Boosts to 50

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kylo Classic, May 13, 2021.

1. Triconix Augur

1. Pay to win is a disgusting practice which should die on the vine. It should never be condoned, let alone by an MMO company. That company should do everything in their power to try and best prevent RMTing/P2W. P2W kills the spirit of MMOs because it completely removes one of the major design aspects of the game - spending time in another world.

2. MMOs are inherently tailored towards people with higher time investments. That's the whole design of them - achievements that are more time centric and all progression achieved is relative to how much time a person designated in accomplishing that progression. MMOs target audience have always been people with lots of time on their hands. Everything about them highlights this - long raid events, nearly endless grinds for tradeskills, experience, etc.

3. Adding another resource - money - that allows disproportionate advantages over players with the already existing resource - time - creates a terrible atmosphere for a game. A game that creates too much of a gap between players with money and players with time that tilts too much in favor of people with money is a game that will quickly die.

Anyone who condones lots of P2W in an MMO shouldn't even consider an MMO because they really don't like the fundamental aspects of what an MMO is.
    Camniala, Jumbur and Machen like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I can't point out that this is something that players on live servers would like as well? That a service to bring a character to max level would be used on non-tlp servers? All I was ever pointing out that there are players who don't consider leveling to max level one of the main objectives and just want to get to the end game.
  3. HighElfPlayer Journeyman

All your prices are INSANE! Especially starting with TSS or so every expansion adds 1000's of AAs.
    Camniala and Stymie like this.
  4. Elabone Augur

Bro, P2W should only be eliminated in pvp games.
    In pve, with everything instanced, who cares. Most people that would spend massive money to p2w aren't going around grieifing people because they already buy everything they need. P2w doesn't affect you at all on tlps with aocs.

There is no competition between players, it literally doesn't matter lol.

Now if these were pvp servers.... yes, eliminate all forms of p2w. But they aren't. Who cares.

So many people are obsessed with what other people are doing, let it go man.

For the record I support banning rmt'ers
  5. Arclyte Augur

I had no idea there were this many older gamers that have such terrible opinions

Go play one of the dozens of pay to win korean trash games, stop trying to shoehorn that garbage into EQ

Seriously, what is wrong with you?
  6. Kylo Classic Augur

I read on these forums all the time about a boxer PLing people in sebilis. Just think of all the money Darkpaw doesn't see. Now they see the money for the PLing, the people getting PL still happy, and the boxer disappears because no one to buy his service. With less people to lvl to 50, more lvling spots will be open. Seems like a 100% win. Just a few poor people are upset about someone having something that they don't have, a quick path to 50.
  7. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

Sad to see all these plvlers complain when ideas that benefit DBG instead of them get posted on the forums. I guess this hurts their way of making a living.
  8. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

They would make a lot more money lowering the price and this way it doesn't allow for a complete unfair advantage. Change the price to $60 I think they would sell 100s if not 1000s of those character boosts.
  9. Quik Augur

I am pretty sure DBG would love to do this, but I also bet they realize how many subs would drop if they went THIS far into the pay-to-tin category. They have already crossed the line in numerous ways, and krono is a blatant pay to win system.

If you are saying 400.00 for a lvl 50, that would be around 33ish krono on Aradune and I am betting you could get a PL + AA points for that many krono. Honestly not sure as I have never asked, hell what do people usually charge for a PL from 42-65? LOL
  10. Machen New Member

With Krono, SOMEONE still has to farm the stuff you are buying. That's the major difference from this suggestion. No one is going to be selling plvls to 50 for krono on launch day.
    Kylo Classic and Gnothappening like this.
  11. Triconix Augur

If you don't understand how P2W disrupts the entire premise of what an MMORPG is, nothing I can say will convince you. The entire game genre is target audience if for those who have time to spare. If you play an MMO and don't have much time, you should respect the spirit of the game instead of disrupting it by paying stuff to reach the "end game." Everything in these games is designed around time - grinds, quests, raids, etc - all require vast amounts of time.
    Jumbur likes this.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

I think that is the balancing act as well. Most people don't want to play a game where you can buy a maxed out everything from the game company itself. Like you said, at least with krono, someone is doing the effort to get the item/exp.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Already got 2 slots in a static group to 50 for 2 friends, cost 30 krono each.
    But when you got hundreds of these worthless items why not.

Heck I'm asking a friend if they can get my 2 box to 40ish without me there. :p
  14. Baratu New Member

Hi Holly!

Stick to ruining WoW classic lol
  15. Xazier Elder

So what do you say about krono loving plvers who provide no stop service for people wishing to get to max lvl/AAs quick does that not affect the game? You cant say DBG offering the service is bad without recognizing that Plvlers are already doing it and capitalizing on it.
  16. Elabone Augur

Its not 1999 anymore. The target audience is anyone who wants to play. There is no "spirit of the game". And your refusal to even attempt to address my statement just makes it seem like you have no counterpoint. Me boosting a character to 50 after I already have a level 50 on my account doesnt "disrupt" the game. Allowing me to purchase a boost on day 1 of a new server would absolutely disrupt the game. P2W on Pve servers doesnt matter.
  17. Triconix Augur

It does affect the game though. Kronos artificially inflate the economy because they are backed by a dollar value. It only takes like 15 mins of my work pay to get a krono. To grind the same amount of plat or items that are equal to a krono is WAY more than 15 minutes. Therefore, you are giving people with more disposable income a disproportionate advantage in the game.P2W things like krono purchasing absolutely affects the game because you are shifting the resource of in game purchase power from time in game to real life dollars.

Also, people who require PLs most likely won't be playing as long because they most likely cannot maintain the time required to remain at a high level unless they just start funneling cash into the game constantly. MMOs aren't designed for short term players. They are targeted for people who have lots of time and are willing to stay. Mixing in players that go against target audience can cause disruptions for groups, guilds, etc.

Its like people can't think critically. Everyone is thinking at a surface level.
  18. Triconix Augur

All MMORPGs have a target audience. I'll expand that further and state every single consumer item has a target audience. To state otherwise is being ignorant. I dont buy a minivan expecting it to drive like a 3 series nor do I buy a porsche 992 for its storage capacity.
  19. Gnothappening Augur

Krono do alter the game. That being said I think they are a good middle ground. Sure there are people who RMT, but their RMT puts money in the pocket of DBG without DBG turning EQ into a 100% P2W game. IMO it is a balancing act. They need to extract some money out of the secondary market without turning EQ into a buy your gear type place.
  20. Jakuk Lorekeeper

Noone asked you to boast how much you make. Just because you make $60+ an hour does not mean everyone else does.