Both Servers - Population Thinned ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pigskin, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Filnydar Journeyman

There's an explanation for both servers losing population : the EQ2 progression servers are up.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. MamaBear Elder

My bad, didn't realize I was "getting hysterical."
  3. Mind tickle Lorekeeper

Let's not forget the forced rotation on RF, since it's been in play I've seen lot of people stop logging on as much.
  4. pewpewpew New Member

For last few weeks the population at several checked "random times" throughout peak hours have been 2:1 ragefire almost constantly.

In the last 24h it has been around 55% ragefire vs 45% lockjaw so the server have balanced out pretty evenly.
  5. Unsunghero Elder

6. iMugatu Elder

EQ2 progression is where people are playing during downtime, which there is a lot of.

Also, the people that enjoy months and months of stagnant content are probably playing on P99, not here.

Kunark will see huge population increases on both servers. LJ is going to be hurt when Kunark releases on RF and people on LJ are bored as crap.

Everybody that is waiting for Kunark/Velious to start playing will be rolling on RF.
  7. Jezzie Augur

Not if those expansions only last 3 months!
    My favorite expansion is Kunark. It was my starting point on this journey we call Everquest so naturally I'm looking forward to 6 months of it. It's about re-experiencing the zones and content so the longer, the better.
    If I was only interested in the end game then 3 months would probably be too long for me.

After folks have spent 6 months in classic I would imagine that Kunark will be quite the celebration whereas Ragefire will be just another day.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. iMugatu Elder

They have stated that the 3 month classic will not affect the other expansions. That said, they might do another vote mid-kunark to see if people want 3 months of it. I'd be okay with 3 months of Kunark but I want 6 months of Velious-PoP, and I believe we will get it.
  9. Jezzie Augur

Can't find the official quote. I thought it said that there would be a discussion/vote after Kunark unlocked to see if the server would revert back to the 6 month timeframe.
    That implies to me that the server is going 3 months per expansion but subject to change, bit confusing really. I think the uncertainty regarding the timeframe is 1 of the reasons people are using the /servertransfer
  10. Trevalon Augur

Well, I dunno about Ragefire, but Lockjaw is much more populated today than it was 2 days ago lol.

I guess Ragefire's cesspool is thinning out, but LJ is doing better than it has ever done since launch.

I find it funny that LJ is gonna be the most populated of the two realms, guess people really do want 6 months and not 3 months...
    Trey, Simone, Steampunk and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jezzie Augur

This is the quote I mentioned, not aware of any other official word since this statement was made.
  12. Xanadas Augur

Um.. wait... what?
    Simone likes this.
  13. taliefer Augur

I just spent an hour trying to get a low 20s group going for lock jaw and had one taker. Kinda sad the low level game is so dead already
  14. Steampunk Augur

It's rhetoric. It's not supposed to be logical or understandable or even correct. It's just supposed to sound good. Sorta like a political campaign speech.
  15. Machen New Member

Agree this makes no sense by itself... But maybe, just maybe, the server transfers happened to coincide with a 2+ day rollback that was unevenly enforced, a forced rotation on Ragefire that half the server likes and half the server hates (and which half is which changes every other day,) not to mention buffed up sky mobs that no one can actually kill without pet walling. Maybe these other factors had something to do with the population dropping across both servers.
  16. Kloodge Elder

And then there's people like me that don't want the BS of Ragefire and thought Lockjaw was already too crowded at 35+, so quit at least until Kunark is opened on LJ.

But honestly, the quit was coming soon anyway. To each his own, but Kronos sucks the nostalgia right out of it for me.
    woo woo, Xanadas and Fallfyres like this.
  17. Finley Augur

Do you think this would have much impact on the metrics people are using to determine server population (Auction/general chat/CL pop)? Even if all of my guild (Apok) and Twisted Legacy weren't logging until our raid mobs were available that can't account for more than 200-300 people, and my guild seems to be logging in just as much as before and I see Twisted Legacy players around frequently
  18. Lemuelbaruch Elder

Yep- if this does go live, this will really thin out the servers. most likley they will end up having to merge LJ and RF :/
    Fallfyres likes this.
  19. Labattttttttttttt New Member

Where is that being discussed?
  20. Mezrah Augur

Fallfyres likes this.