers have opened, every time I have origined back to the starting city of whatever character am I on , there seems to be significantly less people than what I am use to seeing since I started on Ragefire. Neriak is usually overrun with people and I didn't see that many last time I origined back and Rivervale usually has at least a decent amount of people (10-15 or so) when I origin back there before I log off and there were only a handful of people one time I was in RV and not a single other person the other time I checked before logging.

Now that being said, it is the start of the weekend and most of the *less skilled" ,"casual" players (being sarcastic if it wasn't obvious) who don't live, eat, and breath EQ 24/7 don't tend to play nearly as much on the weekend. So it may be a bit premature to say both server populations are low. I would wait until it is evening time here in the United States on Monday and that will be a better estimate of how the server populations are.

There is no doubt that the majority of transfers have been from RF--->LJ though because people are tired of the childish antics of a few people in pseudo positions of power on Ragefire who think they can dictate how the rest of the server should play and what they should be allowed to do/experience.

I still think there are a lot more people that are going to transfer to LJ before they shut down free server transfers. Myself almost certainly being one of them. I was just going to give it a couple of days to make sure there weren't any major issues with the transfers like what happened on Lockjaw earlier this week where people got rolled back, lost their stuff, etc. I was also waiting (but not holding my breath) to see if anything positive/productive came out of the "summit" that was supposed to be taking place today between all of the guilds on Ragefire that are currently raiding or plan on getting into the raid scene soon. Again I don't suspect everyone is going to turn into grown ups all of a sudden and walk out hugging and holding hands, but I at least wanted to see before I officially transferred.

But yeah don't give up just yet. I think Lockjaw can expect its population to get a little "healthier" here in the near future while Ragefire is going to continue to see its population decline to some degree.

I also think it may be something as simple as the fact it is Friday and again a lot of the "casuals" who actually do other stuff outside of EQ are out doing those things this weekend and will be back on Sunday Night or Monday at the latest most likely.
  7. Hateseeker Augur

Yes, I've been looking for this guy that makes idols, haven't seen him though.
  8. Cajun Caret New Member

Only problem i got is RF people coming over to LJ and charging RF prices. And still waiting on my ticket to be addressed.
  9. RainbowTest Augur

How is it even possible to have both servers lose population onn the transfers doesn't the OP sound illogical? Either way LJ is actually a bit too crowded atm but everyone I've run into is nice and the only negative things that have cropped up is those nasty back and forth traders that charge sky high but Lj is a solid community and we don't buy their crap. I think its safe to say RF will be the next vulak now which is kinda funny cause EoE did kinda destroy Vulak with their TL mentality.
    Simone likes this.
  10. Croak Augur

I had idols go poof plus materials and pp... not to mention ~100 stacks of picnics.
    Working out exactly what I had in stock isn't easy - over the weekend I made or moved around 35 idols - the moved idols I know have gone poof - I had some stock before the weekend, I sold some, I made 28 more.

I am not holding my breath any more - just sat til 4am in game again on some alts with nothing from DBG
  11. Hateseeker Augur

You just have to wonder if there will ever be an explanation as for why they could not roll back to 30 minutes before their erroneous unlocking to Live, instead of ~2 days. This is why gaming companies should be held to a higher standard than they currently are, including manually removing people that might have tried to buy spells and such instead of blanket rollbacks for the gaming company's convenience.
  12. Croak Augur

Blanket would have been better as then you could just repeat the transactions... in my case 1 toon wasn't rolled back, but no longer has the idols, pp or materials, and nor do the recipients.
    Some people won't have oxide/perma to sell me to make the idols I made, because they already sold it to me, or lost it themselves, and most of the customers I sold idols to will still have them.
  13. MamaBear Elder

LJ is ridiculous right now. 8(
    Fallfyres likes this.
  14. Thewiz Augur

The population on LJ seems to have nearly doubled.
  15. RainbowTest Augur

Before the rollback average was 19 people in Rathe mountains farming HG's. Most of those were box armies. Now we get as much as 45. I think DBG needs to realize they up lol. They were catering to the VOCAL MINORITY. Now put both back to 6 months and instance this .
    Trey and Thewiz like this.
  16. MamaBear Elder

There was 95 people in one instance of solb earlier. 40ish in Rathe M. - and 3 instances in OOT each with 30+. Talk about....what?
  17. Tudadar Augur

Yeah. Ive been talking to a lot of people on lockjaw. A good amount liked the less populated server and being actually able to kill things.in hate etc. Most arent too happy right now and need to find new things to do. I guess we will know more in a week or so. I dont see what lockjaw gets out of the merger with so many moving ( a little would of helped eco maybe ) With rotations happening on ragefire I think there was less of a need to switch other then the fact they changed the rules of the game with faster unlock and pretty much had to offer something. Still not happy about beta being rushed and launch rushed with just one server... A lot of these problems wouldnt be happening.

That said it seems like right now its just a population issue and not a behavior issue but time will tell.
  18. Arya1 Lorekeeper

Ok well don't get too hysterical, the reason why 95 people were in SolB is because Faceless was naggy.
  19. Elkay Augur

This is exactly what I was worried was going to happen (and stated multiple times on threads).

We really have enough population for 3 servers and a third server would have been the best option to even things out (including the overflow of raiders and lack of raid targets).
  20. Katmandu26 Augur

To that end - a third server is currently in talks and on the way, ie, the no box server.