Boosts to 50

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kylo Classic, May 13, 2021.

1. Kylo Classic Augur

What a load. Nothing you say here bolsters your position. You pull 'facts' out of thin air, and make wild 'claims'. MMO's aren't for short term players? And then end with a general insult to the 'others'. What a mess.
  2. Kylo Classic Augur

The o'l 'either or' argument. How about we buy them both. Cuz that's what the thread was about, buying PLs from the company that makes the game rather than some third-party service.
  3. Jakuk Lorekeeper

Don't worry about him Kylo he is an arrogant human being who thinks he is smarter than everyone else. Maybe he should check his ego and stop trying to take the high ground.
    Triconix likes this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

If I only made $60 an hour I wouldn't be bragging about it.
  5. Triconix Augur

Wasn't trying to, but people can take offense to it if they want. I was mainly pointing out how much more time it would take to acquire the value of a krono in game vs using a wallet. You can find a krono for almost 10 bucks on a 3rd party site which means it's even less time for most people. Hell, person working at Taco Bell makes more than that an hour these days. Regardless, I do find your statement funny.

Did I say it was fact? I'm failing to find that. It's just basic observation and understanding the dynamics of most MMORPGs. Most of what you do in them are time-oriented so you begin to piece it together and hypothesize what the target audience is. Playing a game that requires multiple hour sessions of doing just about anything probably isn't targeted at a person who can play less than 10 hours a week. Shocking concept, I know.

I'm sorry you can't get to max level via credit card at mischief release. You'll have to level your krono farming army the slow way.
  6. Jakuk Lorekeeper

This guy believes he is smarter than everyone on the forums, you can tell by the way he writes.
  7. FrodeEQ Journeyman

So I take you are a purist and never use XP potions either? It's relatively the same thing, and level boosts are not an outrageous idea, many MMO's do it. Not that I am a fan of it though - but to each his own.
  8. Stymie Pendragon

So, if TLP folks were to play to 115 are we talking about $20,000?
    Great idea man, they should hire you lol.
    Camniala likes this.
  9. Greebo Journeyman

If they sell boosts on tlp I'm out. Guessing quite a few people would be. At some point it was introduced, in some expansion, I'm fine with it being introduced at that point.
    Camniala likes this.
  10. kenmei Augur

lol Township Rebellion, a guild of folks who paid $50 monthly for a server. Why am I not surprised by you asking for max lev tokens on a TLP?
    It's a TLP.. work for it,
    want a max level token.. go to the live server and buy one and play there.
    EQ is struggling for players as it is with their lack of doing anything about the bots and krono mafia.. but giving max level on day one for a TLP? seriously? krono mafia not hiding anymore?
  11. kenmei Augur

BDO has them, and its a daily gift if i recall.
  12. kenmei Augur

and those boosted will go directly into the PL/Krono business day 1 competing against EQ.
    I get it, you wanna buy that privilege, I get you.
    but what happens to the game, chum?
    it dies. that's what. sure DBG makes a quick cash grab, but it will be the last one, as the last of the playerbase with any faith in Brad's vision will have left.

That leaves krono mafia vs krono mafia, and they wont stay w/o consumers. Only so long before they realize they are the only ones left.. dont believe me? look to every dead TLP where the bazaar is where their population is, or lack thereof.
    Diff is with Mischief, FV is moving operations to the TLP, that shall be interesting.
    the sudden ask for this kind of cash grab is very funny considering the type of shady player factions this server is going to attract.
    Shoulda gave it Sullon Zek Rules.
  13. kenmei Augur

Consider 2 things..
    1 its a TLP, this will bring a group of players who solely exploit and sell by whatever means on TLP servers in the chase for krono and to manipulate the markets as early as possible.
    2 its an FV server, which brings all the gangsters from FV. You guys thought Ragefire and LockJaw were bad?

there have been no pvp version of these servers and they are toxic as all hell... because of krono.
    imho Sullon Zek pvp Rules would solve alot of the toxicity.

but a token to buy max level on a TLP would be like adding airplane fuel to a fire in a city called EQ.
  14. Kylo Classic Augur

You can have Darkpaw selling a PL service for money to them, and no real disruption to you or, you can watch as boxers take over that service by taking over whole zones so they can PL people.

Your choice, choose wisely.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am not asking for anything, I was just pointing out that this is something that people on all servers would be willing to pay for and not limited to just a tlp server. If I was going to play on a TLP server I wouldn't use a boost.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

You will have people selling plvl for KR and DPG profiting from krono sales as well as plvlers having to have a ton of accounts due to the enchanter change. The other option is DPG offers max level toons in which case a lot of the playerbase quits, as well as the plvlers themselves, and DPG loses out in the end.

You don't seem to understand, krono is how DPG participates in the RMT environment.

For the love of whatever you guys hold dear, please quit coming up with stupid suggestions that make the game even worse. I am half convinced that a most of these coming up with bad ideas are people that just want EQ to go under so that they can get revenge on the people that stole "their" WK ogre camp or something.
  17. kfour New Member

I think selling a boost to max expansion level would be good idea, or maybe like 95% to max, instead of heroic. I know you can buy them from 3rd party people, but having a boost to max at expansion onset would obviously cost more than 3-6 weeks in the expansion, when the third party people would be set to powerlevel a character for you. You also you would be able to put the character on the account you want and not have to deal with scams.

Could also just offer a top off like the 3rd party people at like 3-6 weeks in to max lvl for the expansion for like 50-100 to people. That way returning players could max out a toon if they want half way through an expansion.

Anyway if people want to just pay for max level they should in my opinion. Basically instead of rerolling a character for a box you could just buy one. Or like you said if you want your level 50 toonie to play with your friends and you have more money than time why the hell not, I'm not convinced it should be at launch or TLP but I could definitely see it on live, or even half way through an expansion to play catch up for those that just couldn't keep up.
  18. Camniala New Member

Different suggestion: Eliminate ALL xp potions/items with ANY stat or buff attached from the in game store. Gogogo!