Beta Install Issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Larataris, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Larataris New Member

Husband copy and pasted the arelis.eqg file and it fixed his too :)
  2. Kandykiss Journeyman

Even so, they should really fix this. Look how many are having this same problem, and these are just the people posting about it. I was talking to my guild about it and someone said he had the same issue years ago in beta with the same file. As this seems to be an on-going problem, perhaps they should look into it.
  3. Shadowedspawn New Member

I am running into this error "extract: error writing to file Awesomium.dll" I uninstalled the beta and now every time I try to reinstall it keeps giving me this error and brings up a separate window saying extract: Awesomium.dll with a progress bar that doesn't move.
  4. Jaxon New Member

I've tried all these methods, I've even copied an entire EQ folder over to EQBeta, and tried it again, and it always tries to create arelis.epg and gets hung up. This is very poor design. I didn't have any problems downloading the regular game, on any of my installs. Please fix this.
  5. Jreafman New Member

For those who are still having problems, before telling it to retry again, click the settings button on Launchpad. The first option, Updated File List will show you the files it's updating as it goes. If you watch, you'll eventually see a message saying that it is Retrying Such and Such file. After that you'll have a few moments, and it'll crash on you (or, it'll retry, and not crash). When it retries and DOESN'T crash, lifeis great, move on. When it DOES stop the download, list the name of the file here (or in some place the webmonkies designate).

It could be that the reason the file copy/paste fix is working for some and not others is that some folks might have a different file screwing up on them. If that's the case, I suppose it would be better if the devs knew all of the files causing problems... and we are, after all, here to help find problems.
  6. Shadowedspawn New Member

Got it fixed. I copied the entire EQ folder into the Beta folder then ran the Beta setup and it finished perfectly. YAY!
  7. Geroblue Augur

I keep getting 'Error: The downloaded file does not match what was expected. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes." I have tried deleting the launcher cache folder. I'll try copying the arelis file next.
  8. Geroblue Augur

Copying the arelis file worked for me.
  9. TechnicalMonkey New Member

My Nod32 Anti-Virus is popping up when it gets to eqgame.exe

Anyone else experience this or is it just a false positive?
  10. HatefulxxDesign New Member

I have had my launcher get stuck on 6 files just in D's. Im already getting sick of having to transfer over a file every 2-3minutes so that the launcher will install. Why in the world has SOE not fixed this issue yet.
  11. gryphonjsf New Member

I also had a problem with arelis.eqg file not loading. I went to the everquest file and copied the file from there, pasted it into the beta folder and it was fixed.
  12. Jaxon New Member

What version of Windows are you referring to? I'm running Windows 7 and When I click the advanced Tab there is no Reset to Delete Personal Settings. I have done the second part, deleted the launchpad.libs folder, copied over the arelis.epg file from my EQ folder, deleted it for the launcher to re-download it. None of these things work. Can you put up the arelis.epg file so we can download it as perhaps it's looking for different info than is on the file myself and others have. My file info says: arelis.epg 11/14/2011 1:31PM EQG File 23,575 KB. Perhaps this is different info than the install is looking for. I keep trying and trying, I've gotten to 2,576 MB of the install now. This is ridiculous that you haven't come up with an answer yet. I can run 5 accounts on my computer at a time, using the taskbar to switch between them, of course most are just along for the ride, buffing and occasionally healing, mainly just sucking up exp. The point is I'm not on a low level computer barely running current EQ. I've tried the install with nothing else running, even turning off my anti-virus program for the download and nothing works. Even copying over the current EQ download.
  13. Pokes New Member

Thanks for the suggestions to show the files. I too had been getting stuck on arelis.eqg. I copied it from my everquest folder and put it in the beta folder and that fixed my problem to get the install to finish. All the other errors I got past just by hitting retry.
  14. twistified New Member

I can't seem to find the arelis.eqg file, can someone point me in the right direction.